1.    #1  
    I'm thinking about throwing together some logo designs for t-shirts, mugs, whatever... for Pre/Pixi lovers to snag on the net. Anyone have any idea if Palm would disapprove of this (ie: using a pic of a Pre, or the term WebOS)?

I know you can grab stuff referencing the iPhone all over the place, but wasn't sure if you can do this or not without Palm's approval.

I just thought it would be fun to have some stuff available - perhaps ideas suggested by members here.

Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    not sure if they would approve, but I would wear or display it. Plus, any other way to promote this the phone and company is a positive
  3. pfd
    I like the idea,

saw this on the web...

I Love My Keychains from Zazzle.com
  4.    #4  
    Yup like that, but less generic or touristy. I'd love some brainstorming on the site for some cool ideas for stuff... not just the I-heart-fill in the blank stuff.
    I always see a dang apple logo on peoples cars, so I was thinking of making a sticker decal for the backwindow of cars. Something that just says WebOS in the simple, yet attractive palm font.

It would be just the text only, no background on the sticker, so as to let the darkness of the window be for contrast. I personally would just put "webos" but it would be better advertizing to add "palm" to it as well.

http://www.softsailor.com/wp-content...0/01/webOS.jpg

i dont know the laws of copyright or anything, but the logo in the link i posted above is trade marked [TM]. I was under the impression that as long as you include that symbol, its ok, but im probably wrong.
    Last edited by GarrettQ; 02/25/2010 at 09:30 PM.
    I would buy one
    Haha sometimes people ask if I work for Palm because all I do is promote the Pre lol
    I call it educating the ignorant.
    same here tell them I am just a fan of strong management and turnaround stories!!! Lets make the shirt happen and make it every 3 day of the month except for JUNe the 6th to sport that shirt!!!!
    Most definitely you will need to get approval from Palm to use logos or images they may have trademark protection on. Just because you find a graphic on the web does not mean that you are free to use it without explicit permission to do so. Failure to comply will get you mail from the lawyers.
    i've been considering getting some decals made for a few weeks. i may end up calling or emailing palm next week to find out what it would take to get permission to use the "WebOS" logo.
    Shirt Idea:

"I bought a Palm Pre but all I got was this stinkin' T-Shirt"

***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  11.    #11  
    lol... or something like "I listened to music, surfed the web, answered email, scheduled an appointment, and sent text msg.... all at the same time, and then got this stupid t-shirt". Pre-pared for life!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    I always see a dang apple logo on peoples cars, so I was thinking of making a sticker decal for the backwindow of cars. Something that just says WebOS in the simple, yet attractive palm font.

http://www.softsailor.com/wp-content...0/01/webOS.jpg
    Put standard happy tux behind the lettering, and I'd definitely buy a few.
    : (){:|:&};:
    I think as long as you don't sell it, I'm sure it's fine. But if you make a profit on it, it's potentially trademark infringement.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I think as long as you don't sell it, I'm sure it's fine. But if you make a profit on it, it's potentially trademark infringement.
    I'm thinking that as long as I don't use the word "Pre" or "WebOS", I should be able to get away with just a picture of the phone. I'm pretty sure the 'Tux' pics are trademarked too...