Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Remember the Dreamcast? What a beautiful gaming console it was; well ahead of it's time. It was made by Sega but had heavy Microsoft input. Anyone who had a Dreamcast know that, in reality, it was the 1st Gen XBOX.
    Just to be clear, this post is just a fun thought. We know that with Windows Phone 7 Series on the horizon, Microsoft isn't planning on adopting someone elses OS. But, how cool would it be if they did?
    The card system in WebOs is already similar to Windows Aero Flip, windows has a history of have a physical keyboard on devices that ran Windows 6.0+, and windows and Palm have worked together on numerous devices.
    This would have given WebOs the edge. With the power of Microsoft behind this operating system, I believe WebOs would have already surpassed what the iPhone is. Apple would have lost again in the epic battle of Mac vs PC. I like the 7 Series interface so far, but it still seems to be a little clunky. WebOs has the freshest, most intuitive interface that I've ever seen. If only Microsoft would have thought of this.
    Maybe this is still possible. Who's up for Windows Phone 8 Series? Microsoft could have both OS' out at the same time but with specific hardware requirements for each. This gives a wide variety of choice, while maintaining continuity. This would crush Googles Android OS that is littered amongst devices of all shapes and sizes.
    What do you think?
    I think the chances that Microsoft would adopt a linux based mobile OS are zero to none.
    Well if the dreamcast was the first gen xbox then it really went down-hill.

The only reason Microsoft would buy palm is to get it out of the market, I can't imagine them actually helping webos and that would instantly be the death of Palm.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Well if the dreamcast was the first gen xbox then it really went down-hill.

The only reason Microsoft would buy palm is to get it out of the market, I can't imagine them actually helping webos and that would instantly be the death of Palm.
    i don't get what you mean by the whole "downhill" thing. are you saying that the dreamcast wasn't the 1st XBOX? dreamcast was the first to connect to an online service with the help of microsoft, the button configuration as well as control shape and layout are pretty much exactly the same, and they reverted back to the white color with the 360.

and jeez you guys are hard on a fella! lol can a man dream.. i'm up on my technology.. i am aware of these things you mention..
    so lets do this... microsoft discontinues support for anything that's not 7 series and all those who have older winmo phones that are currently active get discounts when upgrading to 7 series. this leaves 1 os. microsoft is trying to become more open source as linux is so now they decide to buy palm. keep the exact same OS (webos) beef up the hardware, keep rubenstein and his crew, clean up the codes, add some microsoft software and integration tools and call it windows phone series 8.. sell 7 and 8 side by side so loyal windows customer feel they have choice. and a wonderful selection of choices this would be
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    Remember the Dreamcast? What a beautiful gaming console it was; well ahead of it's time. It was made by Sega but had heavy Microsoft input. Anyone who had a Dreamcast know that, in reality, it was the 1st Gen XBOX.
    Just to be clear, this post is just a fun thought. We know that with Windows Phone 7 Series on the horizon, Microsoft isn't planning on adopting someone elses OS. But, how cool would it be if they did?
    The card system in WebOs is already similar to Windows Aero Flip, windows has a history of have a physical keyboard on devices that ran Windows 6.0+, and windows and Palm have worked together on numerous devices.
    This would have given WebOs the edge. With the power of Microsoft behind this operating system, I believe WebOs would have already surpassed what the iPhone is. Apple would have lost again in the epic battle of Mac vs PC. I like the 7 Series interface so far, but it still seems to be a little clunky. WebOs has the freshest, most intuitive interface that I've ever seen. If only Microsoft would have thought of this.
    Maybe this is still possible. Who's up for Windows Phone 8 Series? Microsoft could have both OS' out at the same time but with specific hardware requirements for each. This gives a wide variety of choice, while maintaining continuity. This would crush Googles Android OS that is littered amongst devices of all shapes and sizes.
    What do you think?
    You are quite the forecaster! In fact, this will happen!

I suggest people hang on to their Palm stocks, and wait for second quarter 2011.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AFLORES View Post
    You are quite the forecaster! In fact, this will happen!

I suggest people hang on to their Palm stocks, and wait for second quarter 2011.
    i really can't tell if you are being sarcastic or if you too think this would be cooooooooool! lol
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    palm's awesomeness with microsofts pockets? Wow
    No sarcasm, or facetiousness- I'm very serious. This will happen, around 2nd quarter 2011; the foundation has been built by Palm, MS will do the decorating..
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nodforce View Post
    palm's awesomeness with microsofts pockets? Wow
    yeeeeees.. oh yeah.. you're diggin it too.. lol.. i knew i wasn't the only one.. i should soooo be the person in charge of microsofts mobile business decisions lol
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I think RIM would rather have Palm, they could use a flashy OS with their solid business apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    I think RIM would rather have Palm, they could use a flashy OS with their solid business apps.
    yeah RIM is the only major player that could.

The rest have new OS systems and have no need too.
    I'd rather see Apple or Google gobble up Palm and throw on that webOS UI. That is, if Palm is to be bought.

An iphone with palm's gesture area, synergy, notifications, and cards would be cool
    While the dream you have laid out is a pretty one indeed...

If Micro$oft were to buy Palm, I'm sure it would only be for the purpose of dismantling it. I don't believe for a second that it would be a good thing for the WebOS community.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I think the only chance would be for RIMM to purchase Palm. Makes no sense for Microsoft, Apple or Google.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I think the only chance would be for RIMM to purchase Palm. Makes no sense for Microsoft, Apple or Google.
    makes no sense? why not? microsoft has various renditions of windows.. i.e. home, business, ultimate.. and it seems that they are planning to do the same given they are calling this the 7 "series" which leaves me to assume that there will be windows phone 7 media edition.. windows phone 7 business edition.. etc.. something along those lines.. so buy palm (of course that's if palm even would wanna sell.. blah balh.. we're still living in fantasy land here) and call it the 8 series.. and have different renditions of it as well.. continuity and choice.. what more could a man ask for
    If Micro$oft buys palm I would abandon the platform and stick with RIM. Now webOS on the storm hardware would be awesome.
    Not to mention, I don't think Palm would ever give in to MS
    And I wouldn't want them to anyways.
    Palm has a lot of potential, and can outcome and destroy MS in the phone industry.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstang462002 View Post
    If Micro$oft buys palm I would abandon the platform and stick with RIM. Now webOS on the storm hardware would be awesome.
    have you seen the 7 series os and hardware specs? i think it's gonna be pretty bad *****.. i'm keeping my eyes on it and when it comes out i'm gonna play with it in the store (giggity lol) and i might just switch.. that's if it's available for sprint.. or unless a pre 2 with 2.0 and better hardware comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    makes no sense? why not? microsoft has various renditions of windows.. i.e. home, business, ultimate.. and it seems that they are planning to do the same given they are calling this the 7 "series" which leaves me to assume that there will be windows phone 7 media edition.. windows phone 7 business edition.. etc.. something along those lines.. so buy palm (of course that's if palm even would wanna sell.. blah balh.. we're still living in fantasy land here) and call it the 8 series.. and have different renditions of it as well.. continuity and choice.. what more could a man ask for
    Windows is about to release a huge update to their mobile platform. Why on earth would they need a second platform to compete against the first? Its just not going to happen.

If anybody purchases Palm, my money would be on Nokia.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Not to mention, I don't think Palm would ever give in to MS
    And I wouldn't want them to anyways.
    Palm has a lot of potential, and can outcome and destroy MS in the phone industry.
    i like microsoft.. and i like the microsoft vs apple battle.. and i root for microsoft.. i also like linux.. and root for linux over all.. such a difficult predicament.. and in my fantasy, microsoft buys palm but keeps everything about the os the same.. and even keep the harware the same with some minor enhancements.. it really doesn't matter to me who makes the phone (unless it's apple) i just like good product.. if rim woulda come up with webos, i'd have a rim phone.. if samsung woulda made webos.. i would have a samsung.. i love webos.. doesn't matter who the company is behind it.. so webos with micosoft money would be awesome.. webos with rim money would be so-so...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast