Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everyone can suggest ONE thing and one only that would have the ability to save Palm. Personally, I think there's only one:

A 4G Palm phone.

That's the only thing that by itself could singlehandedly save Palm. (And Sprint) Sprint is already 4G in almost 30 cities and they're adding San Francisco, Denver, Washington, Boston, Minneapolis, Kansas City, New York City, and Houston. If Palm had a 4G phone ready in just a few months, they'd sell out in all those cities, NO QUESTION.
    It depends on if 4g costs subscribers more, and how well the phone switches from 4g to 3g. Most of the smartphone market (including me) is not in a 4g area yet so I can see why palm has chosen to ignore it. They have bigger fish to fry.
    All they need is better build quality and keep improving the OS.
    Then ADVERTISE it.

Guess that's 3 things.
    I think Palm is ok, but a new platform does wonders for all phone manufacturers sales. A 4g Palm phone would be cool.
    That or they need HTC to build a webos phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    NOW that right there, thats a pretty good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    +1
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    lol, 4G?

I guess it will help me access all of those high end apps that we don't have all the more quickly
    lol man i can't just choose 1 thing it's more like a couple of things lol but i'm not complaining.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I think the biggest mistake that Palm made is the design of the phone. Smaller is not always better, a lot of people that would have bout a pre were turned of the mainly the crunched keyboard and secondly the screen size
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I think the biggest mistake that Palm made is the design of the phone. Smaller is not always better, a lot of people that would have bout a pre were turned of the mainly the crunched keyboard and secondly the screen size
    +1000
    IMO Palm should start licensing their OS to other phones and that would help them by themselves. More quality phones with more webOS licensed out onto them = way more money, marketing, etc.

Palm isn't apple, it's hard for a company like Palm to be able to single or even double (pixi) platform their OS.
    A 4 inch Super Amoled 4g phone.....webOS style of course. For everyone across the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by huskercubfan View Post
    IMO Palm should start licensing their OS to other phones and that would help them by themselves. More quality phones with more webOS licensed out onto them = way more money, marketing, etc.

Palm isn't apple, it's hard for a company like Palm to be able to single or even double (pixi) platform their OS.
    that would be a good idea, but i don't think they'll ever do that. palm usually does everything in house

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by huskercubfan View Post

I agree, but I also think they should put restrictions kind of like what M$ is going to do with windows 7 phones. All phones need to have minimum sys requirements and set screen size....otherwise you get Android.
    I agree. WebOS is freaking awesome!! Love the way the OS integrates with your life. However, the hardware is not that great. Palm needs to build a more solid Pre. Something that doesn't waggle or feels like a cheap plastic. The iphone and Android are very solid and feel like premium phones. Palm probably focused too much on the OS and not so much on the hardware.

Hello Pre 2 with WiMax!!!
    In Palms defense, they don't and didn't have the cash that HTC and Apple have, which is why licensing the OS would be a good idea.
    A magic lamp with a genie that pops out and grants their wish for tons of money and a pony.
    Why not do what google did? Pay HTC to make your phone. Apple pays Asus to make their Laptops. Do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    In Palms defense, they don't and didn't have the cash that HTC and Apple have, which is why licensing the OS would be a good idea.
    They also don't have the resources to support tons of different devices, they are having a hard enough time with just 2 devices, the pixi is sort of on the back burner with respect to various additions. Just imagine if they had a few more processors/gpus to have to code for, nothing would get done and consumers would be frustrated.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast