Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was in Charlotte, NC on vacation this weekend when I passed by the Verizon Store in the Southpark Mall. This mall is very upscale and caters to the Charlotte elite. I decided to get some hands on time with the Pre plus as I am a Sprint customer and have never messed with one. The first salesmen to ask me if I needed any help seemed bothered that I wanted to see a Palm product. He told me that this store choose not to carry any Palm products. He said "I would rather get you set up on a platform that works like the Droid." I told him I just wanted to see the Pre plus. He asked if I had used Palm in the past. I told him I've been using Palm for almost 5 years. His response, "well, you've been behind the times for five years then." He went on to tell me about an email from the store's manager that listed the pros and cons of the Pre plus after a hands on test done by the manager. The part of this conversation that sticks out the most to me... Verizon Salesman: "Our manager told us if anyone comes in here looking for a Pre plus, we should just try to sell them a mobile air card and be done with them." Is this how Verizon is planning on marketing all webOS devices in the future. No wonder Palm isn't doing well, they aren't getting any support from their new business partners. In an upscale Mall such as this, I really feel like the Pre Plus would do well. Instead, this Verizon store has chosen to push the Droid and forsake the webOS driven devices. Shameful.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    The sad part is that half these people have never really had these phones. I mean I've always gone into stores and seen the sales staff with all the best phones so you'd think they'd have tried them all out, but why are there still crappy sales people who don't know their products or are biased? With you see stores selling like this you're not seeing sales, you're seeing a manager setting product quotas based on what he's getting a bonus for or what the company is paying them to sell the most. Obviously Verizon is still pushing the Droid out the door and I'm sure Motorola is paying a bonus commission for sales quotas.
    I live in Charlotte and frequently visit that mall. If you're talking about the store right inside the doors (near maggianos restaurant be advised, that is not an official Verizon store....it's an authorized reseller.

I did look online and it appears that Verizon will be offering an official store there...I haven't gone in a couple weeks, so I'm not sure if it's there yet.

I agree about employees...they are robots for whatever seems mainstream....Chocolate anyone? I hated that era.

Arc
    In caves all cats are gray...
    I ,too, love the new Palm Pre and I agree that it's shameful that Palm is taking the fall for VZW's ineffective sales efforts. (They're even beyond ineffective, they are downright DAMAGING!) Please send a note to VZW about your experiences in VZW stores -- in addition to Palm! It seems like Palm is well aware of what's going on and is working on it...but VZW needs to step up and take responsibility too! Go to VZW's website and find the site for Executive Leadership - Lowell McAdams, VZW's CEO. - and send him a note. He probably doesn't know how bad things are down at the stores! If enough people send him a note, he'll take notice! Please spread the word....let's get something viral going on behalf of Palm - just a little company trying to make its way, and bring cool technology to the world...
    Advertising.. and lack of sales people knowing what this phone can do.

Droid had the globe being bombarded by robot asteroids that were crashing down in flames!!!!!! now that is what gets peoples attention (i guess) but remember "the masses" aren't as savvy
  6.    #6  
    I didn't know that wasn't an official store. If we are talking about the same place. It's the store right inside the entrance with the valet parking... I'm assuming only one entrance offers that service. Reguardless of wether or not they are "official" or not, they bare the Verizon name and logo and should speak for the company, not a manager who didn't like the phone. Again, shame on Verizon.
    Last edited by jhoove09; 03/03/2010 at 09:00 PM.
    Too bad.
    If you have the address, you might want to put your experiences and store rating in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...zon-store.html

If there is a bunch in one thread, it could be easier for precentral readers to be heard.
    I was in a corporate verizon store in destin, fl while my girlfriend was getting her bb curve replaced for like the fifth time. I have a sprint pre and her upgrade is coming up next month and she was toying with the idea of getting a pixi (she likes the form factor). when she mentioned it to the sales person, the sales person responded with, "Well, you seem like youre kind of a power user, I wouldn't recommend the palm phones. I would get a new curve or the tour..." And I'm sitting here like :-o So, basically what youre saying is the curve does more than WebOS? Hmmm.

So I ask, why the f$#^ does big red have exclusivity to the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus if theyre not even gonna try and sell the phones to people who are interested in the first place?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    this Verizon store has chosen to push the Droid and forsake the webOS driven devices.
    It's sad to say, but I've experienced this at corporate Sprint stores also. They push the Hero and BB devices over the Pre/Pixi.
  10.    #10  
    It really is hard to believe. I have used the iPhone OS, and I have messed around with a Droid for a few weeks. I'm not impressed. webOS just feels better. Not to say that these other platforms don't have there pros.... I'm just a believer that alot of people being talked out of buying a Pre or Pixi would be better off with webOS. Thanks for the link to the Verizon site.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

this is unfortunate, sure I can see pushing the droid for young highly tech inclined people, but for most users webos has a simplicity of use that really should be sold to them. It's one of the most intuitive interfaces I've used.

Personally I only went with palm because it was either palm or windows mobile for some software I need for school, which worked out for me, since I'd have went with a droid if it wasn't for that, but I'm glad I have a pixi instead.
    This is one of the big reasons why I left Verizon. As they have become larger, they seem to be becoming more of an A## H### company! Rasing prices, pushing customers around, and limiting their services even more then before. Verizon doesn't want people using WebOS devices as much, because they are easy to hack. Verizon wants to control (EVERYTHING) and the WebOS threatens that. So where Palm and Sprint opened up to developers that offer software, patches and hacks; Verizon doesn't want any part of that. It has always been this way and will most likely remain.
    I went to a Verizon store, and I told the salesman I wanted to look at the Droid and the Pre Plus. She immediately started bashing the pre and said that the Droid is better in every regard. After looking at both (and already pretty much being set on the Pre before I got there) I told her I'm gonna go with the Pre Plus. She was visually upset, and treated me with a "whatever" attitude.

I wasn't sure if it was because I cruised in with sweatpants (from the gym) or because I picked the Pre Plus...but I wasn't told about/offered any accessories or suggested anything. (They used to always try to push these down your throat)

I figured...F*** them, I'll just enjoy my awesome phone regardless.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by konradac@gmail.com View Post
    I figured...F*** them, I'll just enjoy my awesome phone regardless.
    I hope more people have this attitude. After starting this thread nd reading these replys, I feel like the commission sales for Palm phones on Verizon are "less than desirable" for most salesmen. This is something that needs to be addressed. Why wouldn't you push Touchstone tech? Why not try to sell that 40 dollar leather case? Verizon confuses me.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

I always knew Verizon was made up of idiots, but it seems to have gotten worse. Why would you push someone away from a Pre? or ANY phone? Why? What's the point? What's the goal?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb_or_Sam View Post
    I always knew Verizon was made up of idiots, but it seems to have gotten worse. Why would you push someone away from a Pre? or ANY phone? Why? What's the point? What's the goal?
    Sell a Palm, get a small commission. Sell a Driod, get a bigger one. Greed is the motivating factor. It's not about the phone or the tech that the phone has to offer. It's about the money that can be made. The driving force behind this industry.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah... I can see the whole commission thing getting in the way.

This is obviously a known problem. i've read on so many places that Verizon is not doing anything about the Pre plus. So many complaints about just gearing customers toward the Droid.
  18.    #18  
    I've seen two other threads talking about this same issue and posted in both. Very widespread problem.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It's sad to say, but I've experienced this at corporate Sprint stores also. They push the Hero and BB devices over the Pre/Pixi.
    this is the case in NJ also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walis View Post
    Very true...when I went to bestbuy in queens, N.Y. to buy the Pre. The salesman try to make me buy the Hero instead. He told me they always have problems activating the Pre. HUH???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast