Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You know what, I've been using a Palm Treo since the day I first laid eyes on a 300, and have had every PalmOS phone since.

I've had my Pre since day one, and it rocks. Yes, I've exchanged it twice due to hardware, but that's never been a hard process, and my current one is doing great.

I've played more games on my pre than any other phone or handheld device since the Gameboy. I've built my own apps(still working on it), and played around with hundreds of cool applications in the catalog. I've been blown away by the homebrew community.

I'm staring at my Palm Pre screen more than any other device I've ever had, and its been a fantastic experience.

Who cares what a few investors say. Lord knows, how did they do in the crash of 2000 or our most recent economic debacle in US? What do they know. No matter what they pander on about, my Pre is still in my hands, and tomorrow I'll still be playing Mike Tyson's Punchout! on my NES emulator.

The Pre is an awesome experience, and I didn't have to give one dime to Steve Jobs (yes, I am still ****ed for his constant bashing of Microsoft) or did I have to surrender one ounce of personal data to Google (I'll never EVER use their OS when all they do is track you and mine data).

So rejoice fellow Pre users, because today is great, and tomorrow will be something else.
    here here, webos is here to stay.
    Palm prē-ist.
    I certainly hope so, but Palm needs a win and needs one soon.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Yes, we all just need to have faith in Palm. This is my first Palm phone and I'm extremely happy with it.
    I could care less about palm. But as long as i sprint keeps my service and this phone running is all i ask. It doesn't matter about stocks and which smart phone company is number one to me. The stock could worth .56 for all i care as long as they can keep this phone running.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Well put Vincenzo....aside from homebrew my feelings exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    You know what, I've been using a Palm Treo since the day I first laid eyes on a 300, and have had every PalmOS phone since.

I've had my Pre since day one, and it rocks. Yes, I've exchanged it twice due to hardware, but that's never been a hard process, and my current one is doing great.

I've played more games on my pre than any other phone or handheld device since the Gameboy. I've built my own apps(still working on it), and played around with hundreds of cool applications in the catalog. I've been blown away by the homebrew community.

I'm staring at my Palm Pre screen more than any other device I've ever had, and its been a fantastic experience.

Who cares what a few investors say. Lord knows, how did they do in the crash of 2000 or our most recent economic debacle in US? What do they know. No matter what they pander on about, my Pre is still in my hands, and tomorrow I'll still be playing Mike Tyson's Punchout! on my NES emulator.

The Pre is an awesome experience, and I didn't have to give one dime to Steve Jobs (yes, I am still ****ed for his constant bashing of Microsoft) or did I have to surrender one ounce of personal data to Google (I'll never EVER use their OS when all they do is track you and mine data).

So rejoice fellow Pre users, because today is great, and tomorrow will be something else.
    Those are some strong words brothers, some damn strong words!
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    You are aware that Palm didn't have anything to do with the Treo 300 aren't you? The first "Palm" Treo was the 600. What did you think of the Kyocera 7135?
    my thoughts exactly !!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I wwnt from a Handspring to a treo 600 to a Centro to this pre....and it is always in my 'palm', so to speak...if it hasn't always had the features of my treo and centro the operating system itself at 1.2 still blew the others away...keep trucking, Palm!
    maybe if they released 1.4 update sooner, their stock might go back up:P
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You are aware that Palm didn't have anything to do with the Treo 300 aren't you? The first "Palm" Treo was the 600. What did you think of the Kyocera 7135?
    By gosh you are right! it was handspring wasn' it. the point remains though. i have kept with the palm os family (at least in operating system!) and have always been pretty happy.
    Palm's been a good short. Nothing like a good scary article in the WSJ to drive it down. I might actually play around get some Palm stock to sell before palm's conference call in March. Rebuy in April, sell again after AT&T launch.
    For palm, at the very worst I see them being bought out. I don't see WebOS as going away. The platform is too strong and awesome to go unused.
    HI ALL, I JUST FOUND THIS ON THE NEW YORK TIMES SITE...TAKE CARE, JAY

Palm Cuts Revenue View on Weak Phone Sales
    By REUTERS
    Filed at 9:39 a.m. ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Palm Inc <PALM.O> slashed its fiscal third-quarter and full-year revenue target due to slow consumer demand for its products, dashing hopes its webOS software would help it fend off bigger rivals for now.

Palm shares fell 18 percent on Thursday after it said it expected quarterly revenue of $300 million to $320 million on a non-GAAP basis, well below the analysts' average estimate of $424.7 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

It blamed slower-than-expected consumer adoption of its products, leading to weaker-than-expected orders from operators and the deferral of orders to future periods.

As a result, it said full-year results would be "well below" its own target range of $1.6 billion to $1.8 billion. Wall Street was expecting full-year revenue of $1.6 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

The warning followed downgrades earlier this week from at least two brokerages on concerns about sales of Palm phones at Verizon Wireless, the biggest U.S. mobile operator and a venture of Verizon Communications<VZ.N> and Vodafone Group Plc <VOD.L>.

Palm is betting on its new webOS software to help its phones compete more effectively against rivals such as Apple Inc's <AAPL.O> iPhone and BlackBerry from Research in Motion <RIM.TO>.

However, after a very high-profile launch last summer of Pre, the company's first webOS phone, the device was hurt by supply constraints and stiff competition.

Earlier this year, Verizon Wireless became the second U.S. provider to sell the Palm phones, which were exclusive to customer-losing provider Sprint Nextel <S.N> last year.

Palm Chief Executive Officer Jon Rubinstein said the company was working closely with carrier partners to increase awareness of its products and drive sales.

"However, driving broad consumer adoption of Palm products is taking longer than we anticipated," the executive said in a statement announcing the revenue outlook.

Palm shares fell 18 percent to $6.63 in early Nasdaq trading.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Palm Chief Executive Officer Jon Rubinstein said the company was working closely with carrier partners to increase awareness of its products and drive sales.
    I have seen absolutely no evidence of that here in the Lou. No one outside of the techno nerd community knows about webOS.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Here's the press release:

Palm, Inc. - Palm Updates Guidance

Stock down almost 20%.. Can somebody with the proper knowledge explain what this might mean for the future of the company?
    MORE BAD NEWS, FROM CNET:
    Palm's revenue to be 'well below' forecasts
    by Larry Dignan

Palm's smartphone recovery took a big hit Thursday as the company sharply cut its outlook for the third quarter and fiscal 2010 because "driving broad consumer adoption of Palm products is taking longer than we anticipated."

How ugly is it? Palm said its third-quarter revenue will be $285 million to $310 million under generally accepted accounting principles. Non-GAAP revenue will be $300 million to $320 million.

The problem: Wall Street is looking for revenue of $424.7 million.

For fiscal 2010, Palm also said its revenue will be "well below its previously forecasted range of $1.6 billion to $1.8 billion."

FROM ZDNET:

Palm's wipeout: Revenue will be 'well below' forecasts as consumers balk
    Posted by Larry Dignan

Palm’s smartphone recovery took a big hit Thursday as the company sharply cut its outlook for the third quarter and fiscal 2010 because “driving broad consumer adoption of Palm products is taking longer than we anticipated.”

How ugly is it? Palm said its third quarter revenue will be $285 million to $310 million under generally accepted accounting principles. Non-GAAP revenue will be $300 million to $320 million.

The problem: Wall Street is looking for revenue of $424.7 million.

For fiscal 2010, Palm also said its revenue will be “well below its previously forecasted range of $1.6 billion to $1.8 billion.”

The issue is that Palm is being crowded out of the smartphone market by existing powerhouses—RIM and Apple—as well as resurgent players like Motorola. Meanwhile, the webOS is being swamped by Google’s Android.

In a statement, Palm said “slower than expected consumer adoption of the company’s products has resulted in lower than expected order volumes from carriers and the deferral of orders to future periods.”

Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein said:

Driving broad consumer adoption of Palm products is taking longer than we anticipated. Our carrier partners remain committed, and we are working closely with them to increase awareness and drive sales of our differentiated Palm products.

Needless to say Wall Street wasn’t pleased.

Add it up and Palm shares are trading back to April 2009 levels.

Simply put, Palm is going to have to spend more money on marketing if it wants to compete in the market share game. Scale matters and as this comScore chart shows, Palm’s getting crunched by Android devices.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I actually loved the 7135. If it wasn't for the flaky radio, I probably would have kept it until the Pre. Yeah it had some quirks, but it was a great phone and a great form factor.

I LOVED the LCD display when it was "folded".
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    That's not more bad news. It's the same bad news...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast