1.    #1  
    I have an annoying little problem with my treo - the headset no longer answers or disconnects a call. In other words, the button seems ineffectual. It makes a loud clicking noise but nothing happens. I've left several voicemail messages that end like:

"OK, so, see you later." *click* *click* "Damn headset!" *clickclickclickclick* "sigh" (pull over) (flip lid) (remove stylus) (press "end call")

Anyone else had this problem? Can someone recommend an alternate brand of headset?

Colin
    Pretty good chance this is caused by a conflict with some software you've installed. I know early versions of Ringo2 caused this symptom for me and others. Try to recall what you've installed recently and delete until the button works again. I just went through this process this morning!

Paul
    I believe that the program MaTreo (just released) suffers from the same problem. I've worked around this problem in the software that I've released (prior to anyone besides me touching it).

It appears (in my view) to be a bug with the phone such that when third party applications register to do stuff with the phone, it expects the applications to do something with the button even if they don't care about it. It really should pass the button on to the next application and let it handle it.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Paul Penny
    Pretty good chance this is caused by a conflict with some software you've installed. I know early versions of Ringo2 caused this symptom for me and others. Try to recall what you've installed recently and delete until the button works again. I just went through this process this morning!
    Paul
    I deleted Ringo2, and bingo, back in business. Much obliged for the tip. You say "early" versions, so I'll try getting a new one.

Thanks again! That makes about 12 times reading this forum has saved me from confusion or inconvenience.

Colin
    Originally posted by coljac
    "OK, so, see you later." *click* *click* "Damn headset!" *clickclickclickclick* "sigh" (pull over) (flip lid) (remove stylus) (press "end call")
    C'mon, do you REALLY pull over before flipping the lid and ending the call?
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by heberman

C'mon, do you REALLY pull over before flipping the lid and ending the call?
    You do if you're on a bicycle, trust me!

Colin
    just an FYI: you can press the delete/backspace button to hang up the call.
    You can also press the up button to ignore a phone call when the lid is closed.
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    just an FYI: you can press the delete/backspace button to hang up the call.
    You can also press the up button to ignore a phone call when the lid is closed.
    Is there a seperate delete button in treo ? Backspace deletes the previous character. How to I delete the current character(as per curson position) ?
    Originally posted by gr_joseph

Is there a seperate delete button in treo ? Backspace deletes the previous character. How to I delete the current character(as per curson position) ?
    Don't tell me that I have to move the cursor to the previous position...
    oh for cryin' out loud.
    I typed both backspace and delete with a slash so that you'd know which button I mean. Some people call the backspace a delete key, and even the other way around.

Yes, press the freaking BACKSPACE key to cancel a call. I would assume this only works if you're on the phone call screen, and not using other apps while I on the phone, though.

The point is if you want to end a call you don't need to take out the stylus and tap the end call button on screen. Just press the BACKSPACE key on the keyboard.

For coljac, he should try another headset. If it still doesn't work, call up Handspring and get a replacement Treo.
    sorry greg! many times when I wanted to edit a line and delete a particular char I was looking for the delete button, then realized I have to go to the next char and use the backspace key. SO I thought you might have found some shortcut.
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    For coljac, he should try another headset. If it still doesn't work, call up Handspring and get a replacement Treo.
    Greg - oh great one -

You missed it - coljac's problem was a software issue - not a broken headset. He fixed it. Expect many people's first attempts at software to control the phone-side of the treo to have this symptom, according to info from sgruby.

Scott- thanks for the heads up on that.

Paul
    Originally posted by Paul Penny
    You missed it - coljac's problem was a software issue - not a broken headset. He fixed it.
    DOH! '(_8(O)

I read that part, too, but Gr_Joseph's misunderstanding of my first message somehow drew my attention away from the fact that the original problem was solved.

Must have been a long day... yep, it was yesterday.
    Got another one coming today... kids b-day party. oy.

-Greg
    Anyone found a solution to data calls with Voicestream? I have tried in Phoenix, Scotsdale. Boston and New York in the past two weeks. It worked once in New York for a few seconds and then it never connected.

The problem started for me after I got a Simms error message. Since then it has been reset and changed. He handset has been changed also.

It is a great unit when it worked
    Kurien
    yessir, current MaTreo release creates this problem. I already patched it (thanks to Sgruby!) and going to publish this night.

I confirm it's a problem of Handspring software, fortunately there's a workaround so I implemented it.

Going to announce MaTreo here soon, stay close. :-)
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Anxiously waiting for the patch...
    Kurien
    Aside from phone hang-up issues, I too am interested in knowing if there is any simple way to delete chars to the right of the cursor, as with the del key on my keyboard (as opposed to the backspace key).
    Has anyone been able to find the "older" version of Ringo ... my headset won't hang-up.
    MaTreo v1.0 is out, going to announce on separate thread. :-)
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro