Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    haha

seriously, I found the post to be funny and original.

good one
    I guess you the OP and I are the only ones who understand Sarcasm so far.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Just trying to put humor in a day that Ive seen many times.

Ive been on crackberry for years, and whenever an update is rumored, everybody freaks, assumes its true, and waits, pressing the update button every 12 seconds. And This going out of business is pure speculation, and is probably posted with an agenda. How many un-knowing people will buy palm if there are threads posted about "The demise of WebOS"

I love my palm pre+ Im happy to be on this forum now.

Good times.

Unfortunately, some must have a "Do a search" or "You are a troll" or "flame on" mentality.

Its a forum to have a good time, learn new things about our fav OS

Love,
    Droid Lover ....lol
    Good Lord... why are people posting any dumb negative article they find about Palm suddenly. And its always the people with almost no posting history.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    wooo!!! Oh yea!! A green guy killing a green guy!!

Love it!
    love the little andy mask
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    My friend just told me that palm went out of business earlier today due to the posts on this forum. Palm read some of the posts and realized that they were not doing things right, and decided to concede defeat. There will be no more updates, go back to your homes and rest.

Life is over as we know it.

Love,
    Droid lover
    I lol'd
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Good Lord... why are people posting any dumb negative article they find about Palm suddenly. And its always the people with almost no posting history.
    There have been 9 negative articles from different investment websites today alone... that's why the stock has plunged 15% today...

PALM - Palm Inc New Stock quote - CNNMoney.com
    All of the articles feed off of one another.
    I was promised pancakes.....where are they!!
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Yeah, that would suck pretty bad. He may as well hold on to it at this point and see what happens. I doubt it will drop much lower than $5 or $6 a share.

Thankfully, I don't have THAT much money to play around with. At worst, I'll sell it when it gets under $5 and only lose a couple hundred bucks.
    ....that, or they feed off of reality. Palm is in serious trouble, and neither of the current devices will lift them out of it. Neither will a launch on ATT.
    Where is the cake? Oh thats right....

http://www.gamesprays.com/images/ico...il_icon264.jpg
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    My friend just told me that palm went out of business earlier today due to the posts on this forum. Palm read some of the posts and realized that they were not doing things right, and decided to concede defeat. There will be no more updates, go back to your homes and rest.

Life is over as we know it.

Love,
    Droid lover
    Ya know i really love Precentral! It seems like this site is starting to get flooded with pure idiots. They all have less than 10 posts. How do we filter the idiots from wasting our time and bandwidth?
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Neglecting the AsiaPacific market is Palm's fault.
    Exactly.

Focusing mainly on the US market hit them hard.

USA is under deep recession.

If they focused more on the European markets and also released the Palm Pre in AsiaPacific. They could have had better results.

But then what can they do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...2-15-bunny.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    All the pancakes were taken away and destroyed, they were also replaced by waffles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    1. Pre is a substandard handset compared to other flagship phones. Plastic screen, bad hardware on the sliders, and quite frankly, a craptastic keyboard.

2. No advertising. I've seen a couple of ads recently, but not nearly to the level of other major smartphone providers.

3. WebOS while great isn't snappy enough.

Remember, customers love da snappy and they love da shiny. There are other phones in the market that do these two things better than the Pre does.

Palm needs new hardware and fast. They need to go with a slate, because that's what the market wants.

Additionally, they need better clarity on their target market. They are apparently ceding the business market to RIM. And lets be frank, Apple does a much better job of the entertainment phone than Palm does.

Lastly, Android is snapping up alot of the iPhone castoffs. That's just the truth, it's hurting the uptake on the Pre badly.

I hate to say it, but unless Palm completely revamps and retools a new handset and they get better at attacking the market they are focused on, it's only going to get worse.
    OMG, that line is so true, and i'm in stitches right now...!!! + infinity internetzz for you!!
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I have seen absolutely no evidence of that here in the Lou. No one outside of the techno nerd community knows about webOS.
    Ive noticed the same, on the other hand its not even launched here in SwedenMost ofl my friends that have tried my Pre really loves it. Some think its a bit slow but they like the form factor and would buy one if they could without having to import it themselfs. Suspect they will be lost to android, iphone or m900 as WebOS aint available.

Who knows, maybe the plan is too have just enough customers to survive and be able to develop WebOS further and when they feel its solid and on better hardware release it world wide?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    HP should buy Palm. I recently read an article on how HP's smartphone segment is in the doldrums, yet it still wants to remain in the space. Palm would be a good choice for the OS.
    A perfect solution - a company that's already failed in the smartphone marketplace purchases a company that's failing in the smartphone marketplace. What's not to like?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast