Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by grate88 View Post
    I understand the anger, but you might want to reconsider the bold part until you recoup your investment.

Now that's funny....
  2.    #62  
    Production resumed February 22. News Headlines Presumably they'll be making fewer phones than they had planned back in December.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerome View Post
    Production resumed February 22. News Headlines Presumably they'll be making fewer phones than they had planned back in December.
    So, basically it was exactly has Rubenstein stated. They shut down for the Chinese holiday, and resumed operations at the end of the holiday.

How ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So, basically it was exactly has Rubenstein stated. They shut down for the Chinese holiday, and resumed operations at the end of the holiday.

How ironic.
    It is ironic considering that production resumed before they pre-announced their numbers. Even more ironic is that people on CNBC and other places were saying that Palm intentionally mislead people about the shutdown; these same people were hinting that the shutdown was b/c Palm knew their sales numbers were lower than expected. How ironic indeed. That is why you have to tune out of all of the noise.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  5.    #65  
    Of course, we know that their sales numbers were lower than expected. Therefore, we know that Palm is building fewer phones than expected. They are going to miss initial revenue projections by ~30%, and if we attribute half of that to ASP erosion and half to unit shortfall, we're looking at a 15% drop in the number of phones Palm ordered. And, as reported by CNBC, Palm knew at the time that there sales were coming in low.

Go read the original CNBC article again-- the whole point is that Palm was making a technically true statement that was nonetheless designed to deceive. Palm sales were about THIRTY PERCENT lower than projected. They halted production. And they put out a press release aimed at convincing the public that everything was going to plan-- while they knew sales were coming in 30% lower than expected.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    The question of management credibility has implications on users whether we are investors or not. They told us 1.4 was coming in February, and while Feb 27 is indeed *technically* in February, we were all hoping for earlier in the month. Pretty clearly, Palm's MO is to do the barely deliver no more than promised, but just enough so as to not be liars.

As for Flash Beta? I thought they were strongly hinting at availability right around 1.4's release, but if you parse their words, all they say is "soon." Heck that could mean July. It's sooner than August, after all.
  7.    #67  
    Worse than I feared. Let's hope this really is the low point.
    it's triple witching that's all.
    patience...
    I wonder nobody posted this one... I remember seeing it on PreCentral.

News Headlines
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm really interested to see carrier breakdown of those unsold devices, but that's impossible...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Someone should ask Palm management why they resumed manufacturing after Chinese New Year when they have, by some estimates, over a million unsold units in their channel.

Palm: Pssst. Wanna Buy 1.15 Million Smartphones? | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD
    My guess is that they were ramping up for the AT&T launch.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234