1.    #1  
    my friend at work said that the people at verizon were talking him out of buying a pre, instead they said go with the droid, and he was actually thinkin about getting a Pre, until they somehow talked him out of it.....what gives here isnt verizon supposed to support the Pre and try to sell it.
    my best guesses are that A. verizon csr's dont know anything about webos B. are told to sell as many droids as possible or C. a bit of both
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    my best guesses are that A. verizon csr's dont know anything about webos B. are told to sell as many droids as possible or C. a bit of both

sounds logical, i guess that verizon needs to smartin up some of the employees maybe, its ok though i can understand not being able to handle the power of the PRE
  4.    #4  
    im glad they didnt get the update yet, thats there punishment
    it doesnt help palm to not update verizon pre's because thats just one more reason not to buy one if you arent always going to be up to date
    The same thing happen to me last week,i went into a vz store and told them i wanted a palm pre and they try to convince me to go android. Woh! guess they really don't like palm. I just walk out...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    VZW invested in the Droid (marketing, training, and exclusive deal). They are trying to recoup the cost. It's sad but true. And while we might like the device, the Pre is no iPhone killer. VZW, hell every carrier other than AT&T, wants an iPhone killer. I think the Pre has the best and most innovative OS for a phone, but the design, build quality, and features just don't match the iPhone or even the Droid. VZW's simply not going to push it like they do the Droid. I mean, VZW + the Droid single-handedly made Android relevant, something not even Google could do. webOS, as innovative as it might be, is matched with inferior hardware and commands more of a cult following rather than a commercial success. It might actually be too unique for its own good. All that being said, VZW is a for profit business and the Droid is their golden ticket.
    Verizon doesn't train their staff properly. As simple as that :/

When I went to buy my phone, the verizon rep pushed the Droid on me and only gave up after I persisted that I wanted a phone with WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walis View Post
    , the Pre is no iPhone killer.
    There are plenty on here that have chosen a Pre over the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I dont know about Verizon...but the Pre is Sprints highest exchanged phone at the moment as far as service and repair goes...

Why would a sales rep push a phone that has such a problematic history? Regardless of how wonderful the OS is.

Once Palm releases a much more stable phone with WebOS...I forsee the platform expanding...but the Pre isnt the most reliable device unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    I dont know about Verizon...but the Pre is Sprints highest exchanged phone at the moment as far as service and repair goes...

Why would a sales rep push a phone that has such a problematic history? Regardless of how wonderful the OS is.

Once Palm releases a much more stable phone with WebOS...I forsee the platform expanding...but the Pre isnt the most reliable device unfortunately.
    part of the reason the pre is sprint's most exchanged phone is that palm doesn't want sprint to try and repair the device. So if you go in with a problem, it almost automatically gets exchanged...the other part is that it is one of sprint's bestselling phones despite the lack of advertising and hardware "problems"
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    This is a known Verizon issue.

People on this forum have all been talking about how they've been directed away from the Pre Plus.
    Some people who work for Verizon even go as far as to say that the Palm Pre Plus is not a smartphone. Those who say it is say it's like Windows Mobile. Then they gear the person toward the Droid.

It's probably cause they get more commission off Droid sales, unfortunately.