Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    That or they need HTC to build a webos phone.

+Infinity
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Why not do what google did? Pay HTC to make your phone. Apple pays Asus to make their Laptops. Do that.
    Palm and Handspring paid HTC to make most models of the Treo too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I think the biggest mistake that Palm made is the design of the phone. Smaller is not always better, a lot of people that would have bout a pre were turned of the mainly the crunched keyboard and secondly the screen size
    agreeeeeed. i have a friend who ive been trying to convince to get a pre. he got an iphone instead. bigger screen (and yes i know .4" isnt ALOT.....but still makes a difference)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Funny you say that as it is the small size of the Pre that made me buy the phone on launch day. I love the size and am tired of phones getting bigger. I don't want to try and shove a large screened phone in my pocket. The Pre is the perfect size for me.

I won't do a belt clip. I'm not a doctor or computer engineer so a belt clip is out.

Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I think the biggest mistake that Palm made is the design of the phone. Smaller is not always better, a lot of people that would have bout a pre were turned of the mainly the crunched keyboard and secondly the screen size
    I agree that Palm needs to release a new phone. I was going to say they could wait until June and do it apple style, but right, considering the 20% tumble that Palm stocks took today, I think they need to announce and show off whatever they have cooking right now.

I really hope they have a 4" screen with an ARM A9 variant under the hood. I hate to say it but it is really bottom of the 9th at this point and they really need a home run.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    They need to be bought by DELL.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    SO they can be as successful as the Dell Axim? LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I thought we wanted the build quality to go up, not down.
    I'd like to see a few more phones, rather than just two basic ones.

Especially ONE phone with the following features:

* the design of the Pixi (no slider)
    * the power of the Pre (faster than Pixi)
    * overall size about 1cm smaller than Pre when expanded

Basically like a larger Pixi with the power of the Pre.

But they REALLY need to come out with more phones if they want to stay competitive...
    Last edited by Gilligan3816; 02/26/2010 at 10:51 PM.
    I loved my Dell Axim x51v!

I agree Dell quality sucks lately. But I don't think HP would be interested in Palm and can't think of any other potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    SO they can be as successful as the Dell Axim? LOL.
    I'd rather have HTC build quality with WebOS. However that is done works for me. Terrible marketing and poor build quality are the two things that hurt the most. The OS is better than any I've yet sampled (RIM, Iphone, Android) but the build quality really hurts the word-of-mouth advertising.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I was going to have Nokia build WebOS phones, but I guess that ship has sailed.

As a WebOS lover, it's hard not to be worried about the future of my favorite piece of tech. I'm holding back researching Android for my next phone (if WebOS is no longer available). :-(
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Much faster webOS 2.0 (redone native apps - not done with htmls/JavaScript/css) with a horizontal slide-out keyboard with an iPhone size screen.
    Palm stock down to 6.53 (-19.28%). Starting to look like an attractive take over target.
    When I first saw the Palm Pre it was in a commercial on hulu. My first impression was: Wow thats a really stupid looking phone. I didn't really understand it. The commercial made no sense to me at all. After all W.T.F. is up with a crazy blond chick and a field of flowers?

After I actually started LOOKING into phones I saw how awesome the Palm Pre was and how it could do multi-tasking and other AMAZING things I had never seen a phone do before.

In all honest Palm needs to step up the advertising. They did such a lousy job at it and they are paying for it now.

Edit: In fact you guys here at precentral were better at advertising the phone and I realized it was the phone for me by looking at the reviews and posts here.

-Toaster
    I think webOS needs outside help, in the form of a massive FAIL by Apple... say, data loss, privacy breach, or some sort of scandal that drives people away from the iPhone. Sorry to say it, but I'm not sure Palm can salvage this thing on its own.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

17.    #37  
    I disagree. Everyone forgets that before Steve Jobs came back to Apple, they were near death. In fact a lot of "experts" were certain they would fail in less than 5 years. Of course Jobs was an evil genius and turned it all around. It IS possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I disagree. Everyone forgets that before Steve Jobs came back to Apple, they were near death. In fact a lot of "experts" were certain they would fail in less than 5 years. Of course Jobs was an evil genius and turned it all around. It IS possible.
    You know what saved Apple? Incredible hardware that changed the game (the iPod). Palm needs game changing hardware, and they need it soon.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    You know what saved Apple? Incredible hardware that changed the game (the iPod). Palm needs game changing hardware, and they need it soon.
    The hardware comment is true, but it was the iMac that put Apple back on the road to profitability. The iPod came along 3 years later and accelerated the iMac's profits even more.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I want a ipad-like tablet with a large pixel qi touchscreen and webos.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast