1.    #1  
    It seems that 90% of the time I switch from my Treo 180g's default calculator to some other application it leads to a crash which forces a hard reset. That's not a big deal for me since I prefer powerOne Calculator and have it installed on my Treo anyway. The real problem, annoyance really, is that my Treo insists upon attaching its default calculator to the calculator silkscreen button after every crash or soft reset.

Is there some hack that will for the calculator button to stick to my chosen calculator application?

For that matter, have other people had a similar experience with the Treo's default calculator?
    Have you tried using the treo "advanced" calculators rather than the default ? I think this eliminates a 3rd party crash. I love these built in advanced calculators, especially the financial calculator that even runs amortization schedules.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by george_vc
    Have you tried using the treo "advanced" calculators rather than the default ? I think this eliminates a 3rd party crash. I love these built in advanced calculators, especially the financial calculator that even runs amortization schedules.
    No. When I say "default" I just mean the calculator that ships with the Treo and has shipped with every Handspring PDA since the original Visor whether it is in the Basic or Advanced mode. And yes, the advanced calculator causes the crash too.