View Poll Results: Do you believe the refurbished phones are better than new phones?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i receive my refurb phone and is much better

4 17.39%
  • No, i have a new phone and is great

10 43.48%
  • maybe, because refurbished phones have the latest parts

7 30.43%
  • i dont know , somebody explain me!!!!

2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    I dont really trust in refurb phones!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Not at all. Sprint has ordered me several replacements due to defects and each refurb has had issues. On the last refurb I received, my local Sprint store ordered me a replacement due to my Pre constantly turning on and off on its own and freezing during the day. When the refurb arrived at the store, I went in to swap my phone and when the Sprint rep took the refurb out of the box it was discovered that NONE of the buttons would work and that there was a tremendous oreo. The Sprint rep said "typical", apologized for the inconvinience and gave me a brand new Pre for the inconvinience. The new phone has been flawless since. This is just my experience, but IMHO refurbs are horrible.
    I have yet to replace my Sep 09 Pre, but I did replace my previous phone (HTC Touch) 3 times. My first phones screen began to De-laminate replaced with a refurb that was in bad shape, it was repainted (badly, and the touch screen was very unresponsive). Next one was much better but never as good as my NIB model. If your phone is really broke and you have insurance go get a replacement but if it is not go with the devil you know.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    There is nothing wrong with getting a refurbed phone. In some cases, I think they can actually be better than a brand new one. With a refurb, someone has actually gone through the phone and made sure everything is working properly rather than just being slapped together on an assembly line and shipped out the door.

Sure, there are some people that have had problems with refurbs but that is not the norm. Most people don't have any problems with them at all. You have to remember that forums like these are kind of a polluted place. Your average user doesn't come to a forum like this unless they are looking for help or they want to complain about something. You never hear from the people that aren't having any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    There is nothing wrong with getting a refurbed phone. In some cases, I think they can actually be better than a brand new one. With a refurb, someone has actually gone through the phone and made sure everything is working properly rather than just being slapped together on an assembly line and shipped out the door.

Sure, there are some people that have had problems with refurbs but that is not the norm. Most people don't have any problems with them at all. You have to remember that forums like these are kind of a polluted place. Your average user doesn't come to a forum like this unless they are looking for help or they want to complain about something. You never hear from the people that aren't having any problems.
    Exactly. 99.999% of the time refurbished anything is going to have a better quality control than brand new. Does that mean every refurb is better than new? Nope, but it sure does mean a refurb is likely to better than brand new.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...30#post2236130 this post is mines and says it all,
    NO I DONT THREE BROKE PRES IN MY POSSESSION RIGHT NOW
    I had to replace my 2 month old Pre a few months back.. and quite frankly I was quite upset when sprint swapped it out with a refurbished phone.. I mean I paid a couple of hundred dollars fo rth enew pre.. and after two months I get something Refurbished?? needless to say Im not a happy camper about that situation.. although the phone is still working well enough.. except for a glitch with the volume control..
    i will find out monday after work lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by eztech View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...30#post2236130 this post is mines and says it all,
    NO I DONT THREE BROKE PRES IN MY POSSESSION RIGHT NOW
    how do you have three broke phones?? did you not send them back lol they will charge you for them full price .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i will find out monday after work lol
    why?.. Did you exchange ur phone ?
    Can't vote, never had a replacement phone, new or refurb.
    My refurbs (all for software, not hardware, issues) were awful; started with great hardware, ended up with really bad hardware. Luckily my repair techs are great guys and gave me a NIB replacement in the end; the build quality was better than my original one.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Very mixed thoughts on the refurbished phones. It is really hit and miss from my personal experience, and what the Sprint techs have told me. I had an Samsung Instinct before the Pre and I had 6 refurbished phones (screen died) and now the 6th one still works just great, another family member has the phone. So eventually I got a good working phone, and it is a trooper. haha. Now, my 1st refurbished Pre I have had for about a month now. It works just great and no complaints so far, and I hope to keep it that way. My factory Pre had an issue with the power button dying, so that caused me to get a Advanced Exchange refurbished Pre at no cost.