-Pico Projector inbuilt
    -12 MPX autofocus schenider with dual xenon flash
    -1080p native video recording
    -Full Carbon Fibre Body
    -Ultra Hard Scratch Resistant Glass Screen
    -Superior build quality
    -Noise cancelling mic/earpiece with HD CrystalTalk Clarity
    -DVB HD inbuilt TV Tuner

Powered by a 4000 mAh Battery(Using nano 'lithium' technology) with a full solar panel back and 87% Solar conversion efficiency (a world first!)
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Wow, I like that, Shadow!! But can I add GSM 850/900/1800/1900/WCDMA 850/1900/2100 for world roaming capability. Oh and under $100 new customer pricing.

Sounds like a winner to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Palm Treo Pro Codenamed Palm C40;

Debut's with Palm webOS 2.0

-4G WiMAX Radio
    -4" 480 x 854 AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen
    -Qualcomm Dual Core 1.5GHZ Snapdragon
    -nvidia Tegra 2 Chipset
    -64GB Ultra Fast Flash Memory
    -1GB internal Ram/Rom
    -Micro USB 3.0
    -Full Portrait QWERTY
    -1080p HDMI out
    -Dual HD Dollby MicroSpeakers
    -Pico Projector inbuilt
    -12 MPX autofocus schenider with dual xenon flash
    -1080p native video recording
    -Full Carbon Fibre Body
    -Ultra Hard Scratch Resistant Glass Screen
    -Superior build quality
    -Noise cancelling mic/earpiece with HD CrystalTalk Clarity
    -DVB HD inbuilt TV Tuner

Powered by a 4000 mAh Battery(Using nano 'lithium' technology) with a full solar panel back and 87% Solar conversion efficiency (a world first!)

Is this real, or is it just what you would like to see? Either way, those spec's are amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Is this real, or is it just what you would like to see? Either way, those spec's are amazing!
    lol definitely a dream device
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Cool but why existing WiMax and not LTE? Have you seen the comparison? It's quite a significant gain over WiMax. And then some. If yer gonna go all out, go
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    What significant gain have you seen with LTE over WiMAX in real world scenarios?
    guess you forgot to figure price and coverage into the mix. What good is an LTE radio when it's still not released yet. Verizon's talking game, but it's all talk. Sprint will have a coverage advantage and most likely a price advantage as well.
    With what the market wants. Bricks. Get HTC to build a brick like Iphone or Nexus. Do a slider and a touch screen only. Also, a bigger treo/bberry style, like the TreoPro. That would be five models including the Pre/Pixi. Putting the Pre Plus hardware (with the newer A9) into a brick shouldn't be that hard.
    O.K. bigger better faster stronger alway's.But then it just becomes a cost war,and the next phone company takes one more step that way.
    It makes you king for a couple month's and that's it.
    Here is a function i haven't seen yet,and i think would be ultra cool.
    Have a camera lens on the back side of the phone just like it is now,and then put another one on the front side of the phone so a camera can see you,(maybe have a single lens that can flip sides) and you can see your screen at the same time so you can have video phone.
    You will see who your talking to on your screen,and they will see you on their screen.
    The Jetsons phone.
    It would be huge,and everybody else would have to play catchup to palm.
    I already want one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawvega View Post
    Wow, I like that, Shadow!! But can I add GSM 850/900/1800/1900/WCDMA 850/1900/2100 for world roaming capability. Oh and under $100 new customer pricing.

Sounds like a winner to me!
    They should've done this with the current GSM Pre. Don't know what the hell they are thinking putting out that 900/2100 version when 900 was only recently talked about to be reused for UMTS.

Note: By recently I mean 2007, but if a study was only done then(http://www.gsmworld.com/documents/um...ull_report.pdf), how would there be networks that use it within 3 years?? By the time the networks are fully deployed the Pre should be phased out already!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I just hope the cutaway 4g pic on the home page isn't a a picture of the real upcoming phone. What is Palm's fascination with giant space wasting bezels? I just don't get it. I look at my Treo pro and Pixi and note all the wasted space between the two of them. Makes zero sense.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullsnort10 View Post
    O.K. bigger better faster stronger alway's.But then it just becomes a cost war,and the next phone company takes one more step that way.
    It makes you king for a couple month's and that's it.
    Here is a function i haven't seen yet,and i think would be ultra cool.
    Have a camera lens on the back side of the phone just like it is now,and then put another one on the front side of the phone so a camera can see you,(maybe have a single lens that can flip sides) and you can see your screen at the same time so you can have video phone.
    You will see who your talking to on your screen,and they will see you on their screen.
    The Jetsons phone.
    It would be huge,and everybody else would have to play catchup to palm.
    I already want one.
    That's already been done lot's of times! (Unless im mistaking as to what you mean)

It's called video calling and it's been round for a few years

And thanks everyone for the suggestions for adding to my "dream phone", and yes, that's all it is, unfortunately, well, for the meantime anyway -.-
    Just throwing more ideas around... anyone remember this?

Pen Computing Magazine: The Compact TC1000 Tablet PC (2003)

I wonder if something like this with webOS would work. But make it smaller so it's more portable, say like a 7" or 8" screen instead of 10.4.

I like it because it's configurable, you can use it as a slate OR traditional laptop format so you get a proper keyboard.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by rawvega View Post
    What significant gain have you seen with LTE over WiMAX in real world scenarios?
    Ahh but this isn't a "real world" thread. LTE is in its infancy so RW isn't really possible, and yes, all those speculations may be inflated.

Regardless, not to worry; it's a "dream device" thread (see title). There will be something much different after both someday anyhow
    Make programs open as fast as they did on Palm OS.

Keep the Pixi's candy bar design with the exposed keypad. And I agree with crogs571 that the phone should be widened and the keys spaced farther apart.

Offer a "Palm Desktop" cloud program. Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook just don't compare to the Palm Desktop Calendar, and the memos are very handy. At the very least, bring back Palm Desktop.

Get back to one-hand operation through a combination of touch screen and flat buttons that are flush with the phone. I can't get used to the sliding and swiping needed on Palm's Pre and Pixi. I want to be able to open apps and operate the phone with one hand.

Bring back programmable favorites buttons and speed dial. I use them constantly on my Centro and find that they are a much faster way to open my favorite applications and websites as opposed to spelling them out on my husband's Pre using the universal search feature. (I think universal search is incredibly valuable but cannot replace the programmable favorites buttons.)

Optimize it to be a great e-reader as well. (We need the Amazon Kindle app.)

Offer colors like those that were offered with the Centro (like Electric blue).

Keep universal search, the fantastic Pre camera, and GPS.
    Last edited by mom2two; 03/12/2010 at 02:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    -Qualcomm Dual Core 1.5GHZ Snapdragon
    -nvidia Tegra 2 Chipset
    These two are mutually exclusive. The Tegra 2 'chipset' is a system-on-a-chip that includes a NVidia GPU and a Cortex A9 CPU. The A9 CPU is a dual-core version of the Cortex A8 currently in the Pre, basically.

The Qualcomm Snapdragon is its own system on a chip, that uses their own graphics solution, and a CPU that is based on the reference design (slightly modified) of the Cortex A8. So a dual-core Snapdragon should be roughly equivalent to the Cortex A9.

In other words, the dual-core Snapdragon's CPU should be pretty similar to that of the Tegra 2, assuming similar clock speeds. And it would be completely impossible to have both the Snapdragon and Tegra 2 included.

...Just to get slightly technical in the dream device thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Cool but why existing WiMax and not LTE? Have you seen the comparison? It's quite a significant gain over WiMax. And then some. If yer gonna go all out, go
    (Theoretical) and (Real-World) are two different things. AT&T claims their 3G network has faster speeds, but those are all based on the Theoretical speeds. Their Real-World speeds are not all that fast. Theoretical Speeds are based on the perfect set of factors (Line-Of-Sight, Minimal Users On The Tower, Ect).

In the Real-World, WiMax can be pushed to speeds where you couldn't even tell the differences in speed between WiMax and LTE. Not to mention WiMax is already built, with Vendors already supplying phones. LTE is just barely starting to be tested in the US.

Companies are already working on making these Standards work together. In a better and easier way then using the Dual-Mode CDMA/GSM devices that we have now. So really any of the 4G Standards will do, but since Sprint already has a large WiMax network; then it just makes since to use that instead of building LTE from scratch.
    I want an HTC HD2 with WebOS on it. The HTC Supersonic is supposed to be the HD2 with Android. That would do quite nicely but I MUCH prefer to use WebOS!!!!!!

I wouldn't object to a landscape keyboard. The only landscape keyboard I have liked is the one on the Sansung Moment.
    Horizontal slider like the Touch Pro. (but i'd take a slate with a virtual keyboard)
    Touch Pro or Blackberry feel on the keyboard
    flash good enough to take pictures in a dark room.
    Zoom and autofocus on the camera
    Best processor available.
    A touchscreen that actually registers my finger presses.
    wifi data transfer to computer
    2 days of battery life on regular use with GPS off.
    much better calender and gmail app
    outlook sync
    Works with a charging dock
    Music player that tops an iphone player in features and ease of use. (very important to me)
    80 GBs storage (It's my dream to replace my ipod). I'd take 60 though. no less then 32
    Good autocorrection, with editable dictionary.
    Contact pictures that don't distort and don't get ruined by google.
    Black
    Supremely customizable: custom ringtones, text tones, notification tones etc.
    Call blocking.
    On Sprint or T-mobile (i've no interest in paying through the nose for cell phone service and i live in the city so they both have good reception for me)
    Under $200.
    Since i'm dreaming a 1 year contract.
    Significantly better apps in the app store.
    My killer phone? this thing with a keyboard and WebOS:

HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget

Too bad this looks to be out first. Too bad for Palm.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast