Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    I could care less about palm. But as long as i sprint keeps my service and this phone running is all i ask. It doesn't matter about stocks and which smart phone company is number one to me. The stock could worth .56 for all i care as long as they can keep this phone running.
    Seriously??

Because I can pretty much guarantee that if Palm went down it would in fact "matter" to you and everone else on this board. As many complaints and shortcomings are being pointed out on a weekly basis about the Pre and Pre Plus, without Palm there'd be no way of its software being updated or 2nd and 3rd generation devices coming out at all.

That's kind of like saying, "Hey, I got my Lamborghini Diablo. What do I care if Volkswagen A.G. (Lambo's parent company) goes bankrupt now?"

That's a very short-sighted view.
    Last edited by Renderhaus; 02/25/2010 at 01:58 PM.
    just read this article on the business section of google.

Palm's Shares Plummet On Slow Smartphone Sales Despite Industry Growth

By Joseph F. Kovar, ChannelWeb

12:59 PM EST Thu. Feb. 25, 2010
    Palm on Thursday updated its financial guidance for its third fiscal quarter by slashing its revenue expectations for the quarter and the year due to a slower-than-expected adoption of its products, particularly its webOS operating system.

Palm dropped its GAAP revenue expectations for its third fiscal quarter to a range of $285 million to $310 million. Street consensus, according to Barrons, had been for revenue to be $424.7 million.

Palm also said it expects fiscal 2010 revenue to be well below its previous forecasts of between $1.6 billion and $1.8 billion.

Investors punished Palm soundly for the news, pushing the company's share prices off a cliff with a plunge of nearly 13 percent to $7.05 per share near the end of the trading day.

It is turning out to be a tough year for Palm.

Gartner earlier this week reported that only 1.2 million smartphones featuring Palm's WebOS operating system shipped in 2009. WebOS first became available in June of 2009 with the release of the company's Palm Pre smartphone.

The low sales of WebOS-based smartphones put Palm at number seven on the list of top vendors. This was well behind the 80.9 million smartphones based on the Symbian operating system, the 34.3 million units based on Research In Motion (NSDQ:RIMM), and the 24.8 million units based on the Apple (NSDQ:AAPL) iPhone OS, according to Gartner.

The slow WebOS-based smartphone sales also happened despite 2009 being a good year for smartphone sales in general. Gartner estimated that total smartphone shipments in 2009 hit 172.3 million units, up 23 percent from the 139.3 million units shipped in 2008.

Palm plans to release its full fiscal third quarter financial results on March 18.

Jon Rubinstein, chairman and CEO of Palm, said in a statement that driving broad consumer adoption of Palm products is taking longer than the company anticipated.

"Our carrier partners remain committed, and we are working closely with them to increase awareness and drive sales of our differentiated Palm products," Rubinstein said.

MY OPINION: (DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL) Palm should have released features of 1.4 a long time ago. This could of helped promotion of the Pre and especially since the launch of the Pre+ this could of got more consumers eager to buy this product, instead they skipped to the next best thing because palm is taking their time with this.

So Palm you BETTER step up ya game or your not going to last too long.
    Do we need another thread to discuss that? There are so many already! And to answer your question, at the moment it doesn't look good for Palm. They need to do sth fast or they will stay for ever under 1% market share
    No they're too big to fail
    Hello,

Thank you for your completly useless thread. Please remove your head from your **** and learn to 1. Search 2. Search 3. Search 4. Think 5. Search 6. Repeat 1-6. 7. How did you get to seven? go back to 1. 8. If your here please kill yourself. 9. If your reading this please complete 8.

Sincerly,
    PreCentral Forums.
    your answer is yes they failed just now, so please go to the nearest sprint store/verizon and turn in your device, your services are no longer needed.

but seriouslly i' not worried, wait till next device comes out and see where we stand then...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    You've failed for beating an already dead horse.
    I will tell you why you should care, developers will be very weary throwing development dollars at a platform that is selling poorly.
    If the update is not released today Palm will fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I will tell you why you should care, developers will be very weary throwing development dollars at a platform that is selling poorly.
    That too. You got it!

Nobody invests in losing propositions.

Even if they did fail. Someone would buy them WebOS and even the Palm brand name is worth big bucks.... Could you imagine WebOS on a well built RIMM design? T
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Seriously speaking the analysts are bunch of crap. How on earth the BoFa guy came to know that Verizon is pushing Droid ? Is he a precentral memeber ? We knew it some two weeks back. And now the thing is WallStreet News ? Seriously these guys are crap. I am happy they took their money out. The stock will probably consolidate.
    smd............. take a chill pill losers...i dont have time to search like you losees.so jump off a bridge if u dont like my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    smd............. take a chill pill losers...i dont have time to search like you losees.so jump off a bridge if u dont like my thread.
    If you don't have time to search then we don't have time to give you a reasonable answer. kthx

The answer to your question is 42.
    ok fine just maybe a useless thread. but lets be real palm is a small company. Ive been on palm side since treo 600 and i have the pre now. 1 thing there is no such thing as a company being to big to fail, i think we all know that. Im not going to lie, palm is looking bad. im sure a company will bye them out, and when the do, palm keeps its name, and have bigger pocket. my wish Google will bye them out, i really dont see any other company but google to pick them up, some my say nokia but i think they have to much on there plate. Google would be perfect, all they have is maps for mobile and nexus,,,plenty of space for palm. what u think?
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    Its in the forum guidelines buddy. Have some respect, it auto searches when you try to start a thread. Either way, maybe you shouldn't be posting if you cant read the guidelines and comprehend them...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    wow didnt know u people take this so serious. dont be mad at me be mad at palm for not releasing 1.4 last monday.hahahhahahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Seriously speaking the analysts are bunch of crap. How on earth the BoFa guy came to know that Verizon is pushing Droid ? Is he a precentral memeber ? We knew it some two weeks back. And now the thing is WallStreet News ? Seriously these guys are crap. I am happy they took their money out. The stock will probably consolidate.
    Um, Palm themselves announced today Sales have been slow. They basically confirmed a lot of what the analysts have been saying.
    no, I'll just stay mad at you. Palm still has 3 days before incurring my wrath.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345