Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. ttcoupe's Avatar
    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
       #1  
    Palm, how could you be successful if potential customers around the world can not buy your products?

    Stop concentrating on US. American customers already can buy webOS products, give everyone around the world that possibility.

    Your next product launch must be unlocked GSM.

    Also, give me the chance to give you this kind of feedback through your website.
  2. #2  
    I'll tell Palm next time I see them.
  3. ttcoupe's Avatar
    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    I'll tell Palm next time I see them.
    I would tell them myself using email, if given the chance.

    I would buy their products, if given the chance.

    I would show their products to other potential customers, if given the chance.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcoupe View Post
    Also, give me the chance to give you this kind of feedback through your website.
    Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5. #5  
    I think we should start a petition. While it may not do anything due to contractual agreements (read: the exclusivity agreements Palm has), but at least it will show Palm that there is a community that is interested in getting it unlocked and willing to pay for it, and potentially put it as a higher priority for them.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6. ttcoupe's Avatar
    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The link to that goes through "Visit our support section for technical support with a Palm product." That is not what I want to do. Just another example how badly organized their website is.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcoupe View Post
    The link to that goes through "Visit our support section for technical support with a Palm product." That is not what I want to do. Just another example how badly organized their website is.
    Strangeness....for me it goes to the Palm support forums. A place very much similar to this place.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8. ttcoupe's Avatar
    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Strangeness....for me it goes to the Palm support forums. A place very much similar to this place.
    So where is the page or section where I can give this kind of feedback directly to palm? Nowhere or on the support forums? And the international versions of their site are even worse.
  9. #9  
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

    Sorry...I thought you were looking for a similar avenue to P|C.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  10. ttcoupe's Avatar
    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

    Sorry...I thought you were looking for a similar avenue to P|C.
    Ok, thanks. That is what I wanted.

    So "Legal notices" -> "Outside submissions". No wonder I could not find it.
  11. #11  
    ^^You're right...location is daft. Took me a while to find it the first time.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  12. ttcoupe's Avatar
    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    ^^You're right...location is daft. Took me a while to find it the first time.
    They do have a section titled "Contact Palm" where you go through "Contact us" -link. That would be the correct place for "Feedback & Feature Requests" also.

Posting Permissions