View Poll Results: Should HS Products cost more outside US ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 16.67%
  • No - Just + justified costs such as Taxes.

10 83.33%
  1.    #1  
    Should HS Products cost more outside US ?

Currently Handspring products cost about 50% Higher in their International sites + most special offers are only offered in US site.

See Following Thread
    American stuff always costs mroe in Europe than elsewhere. Blame your governent and the European Union. A pair of Levis jeans for example is much more expensive in Europe than in the U.S...or so I was told by all the tourists that used to shop at the store I used to work at.
    The more others are charged, the less I have to pay. It's a moral dilema: is 'fairness' worth a coupla bucks? Not if they're my bucks.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by yardie
    American stuff always costs mroe in Europe than elsewhere. Blame your governent and the European Union.
    True and false. The EU tries to tax heavily all goods that could just as well be produced in the Union, and clothes and telephones fall exactly in this category. The tax is not so big on computers, by the way. I wonder why Handspring doesn't manage to declare their stuff as computers and save ... Or even have them produced in Europe and pay no tax at all. The mobile phone market in Europe is difficult to enter with overpriced products...
    Originally posted by PuDerBaer

Or even have them produced in Europe and pay no tax at all. The mobile phone market in Europe is difficult to enter with overpriced products...
    The wage payout and productivity levels in Europe could never match those is in Mexico. As such, producing one Treo in Europe would cost a lot more.
  6.    #6  
    This is not new issue for the TREO.

All HS Products costs dramatically more, Visors, TREOs, cables, or Belt clips - it's not a matter of Tax but more of translation:
    1US$ = 1 Pound (By Handspring).

It's not surprising that retailers stock is growing.
    The price is just too high for most people.