1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard when the update to enable GPRS will be released? Dialing up works ok (i am still having a little trouble) but always on is just gonna be groovey
    hi.

My guess is as good as yours, but I have read that the update wont be up by the end of summer. I'd say around September. the GRMS will be out after the faster CDMA (3G), due to come out June 1st. all treos are GRMS ready, except the CDMA which supports the next generation CDMA.

Cool stuff.

Dave
    Hey Greg, I thought you were going to sell your Treo. Did it start growing on you?

I just got mine from Amazon yesterday. I not sure what people are talking about when they say it has a poor battery life. I've been playing with it since last night on a 90 minute charge. I've played with it extensively today showing it to co-workers. It seems as though Handspring has alleviated that problem - it's not any worst than the StarTac I had. I do understand, though, the complaint people have about the speaker volume (in regular mode, not in speakerphone mode) - it could stand to be a little louder. And the GSM coverage in the SF south bay area is a little spotty. But all in all, I'm very happy with my Treo so far.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by uncledrunkle
    Hey Greg, I thought you were going to sell your Treo. Did it start growing on you?

I just got mine from Amazon yesterday. I not sure what people are talking about when they say it has a poor battery life. I've been playing with it since last night on a 90 minute charge. I've played with it extensively today showing it to co-workers. It seems as though Handspring has alleviated that problem - it's not any worst than the StarTac I had. I do understand, though, the complaint people have about the speaker volume (in regular mode, not in speakerphone mode) - it could stand to be a little louder. And the GSM coverage in the SF south bay area is a little spotty. But all in all, I'm very happy with my Treo so far.
    Ya know what... I was gonna return the thing to CompUSA but they wanted a 20% restocking fee. And now with all the discounts and stuff, I wasnt gonna get a good price selling it, so I went back to using it.... and guess what.... I LOVE IT!
    I ahve no battery issues either. Of course if you are in an area with poor coverage or you are a heavy user then you will have battery problems.

I just got mine from Amazon yesterday. I not sure what people are talking about when they say it has a poor battery life. I've been playing with it since last night on a 90 minute charge. I've played with it extensively today showing it to co-workers. It seems as though Handspring has alleviated that problem - it's not any worst than the StarTac I had. spotty. But all in all, I'm very happy with my Treo so far.
    I do understand, though, the complaint people have about the speaker volume (in regular mode, not in speakerphone mode) - it could stand to be a little louder.
    doh! the jog dial's your friend...

I thought I read somewhere that the volume couldn't be adjusted, so I assumed that it couldn't. I guess it's common for volume control to be located in that area of the phone as the Startac has buttons there that control the volume and I think I remember the Samsung phone I owned previous had something there as well to control volume. I guess I should start using my intuition rather than depending on things I think I read somewhere.

BTW, it's been reported that Handspring stated in their last earnings conference call that the GPRS patch will become available in the 1st fiscal quarter of 2003 - which is next quarter (July - Sept). Although, I did listen to the conference call when it occurred, I don't remember them stating this, but I've heard this from two other sources so it must be true.
    Last edited by uncledrunkle; 05/10/2002 at 02:28 AM.

I thought I read somewhere that the volume couldn't be adjusted, so I assumed that it couldn't.
    Use the up down keys (botton center) on the treo to adjust the speaker volume. Works for speaker phone, regular mode, or ear piece mode.