Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went on a little adventure today. I visited two Verizon stores in Northeast Ohio to check Palm's pulse. What I found really made me, well, angry. At each store, I told the CSR that I had a Blackberry Curve from work, but my wife wanted a smartphone for her birthday.

Store #1 was really a mall Kiosk that had live phone models. I actually told the CSR my wife liked the Pre and asked for her opinion. The CSR's response: It's OK, but she wouldn't recommend it. She then proceeded to show me a Droid. She showed me an App on the Droid that allowed her to store her grocery store rewards card bar code on the phone. She said it would help her become a "super mom." I asked if the Pre could do something similar? Answer: No the Palm phones barely have any Apps and the Apps they have couldn't do stuff like the Droid. (WOG Card Keeper).

Store #2 - This time I just played dum, but gave the same story that my wife wanted a smartphone. Jessica (the CSR) showed me where the smartphones were located. No Palm in sight. I asked if this was all the smartphones? Answer: Yes. I asked her about the Palm phones? (the Pixi & Pre were by themselves where no one could really even see them). Her response: They are kind-of like smartphones but not like the Droids and Blackberry. She asked if my wife liked Facebook and she showed me Facebook on a BB Tour. I asked if the Palm phones had any access to Facebook? Answer: No. They are windows based. They are only for spread sheets and stuff like that.

What the hell VZW!
    awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    I went on a little adventure today. I visited two Verizon stores in Northeast Ohio to check Palm's pulse. What I found really made me, well, angry. At each store, I told the CSR that I had a Blackberry Curve from work, but my wife wanted a smartphone for her birthday.

Store #1 was really a mall Kiosk that had live phone models. I actually told the CSR my wife liked the Pre and asked for her opinion. The CSR's response: It's OK, but she wouldn't recommend it. She then proceeded to show me a Droid. She showed me an App on the Droid that allowed her to store her grocery store rewards card bar code on the phone. She said it would help her become a "super mom." I asked if the Pre could do something similar? Answer: No the Palm phones barely have any Apps and the Apps they have couldn't do stuff like the Droid. (WOG Card Keeper).

Store #2 - This time I just played dum, but gave the same story that my wife wanted a smartphone. Jessica (the CSR) showed me where the smartphones were located. No Palm in sight. I asked if this was all the smartphones? Answer: Yes. I asked her about the Palm phones? (the Pixi & Pre were by themselves where no one could really even see them). Her response: They are kind-of like smartphones but not like the Droids and Blackberry. She asked if my wife liked Facebook and she showed me Facebook on a BB Tour. I asked if the Palm phones had any access to Facebook? Answer: No. They are windows based. They are only for spread sheets and stuff like that.

What the hell VZW!
    Same thing happens to just about everyone who goes to vzw....
    I was also told that Palm devices were WinMo and "terrible"
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    nice, and VZ gets the pre plus .. what a waste
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Where at in North East Ohio? I'm in Olmsted Falls and visit the Sprint store on Lorain.. when I had VZW, I want to the one further down Lorain Rd. That was a few years ago so I can't really speak of their service today but I get what you're saying.

I witnessed the same thing at the North Olmsted Sprint store..
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Where at in North East Ohio? I'm in Olmsted Falls and visit the Sprint store on Lorain.. when I had VZW, I want to the one further down Lorain Rd. That was a few years ago so I can't really speak of their service today but I get what you're saying.

I witnessed the same thing at the North Olmsted Sprint store..
    Canton, Ohio
    I would actually email palm that this was the case when you went to those stores. Id also give the locations that way palm can look into it. That is unacceptable. Those associates are not helping their customers choose proper phones because of their lack of knowledge.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misasi View Post
    I would actually email palm that this was the case when you went to those stores. Id also give the locations that way palm can look into it. That is unacceptable. Those associates are not helping their customers choose proper phones because of their lack of knowledge.
    I see. Not too far.

Definitely let Palm know. They're in the process of training store reps and what not. Perhaps they never made it to your stores.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Wow...that is complete bullsh*t. Palm needs to put some major pressure on Verizon and their CSRs. I've never had Sprint workers push me like that. Palm has a lot of work to do and they shouldn't be shy about it.
    Its probably because they receive some kind of commission from RIM or Droid makers, if they sell a phone of theirs... I wonder if palm offers that to employees?
    In the States isn't so bad, try Canada. I walked into a Bell store the other day, reps don't even want to talk to me when I said I'm interested in the Pre. Been to 3 different stores, two in downtown and one uptown Toronto, all the same situation.

They are pushing the stupid Omnia II and iPhones, the Pres just get shoved into corners.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I was in the Glendale Gallera in Glendale, CA - went up to the Verizon cart and asked if they had the Pre Plus available - I was told: "We can get them mail order for you, but we are not going to stock them." They then suggested that I look at a Droid. It went down hill from there ...
    Quote Originally Posted by misasi View Post
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    I was in the Glendale Gallera in Glendale, CA - went up to the Verizon cart and asked if they had the Pre Plus available - I was told: "We can get them mail order for you, but we are not going to stock them." They then suggested that I look at a Droid. It went down hill from there ...
    I would recommend the same with this report. Palm definitely needs to hear this feedback.

Thanks for sharing.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    That just maddens me! I am glad to be a Sprint customer, but its still doing everyone (especially Palm) a disservice when ignorant people are staffed at sales11
    wow - when I bought mine at Launch from Sprint the rep couldn't stop talking about it. That sweetened the deal and we bought 4 pre's

Reps can make a difference. I must say overall we are VERY happy wtih all 4 pre's. 2 were replaced after HEAVY use and multiple drops by insurance. The other 2 are working great

And now we have 3d games and a video camera. Life is good. Come 'on verizon??? What up.
    hey guys,
    Check out this thread below and if you like, put a Verizon store in it that you've popped into; the more that are collected, the stronger the message and the more likely to heard and acted upon.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...zon-store.html
    I hope Palm has some clauses in the agreement with Verizon that if something like this happens, they can break out of exclusivity and start selling themselves or with another carrier.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    The problem with this story is that it is verizon... they suck anyway
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Canteenboy View Post
    Its probably because they receive some kind of commission from RIM or Droid makers, if they sell a phone of theirs.
    They make commission from signing up customers. It doesn't really matter which device the customer buys, particularly if it's a smartphone, because they all (no matter who manufactures them) have to get a data plans. It's not like the data plan for the Droid or Blackberry costs more than the data plan for the Pre; they are literally the exact same price. Simply put, VZW poured buckets of money into the marketing of the Droid and training their employees on it. They had to; it was their answer to the iPhone and a way to hopefully bandage or heal the wounds the iPhone is inflicting on them. As such, they have to recoup the cost or rather their investment on the marketing of the Droid. It could also be that this (e.g., the Droid) is the phone they put their stock in and they want to make sure it's the one people buy. It's the unfortunate by-product of exclusive deals. I don't like their strategy either, but imagine spending all that money marketing a phone + training their employees on it just to have people buy something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by onionion View Post
    Wow...that is complete bullsh*t. Palm needs to put some major pressure on Verizon and their CSRs. I've never had Sprint workers push me like that. Palm has a lot of work to do and they shouldn't be shy about it.
    Completely agree.....too bad Palm has no leverage in their relationship. Think about it.....1) Soft launch on the Jan. 25th...Verizon, 2) No add support for the launch, i.e. no superbowl add....Verizon, 3) the Mom campaign add...Verizon, 4) hardly any in-store training of employees....Verizon. Verizon is calling all of the shots and so far they have really screwed over Palm and its customers. To make matters worse, they get the Nexus One in less than a month. It'll be interesting to see how they promote that phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast