Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Must keep the Pre form factor and vertical keyboard. If the next gen Pre (if there will be one) departs and goes either the way of the candy-bar (Pixi) or horiz. keyboard (Droid) then I'll just keep the Pre until kingdom come - mmmmmm, okay...Maybe just until something else comes along that I like.

Of course all the other common sense upgrade stuff everyone else has beaten to death.

Doesn't need to be any thinner or lighter. I do want to be able to know the thing is in my hand when I carry it. I love that "large pebble" feel it's got right now.
    yeah, but you have the gold medal for hockey....

shame you can't at least play with a Pixi up there. You'd love the clicky keyboard, raised keys, nice travel, and firm click. With a slightly wider phone they could improve key spacing a touch and possibly slightly increase the overall key size, but that's not necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    We don't have the Pixi in Canada...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I would just like one with 1,000 Terabytes of Flash-Drive space, a 500Ghz Processor, a Month of Talk-Time, Built-In NES, SNES, Sega & Atari Emulator, access to 4G, a WebOS phone that restarts in 1 Second and I would like to have the phone stop resetting each web page I'm viewing; for whatever stupid reason Palm put this stupid feature into effect (I Know There Is A Patch That Does This, But It Doesn't Work For Me).

That type of phone would make me happy. I don't know why Palm didn't give Sprint the WebOS phones with more memory in the first place. Verizon getting the Pre & Pixi Plus; makes it seem like our phones are just standard. Why does Palm always dis Sprint in favor of Verizon? Pretty much every Palm phone that has come out; Sprint has been the company who doesn't get the upper-hand.
    How about this for a new Palm phone? My though is a straight candybar, with a 3.7-4.2 inch amoled screen, a 1 ghz or higher snapdraggon, uses the same battery as the pre, only TWO of em ( to keep it thin), 1 meg of ram, 16 gig of flash, and an sd slot. The next trick, is that some people want a bar, some want a verticle slider, and some want a horizontal slider. How about an optional keyboard that replaces the battery door, only adds maybe 2-3 mm of thickness, and you get your choice of vertical, or horizontal!
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    yeah, but you have the gold medal for hockey....

shame you can't at least play with a Pixi up there. You'd love the clicky keyboard, raised keys, nice travel, and firm click. With a slightly wider phone they could improve key spacing a touch and possibly slightly increase the overall key size, but that's not necessary.
    Hey blame B(h)ell. They're too busy pushing that POS Omnia II for Olympics. Furious that they got the exclusivity but are doing nothing to push the phone other than trying to lock people into contracts. (On the other hand I think Samsung pays them well, so many of their phones are Samsungs...)

But I'm in the States next week I'll definitely stop by a Verizon store and check out the Pixi Plus. And perhaps educate the reps a little bit...

Although I personally still prefer the Pre. I just have something for sliders... If BlackBerry comes through with the slider Magnum I might jump ship. So Palm, don't force me to. Get off your bum and release the GSM Pre Plus. My money is waiting.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    seeing the slider design they settled on, it reminds me too much of the Samsung winmob sliders that were more of a failure than a success. Don't think those full size screens work well as a slider. Makes the phone way too long when open, but that's just my opinion. Plus, is it that wretched click screen? And, is it the same rehash OS that's in the Storm2 or is it something innovative? I'd take the Pluto with OS5 that would allow easy text selection, navigation and pinpoint selection and maybe easy scrolling. Knowing BB's history I'd worry about the implementation of touch into the OS with either phone.

And Samsung has deep pockets unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    4 inches with very little side bezel.
    glass and metal unibody design.
    dedicated camera key (programmable to other function)
    compass
    bar code able camera
    dual battery hot swappable (I know palm has a lot of those crappy batteries left lol)

1ghz 512mb 16GB+SD

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Some good ideas are floating around out there. I especially like the idea of keeping the current form factor, just stretching it ever so slightly, then expanding the screen as close to the edges as possible. Save just enough bezel up top for the speaker and a front-facing cam, and at the bottom the gesture area and mic. Since it's been stretched, the keyboard could be Treo-esque, and by that I mean bigger. Keep it clicky like the Pixi (maybe not
    as loud tho!). Give it a Pixel iq touchscreen, a screaming processor and make it solid as a rock. It needs to have killer battery life. It needs a great camera with great optics. HD video with robust on-board editing. TV-out/HDMI. Needs lots more memory, and it needs a card slot, too. I want IR back, too, to use it as a universal remote. Touch stone should be standard equipment. Take the polish and sex appeal to a new level..oh yeah, and webOS 2.0...
    I know this is a "dream" thread, but let's have a realistic moment here. How much will this dream device cost for Palm to build?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Current Pre with better build quality, faster everything, more storage (like 32GB) and autofocus. Some more OS tweaks and apps wouldn't hurt either.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I know this is a "dream" thread, but let's have a realistic moment here. How much will this dream device cost for Palm to build?
    The question is how much will it cost Palm not to build it. And I would guess somewhere around the cost of the company.

WebOS is awesome and that is widely known. The hardware is fragile and a bit outdated, which is also widely known. Fix it or disappear.
    I say slap 4G in the Pre 2 and Sprint and Palm can claim bragging rights over Apple and AT&T for at least a year.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    actually, for the one I mentioned, pricing should be in line with any other phone out there (nexus 1, droid, iphone, omnia II, Nokia n900 and so on). Not everyone is asking for the moon and the stars.
    laser tabletop projection keyboard. Rotating slider side/bottom hardware kb
    Micro Bloom Power cell system 10 day battery.
    500GB internal SSD
    8GB internal RAM
    dual Quad Core 3GHz processors
    Pressure sensitive (it's coming!) multitouch oled fold out touch screen.
    I think there is room to get a bit more screen in the existing package, which means:
    do NOT make it any larger...thank goodness we have something small enough! Pull the screen out a bit and further up and down, edge to edge, under the gesture area, past where the LED is.
    built in HD projector with 3D capability
    Gesture area merges with screen if needed.
    No slot for external memory (still). I am glad they are finally done with that @)(#* SD slot.
    Micro USB (or whatever port), with a cover that won't break off after 10 uses!
    Ability for microphone to have recognition of voices, tones, etc for tuners, voice activation, etc.
    Front Camera (behind screen).
    Neural Interface (wireless of course) no more talking!
    Ability to actually *lower* the brightness and volume to bearable non-deafening levels. (lol)

Look, you said dream machine, right? There you go
    I really like the dual-slider design of the Samsung Exclaim. Slide down for alphanumeric keyboard for phone use, slide sideways for a qwerty keyboard.

For a webOS device, would suggest the accelerometer determine portrait/landscape when both sliders are closed, vertical slider should lock it in portrait, sideways slider lock it in landscape.

Would give it a slightly larger screen than the Pre, slightly smaller than the iPhone.

Oh, I would want 16 gig of storage AND a micro-SD card slot.

And some kind of cursor-control keys (something like the Palm 5-way navigator) would really be nice.

That's a start, I'm sure I could figure out lots more to add.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Side folding clam shell based on this revision of the snapdragon chipset
    Snapdragon™, Qualcomm Snapdragon™, QCT Snapdragon™ - QCTConnect.com
    with 1440x900 oled screen inside, simple monochrome e-ink screen outside for displaying time, alerts, weather, etc. would magically have support for 4G, GSM, and wireless USB. Have a stylus, high quality sound, a comfy d-pad for gaming, and compass. Would be built of an exotic, indestructible plastic like PAI. ( High Strength Plastic - Torlon ) While I'm really dreaming, how about a lighter, bottle opener, and utility knife. :-)
    Maybe Sprint is going to offer a WiMax 4G WebOS device. From some of the articles I have been reading; it looks like Palm is working on more hardware devices to support the WebOS. So they might make a custom WebOS device for 4G. If Palm wants to lead, then they have to lead. Just trying to keep up with Apple isn't going to be enough. When the iPhone came out, it lead not because it was different; the iPhone just took all the standard PDA functions and made them work better together. I honestly feel that the WebS is much better then the iphoneOS; so Palm can become a bigger player then Apple. But they have to be willing to take big ricks in offering technology that people don't even know they want yet. So Palm should be looking at sites like this and paying close attention to what we all want. My dream WebOS device is 20 years too soon, but it should be the type of goal Palm has.

That's just my feeling.
    I call it the Pre Pad
    Pre Pad.png

lqtm jk
    Big screen, faster processor,memory slot and the largest battery on the market. Quality materials.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskooler81 View Post
    I call it the Pre Pad
    Pre Pad.png

lqtm jk
    Sorry, that's not a pad. It does phone calls.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast