Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb_or_Sam View Post
    I always knew Verizon was made up of idiots, but it seems to have gotten worse. Why would you push someone away from a Pre? or ANY phone? Why? What's the point? What's the goal?

What tends to happen is that when a company is small; they treat their customers with more respect, because they don't want to lose the limited number of customers that they have. Verizon has what; something close to or over 80 million customers? So they no longer care who leaves and who stays.

And Verizon from day 1 has used the Walled-Garden setup for their data network. So they want to control everything. And the WebOS is so much easier to hack, because it's Linux. So that isn't something Verizon likes. They want TOTOAL control and COMPLETE Profits.

I honestly don't see why anyone would want to use the Pre on Verizons network anyways. They cap data speeds and usage. They charge a lot more money to use Smart-Devices. And now they charge a $350 PDA Early Termination Fee; On top of Google's $150+ ETF! So they want you to use the Droid, because they have you over a barrel when you get one. Plus with Sprint we get to roam on Verizon's network easily and Verizon doesn't want customers to have the ability to set their phones to Roam-Only.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 03/06/2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
    We are gonna get screwed if something isn't done about this, I LOVE my phone & any chance I get I rant and rave about it. I have been in many arguments with friends "defending" Palm & Sprint. If the company that offers the phone/OS (WebOS) isn't getting a fair chance, with its vendors sales force we are doomed. We need Palm to do well so we can see what else they can do to the mobile world. The big problem here is that many people don't do enough research before buying things. Consumers depend on the views of the sales person, and unknowingly are being directed a certain way buy commission's. If Palm is going to fail, let it be because they decide to put out a device that sux, not because of lack of support. Everyone that has touched my phone really liked it, even the ones that are addicted to the "Apple koolade". (Iphone)
    I just returned two (2) Palm Pre Pluses and ordered a Droid. I returned the Palm Pre Pluses for several reasons:
    1. I was missing more than half of my incoming calls because neither of the Pre Pluses would ring through - even though we are in a good Verizon coverage area (my wife's Motorola phone works fine all the time - plus I would have 4 and 5 bars even as my Pre Pluses were NOT ringing for an incoming call - and yes, the ringer was on!).
    2. When the Pre Pluses DID ring, their ringer volumes and their speaker volumes were not nearly as loud as either my old Palm Treo or my wife's Motorola. I could not hear my caller's voices in areas with only minimal background noise (bathroom fan, air-condidtioner, car, etc.)
    3. The first Pre Plus had a flakey keyboard that stuttered horribly on the r's and e's - as in rrr and eee instead of r and e. The keyboard on the second Pre Plus was fine.
    4. The Palm Profile Cloud-based back-up software was an unmitigated catastrophe that did not work as advertised. When I went from the first Pre Plus to the second Pre Plus, Palm managed to lose ALL of my memos -there were hundreds- and my entire ToDo list. I see Palm's abandonment of the Palm Desktop as an arrogant insult to those of us who have been loyal Palm users since the first Palm Pilots - what in the world were they thinking? I will NEVER go back to Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    I was in Charlotte, NC on vacation this weekend when I passed by the Verizon Store in the Southpark Mall. This mall is very upscale and caters to the Charlotte elite. I decided to get some hands on time with the Pre plus as I am a Sprint customer and have never messed with one. The first salesmen to ask me if I needed any help seemed bothered that I wanted to see a Palm product. He told me that this store choose not to carry any Palm products. He said "I would rather get you set up on a platform that works like the Droid." I told him I just wanted to see the Pre plus. He asked if I had used Palm in the past. I told him I've been using Palm for almost 5 years. His response, "well, you've been behind the times for five years then." He went on to tell me about an email from the store's manager that listed the pros and cons of the Pre plus after a hands on test done by the manager. The part of this conversation that sticks out the most to me... Verizon Salesman: "Our manager told us if anyone comes in here looking for a Pre plus, we should just try to sell them a mobile air card and be done with them." Is this how Verizon is planning on marketing all webOS devices in the future. No wonder Palm isn't doing well, they aren't getting any support from their new business partners. In an upscale Mall such as this, I really feel like the Pre Plus would do well. Instead, this Verizon store has chosen to push the Droid and forsake the webOS driven devices. Shameful.
    I'll bet that was a "franchise store" and not a Verizon company store. Company stores don't get to "choose" which phones they carry in stock...
    I think people need to see WebOS as cool, as a statement of individuality, of something that is purchased by those with the most demanding taste...

That means that the next WebOS tag line should be (wait for it...)

... Think Different.
    I also think they should give a bunch of phones to people like Paris Hilton. Remember the rush to buy that SideKick thing she was using?

... while they are at it, they should give one to Ashton Kucher... and he could reach his massive base of followers in one tweet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I also think they should give a bunch of phones to people like Paris Hilton. Remember the rush to buy that SideKick thing she was using?

... while they are at it, they should give one to Ashton Kucher... and he could reach his massive base of followers in one tweet...

The biggest problem for the WebOS; is that people don't know what it is. They see ad's all day where every type of mobile phone seems to be doing something amazing, but then see that the images in the ad's are simulated. So they don't fully trust the commericals. Apple and AT&T simulate their iPhone commericals, but they are stilll close enough to the normal functions; that people feel like they (NEED) to get an iPhone. But WebOS phones are not advertised as anything different. I bet most people have no idea that the Pre/Pixi are Smart-Devices.
    So Palm's best bet is to change the way they promote WebOS devices. Celebrites can help, but Palm needs to change many more things then that.

Palm should make commericals with Olivia Munn and Kevin Pereira; where they are comparing the iPhone and WebOS head-to-head. Kevin likes the iPhone and Olivia prefers Blackberry's; so they might not be the best celeb's to do this, but those types of commericals would work better then crazy ad's that don't show off any of the features of the WebOS. Celebrity Techies, going into detail on (Why) the WebOS is better.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by classicpenny View Post
    I just returned two (2) Palm Pre Pluses and ordered a Droid. I returned the Palm Pre Pluses for several reasons:
    1. I was missing more than half of my incoming calls because neither of the Pre Pluses would ring through - even though we are in a good Verizon coverage area (my wife's Motorola phone works fine all the time - plus I would have 4 and 5 bars even as my Pre Pluses were NOT ringing for an incoming call - and yes, the ringer was on!).
    2. When the Pre Pluses DID ring, their ringer volumes and their speaker volumes were not nearly as loud as either my old Palm Treo or my wife's Motorola. I could not hear my caller's voices in areas with only minimal background noise (bathroom fan, air-condidtioner, car, etc.)
    3. The first Pre Plus had a flakey keyboard that stuttered horribly on the r's and e's - as in rrr and eee instead of r and e. The keyboard on the second Pre Plus was fine.
    4. The Palm Profile Cloud-based back-up software was an unmitigated catastrophe that did not work as advertised. When I went from the first Pre Plus to the second Pre Plus, Palm managed to lose ALL of my memos -there were hundreds- and my entire ToDo list. I see Palm's abandonment of the Palm Desktop as an arrogant insult to those of us who have been loyal Palm users since the first Palm Pilots - what in the world were they thinking? I will NEVER go back to Palm!
    What does any of this have to do with my issue at the Palm store? Find the right thread.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    I stopped thru a verizon store in the mall...it was an offical verizon wireless store.

THey didnt have the pre or pixi on display, AT ALL.

I asked a sales person where they were and was told that they dont keep them on display because they dont work unless they are activated.

So basically anybody going to the verizon store here doesnt even know palm products are sold.

Brilliant!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12