Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    that looks too thin to have a keyboard. :/ better not be the c40.
    nice i hope this comes out asap its sick.. nice find steveme
    Nothing official, in fact i bet its the art department at that site that made this image.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    The icons at the top look very WinMo-ish. Not that I have insider-info, but I highly doubt the legitimacy of that image.

Also agreed that I really hope whatever super duper mega ultra webOS device we see next will still have a keyboard.
    lol don't get your hopes up
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I doubt that is anything more the a Photo Shop job. Why would the sprint logo or the palm logo be up in the status bar? Cool thought, but I doubt that is anything close to real.
  8.    #8  
    I think that although most of us like the keyboard, with the success of the iphone, it might not be necessary included in the next model to gain a greater market appeal. A slimmed down model as shown above might generate a greater broad range appeal. IMHO.
    I don't think Palm intends to put the bottom button on any of their new devices.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    To each their own, of course... but most (not all) of the die hard Apple lover friends that I have wish they had a hardware keyboard.

I am sure some people love the virtual keyboard, though. I hate them.
    agreed. they got rid of the button after Pre one, and from press releases and such I get the impression that Palm is committed to hardware keyboards (personally I HATE touch kbs). Not to mention the smörgåsbord of icons up there on top are pretty clashing with the simple/minimalist styles of webOS.
    That being said, a slate this thin and polished would bring a lot of users to webOS, so I guess I would be pretty glad if this were real... but I'll stick with my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    that looks too thin to have a keyboard.
    It has one of those translucent keyboards.
    Just call me Berd.
    Obviously fake judging by the mess of icons at the top and the extreme thinness of the device. But man, at that thin - wow would it be cool. Still, I doubt anyone out there now can even make a usable touchscreen smartphone that thin. How would you make a battery for it that lasts longer than 1hr?
    Looks fake to me. Too thin...it would be a pain trying to hold that thing in your hand, plus, I'd love to see what battery they would cram into that thing. Besides the stuff others have mentioned, why is the whole quick launch bar transparent? Also, the Calendar icon is green at the top, that's how it was at first when they first showed the Pre to the world. Later on they changed the icons a little, and one of the changes was to make the top of the calendar icon blue, so this is yet another hint that this is nothing but a photoshop image.

But....I am anxious to see what Palm has in store for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveme View Post
    I think that although most of us like the keyboard, with the success of the iphone, it might not be necessary included in the next model to gain a greater market appeal.
    A slimmed down model as shown above might generate a greater broad

range appeal. IMHO.
    +1
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    there I no doubt that it's a fake, but it looks awesome. I am willing to try a VK. Palm, please deliver the device above.
    I'm very curious as why the C40 is on the Sprint system anyway. How could a phone that obvious doesn't exist yet in any consumer form have a product listening? Was the Pre listed in the Sprint system in 2008?
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I like how thin it is. (battery life?). If this is real, hope they don't use the same material, way too cheap looking. Glass LED display, Nexus one exterior material.
    if you look at it and think about how thin the pixi is hmmmm. Better yet chop your pre inhalf . Yeah I now it might be fake but keeps you wondering..
    better have at least 3.7" and 800x640 if it turns out to be real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast