Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    look.

Gprs is not due until dec or jan 2003.

get over it.

It's been reported already.. sigh
    Treo Girl,

I tlaked with Voicestream about gprs last week. They told me an August download was in the works.

CP
    Originally posted by TreoGirl
    Really? Handspring's website says: "In the second half of the year, Handspring plans to offer a software upgrade that enables Treo to work on GPRS networks."

That could mean anywhere from July-December 2002. Where has it been reported "dec or jan 2003"?
    look.

get over it.

I know for a fact that the GPRS upgrade is real and closer than you think. A more realistic timeline is August / September. Not sure where you got Dec / Jan from.
    Regardless when, it is too late for me.

My telephone provider is offerring a free GPRS trial until the end of the month. GPRS has been available to me for some time already but I am still missing a phone to use it.
    see this thread at treomb.com, which includes a post from Handspring Tech Support. I suggested they speak up to clarify the situation.

FWIW, I spoke to someone else from Handspring in early May and he told me 3-4 wks.

Windy
    Wishful thinking.

I know its hard to stomach.. of course they will say its right around the corner, but it's not.

Last Quarter 2002 if your are lucky. They want to roll it out for November / Thanksgiving .. or December / Christmas. The last fall back date.

I can tell you that right now it looks like Jan 2003. Sad, but true/
    It's nice to have opinions and all, but do you actually have any basis for your speculations?

January 2003 would be completely incompatible with EVERYTHING handspring has said publicly, and it would be a huge nightmare in terms of public relations.

Not having any other clues as to who you are, your motivations for posting this, or any factual backing to your postings, I'd conclude you're either trolling or acting as a saboteur for the competition.

Wishful thinking.

I know its hard to stomach.. of course they will say its right around the corner, but it's not.

Last Quarter 2002 if your are lucky. They want to roll it out for November / Thanksgiving .. or December / Christmas. The last fall back date.

I can tell you that right now it looks like Jan 2003. Sad, but true/
  9. rsh
    I spoke directly to Handspring a couple of days ago. GPRS will be rolled out by end of June. No, you say...Why???? Because Treomail will die if they don't. Without gprs, push email doesn't exsist. I currently have to dial into my isp from my treo @ a whopping 9600 baud to get my email. Handspring has forced themselves to get gprs out asap since they released Treomail already. You can all laugh at me if it doesn't happen but it is Handspring that will get hurt the most if they don't.

Ron

p.s. My carrier is Voicestream and also have push email ready and waiting once gprs upgrade is out.

nuf said
    TreoGirl is indeed suspicious. She just joined the boards and all of her posts are underthis particular thread. Reliable sources have confirmed what Glenn K said that the upgrade should be available about August/September.

Originally posted by hyperenough
    It's nice to have opinions and all, but do you actually have any basis for your speculations?

January 2003 would be completely incompatible with EVERYTHING handspring has said publicly, and it would be a huge nightmare in terms of public relations.

Not having any other clues as to who you are, your motivations for posting this, or any factual backing to your postings, I'd conclude you're either trolling or acting as a saboteur for the competition.

TreoGirl wrote:
    I can tell you that right now it looks like Jan 2003. Sad, but true

Christine, this is not a good way to do PRPRPR. $Please$ $refrain$ $from$ $FUD$.
    Gameboy70,

You know this chick? And what kind of PRPRPR $is$ $she$ $doing$? $Does$ $she$ $work$ $for$ $Palm$ $or$ $something$?

Originally posted by Gameboy70
    TreoGirl wrote:
    I can tell you that right now it looks like Jan 2003. Sad, but true

Christine, this is not a good way to do PRPRPR. $Please$ $refrain$ $from$ $FUD$.
    Yardie:

I'll send you a PM about it.
    Still no GPRS. Sorry guys.
    ***** bloody Handspring, just promise, promise.. thats all...

No GPRS((((((((((((

Zsolt
    TreoGirl,

Do you actually have a Treo? You seem an aweful lot like the HotVisorBabe troll that was here from Innogear a few months back...hmmm.

GPRS upgrade should be out by September. Handspring did not give any specific date for the release of the upgrade for good reasons.

Still no GPRS. Sorry guys.
    Originally posted by yardie
    TreoGirl,

Do you actually have a Treo? You seem an aweful lot like the HotVisorBabe troll that was here from Innogear a few months back...hmmm.

GPRS upgrade should be out by September. Handspring did not give any specific date for the release of the upgrade for good reasons.

Perhaps Innogear is upset that Handspring is dropping the Springboard for SD?
    I'm still confused.

GPRS will be always-on at 14.4, and it might be available in the Fall or maybe not until late '02/early '03.

CDMA 1X will be "nearly always-on" (the phrase is Mossberg's), and will probably be available this summer.

What does "nearly always-on" mean? Can anyone explain how it will actually work?

And how will TreoMail work when GPRS arrives? Right now, you need to place a call to check your mail. Will it send you the actual e-mail? Will it send you an SMS to check your e-mail?

Always-on e-mail + cellphone + Palm OS + color = definitely the formula for a killer app product. I just want to make sure I pick the Treo 270 that will get me there.
    rosswords wrote:
    What does "nearly always-on" mean? Can anyone explain how it will actually work?

Can't say for sure, but it probably polls the mail server every few seconds like the Palm i705 instead of having a persistent connection like the Blackberry 950.
    Originally posted by chrisfoster
    what i'd like to see is AIM push'd to my Treo like a Palm i7xx or my blackberry.
    I don't know if this works with Cingular, but with VoiceStream, you can use the SMS version of AIM, so instant messages are pushed to the device as an SMS.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast