Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Link:

Palm Shares Down On Report Verizon May Drop Phones - WSJ.com

att reportedly may not continue talks with palm if dropped from verizon.
    i seriously doubt this until i hear some more proof
    att reportedly by whom?
    I don't get how verizon would be disappointed with pre sales. If they wanted to actually sell some ****in phones they would have:
    a) advertised a little and
    b) not immediately refer people to the droid when they walk in to buy a pre plus

I really don't get why they even stocked the phone in the first place they seem like they didn't even want them in their product lineup.
    because sprint had 'em
    A quick search, I found this article:

Rumor Mill: Verizon dropping support for Palm Pre - FierceWireless

This dates back to Sept 2009. Doesn't quite compute...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    BTW, full article here for those who don't have a subscription to WSJ:

TD Waterhouse
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    until BGR reports it I won't believe it.
    I just looked at one of the articles... man it was dated Sept 2009, when the rumor mill was going at it.

And now Verizon has the Pre... that was an old article and that was before Verizon even had the Pre on it's shelves...

Why would they discontinue a phone they were offering, when they only had it available for about a month.

Doesn't make sense... and as Judge Judy says: If it doesn't sound logical it's not!'

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    A quick search, I found this article:

Rumor Mill: Verizon dropping support for Palm Pre - FierceWireless

This dates back to Sept 2009. Doesn't quite compute...
    I would say that the WSJ is several steps better than fierce wireless when it comes to info.

I am not making comments. I present the info, since it is not available to everyone.

2nd I own a palm pre from sprint. Now instead of trying to call some one a troll, you should take the info as it is simply info so that you are not blindsided. I did not write the wsj piece. so direct your anger or disbelief some where else.

Do i think palm is dead yes but I still believe it is the best smart phone out there. Problems - marketing, hardware, and started off late with little reserve. People are like cows they go with big names (aka google & iphone). People follow names/brands.

Palm depended on others to help sell their product. You go to any store sprint or verizon -> they will push android or rim before even thinking twice. They know those systems. Those sales persons are not rocket scientist. They sell what they know. They know android and rim, thus that is the first thing that comes out their mouth. Palm probably should have given those sales reps the option for a free palm pre with a limited amount of minutes as long as they work for the sprint/verizon company. Thus when they ask, the sales rep can point people into the palm category. They can answer peoples questions immediately. They can help correct inaccurate info about the pre.

But in the end, this is all an after the fact situation. I truthfully suspect that it really is the end.
    Sorry if that busts your bubble.
    I wasn't directing at you... I just feel that the article didn't make sense.

Another thing, they were quoting Bloomberg.

Everybody is entitled to opinion.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 02/24/2010 at 08:13 PM.

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I just looked at one of the articles... man it was dated Sept 2009, when the rumor mill was going at it.

And now Verizon has the Pre... that was an old article and that was before Verizon even had the Pre on it's shelves...

Why would they discontinue a phone they were offering, when they only had it available for about a month.

Doesn't make sense... and as Judge Judy says: If it doesn't sound logical it's not!'

Rob
    you are looking at a rumor link. you are not looking at the wsj post today (first link)
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    The stock only drop 1.34% today.
    I truly don't understand all of this. I don't really remember ever seeing a product as awesome in comparison to its competitors ever have as much trouble as WebOS is having. I think someone at Palm has ticked someone else off. Maybe Al Gore or something...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    The WSJ article has at least one fact wrong:

Palm shares fell 1.3% to $37.87 in the regular session, and are off slightly in after-hours trading.
    That doesn't fit either VZ or Palm.

But anyway, the threat of not re-starting production after the CNY shutdown is the big issue. If suppliers aren't seeing orders, something is up.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I truly don't understand all of this. I don't really remember ever seeing a product as awesome in comparison to its competitors ever have as much trouble as WebOS is having. I think someone at Palm has ticked someone else off. Maybe Al Gore or something...
    I'm a bit young to remember, but supposedly betamax was superior to VHS...
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra2010 View Post
    Link:

Palm Shares Down On Report Verizon May Drop Phones - WSJ.com

att reportedly may not continue talks with palm if dropped from verizon.
    the full article, linked to on TD waterhouse's page, which is the same as the WSJ article, does not mention at&t,

where did you get that?
    There are four lights.
    Doesn't sound good at all.
    But here's another article from today's WSJ online dated Feb 25 2010:

Traders Read Into Palm - WSJ.com

NEW YORK—The bulls and bears battled for control of the options market Wednesday, after stocks managed to stage a rebound following two consecutive days of declines.

Among the companies in which the bulls showed interest was Palm, the California-based phone maker whose stock slipped Tuesday after being downgraded by analysts at Bank of America-Merrill Lynch and Macquarie.

Despite the downgrades, as well as continuing questions over the company's place in the competitive world of smart-phones, options traders appeared to be banking on a recovery in the stock. With the volume of trades .
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Doesn't sound good at all.
    But here's another article from today's WSJ online dated Feb 25 2010:

Traders Read Into Palm - WSJ.com

NEW YORK—The bulls and bears battled for control of the options market Wednesday, after stocks managed to stage a rebound following two consecutive days of declines.

Among the companies in which the bulls showed interest was Palm, the California-based phone maker whose stock slipped Tuesday after being downgraded by analysts at Bank of America-Merrill Lynch and Macquarie.

Despite the downgrades, as well as continuing questions over the company's place in the competitive world of smart-phones, options traders appeared to be banking on a recovery in the stock. With the volume of trades .
    Full article here: Yahoo! Message Boards - Palm, Inc. (PALM) - Dow Newswire - Option Traders Bullish on Palm

Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I feel same way as you. But a friend who has pre and more business minded as me keeps telling me that Investors don't care about the quality of the phone or its OS. Just their $$$. They don't keep up with that stuff. Its frustrating, wish they could use the phone for a day.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast