Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Post in this thread to discuss all of the advertising that Palm and the carriers that have its phones are doing and also put any suggestions for Palm for future advertising.

Thanks
    The latest palm pre plus add through verizon seems very effective. Should've had something like this from the beginning showing of the capabilities of the phone. Should also show some of the 3d gaming. I think the youtube video showing the pre plus start with need for speed, open up 50 cards and then going back to the game is quite impressive.
  3.    #3  
    Sounds good, keep the idea's coming everyone.
    I took a photo of the Pre bus shelter ad a few days ago in San Francisco. I uploaded it to twitpic from the Picture Tweet app moments after. It turned out great for a dark rainy night.

I can't post the photo, or even a link, because I haven't hit 10 posts yet!

My screen name on twitpic is the same SFHandyman. You can see it there. It is the only photo.

You can also type in the twitpic url and add 150tyu after a slash.

I saw the Pixi one also but it was blocked by a trash can. They are very similar. If I can get a photo of it, I'll upload it to twitpic.
    Why not a spin off of the "i'm a mac/pc" commercial directly showing all the things the palm pre can do and the iphone can't.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    Why not a spin off of the "i'm a mac/pc" commercial directly showing all the things the palm pre can do and the iphone can't.
    Yeah, that would be a good advertisement.
    The main transfer station of the Washington Metro system (Metro Center) is saturated with Palm Pre ads. They are prominent in all downtown stations. The ads emphasize Synergy and all display the tag "Life Moves Fast. Don't Miss A Thing." I took these photos with my Pre Plus.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    With video recording now possible, people can make their own little Pre/Pixi commercials, stating what specific features they love about their phone, and post them to YouTube.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I don't know about you guys, but I am seeing verizon/palm commercials everywhere. I thing the biggest mistake palm made is the lack of marketing. Lets hope its not too late. The new add are great
    what advertising? LoL sorry but i bet a senior class project at just about any university can come up with a better "plan"
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    what advertising? LoL sorry but i bet a senior class project at just about any university can come up with a better "plan"
    TOTALLY agree!!!

they should fire their marketing staff!
    Actually come to think about it, I'd like Roger McNamee to take over Tamara Hope in the ads. I loved that AllThingsD skit he did with Jon.

"...and it eats iPhones for breakfast!"
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    i think that once flash 10.1 comes out for the pre, a good concept commercial would be to have someone on a subway reading a movie review on the NY Times app, with a voiceover similar to those old budwiser radio commercials, you know the ones with the deep voiced guy that is saying all this motivational stuff... anyway, have the voiceover talking directly to the guy reading about the movie sayings stuff like:

"oh, so you're interested in that movie huh? well, maybe you should watch a trailer just to be sure..."

then have the guy open his browser by dragging up the quick launcher wave, then search for the movie on google, then start watching a trailer IN BROWSER, the voiceover says something like:

"Hey! that looks pretty good huh? well, maybe you should scoot on over to that fandango app and buy yourself some tickets, cowboy!"

show the guy open the fandango app, purchase tickets, etc.

voiceover says:

"hey! what's that? it's already on your calendar? how convenient" show the guy looking at his calendar app to see that the movie is already there as an event.

voiceover says:

"whoa there! hold your horses, you don't have a babysitter!"

show the guy open facebook app, type in as an update: "wife and i want to see a movie tonight! can anyone babysit???"

voiceover says, "good going, fella! maybe you should scoot back to that trailer and finish where you left off, you deserve it!"

show the guy start the trailer where he left off, to demonstrate how flash 10.1 auto-pauses when you go into card view.

then something like palm's new tagline "life moves fast..." and some cute music or whatever...
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilsonmoore View Post
    i think that once flash 10.1 comes out for the pre, a good concept commercial would be to have someone on a subway reading a movie review on the NY Times app, with a voiceover similar to those old budwiser radio commercials, you know the ones with the deep voiced guy that is saying all this motivational stuff... anyway, have the voiceover talking directly to the guy reading about the movie sayings stuff like:

"oh, so you're interested in that movie huh? well, maybe you should watch a trailer just to be sure..."

then have the guy open his browser by dragging up the quick launcher wave, then search for the movie on google, then start watching a trailer IN BROWSER, the voiceover says something like:

"Hey! that looks pretty good huh? well, maybe you should scoot on over to that fandango app and buy yourself some tickets, cowboy!"

show the guy open the fandango app, purchase tickets, etc.

voiceover says:

"hey! what's that? it's already on your calendar? how convenient" show the guy looking at his calendar app to see that the movie is already there as an event.

voiceover says:

"whoa there! hold your horses, you don't have a babysitter!"

show the guy open facebook app, type in as an update: "wife and i want to see a movie tonight! can anyone babysit???"

voiceover says, "good going, fella! maybe you should scoot back to that trailer and finish where you left off, you deserve it!"

show the guy start the trailer where he left off, to demonstrate how flash 10.1 auto-pauses when you go into card view.

then something like palm's new tagline "life moves fast..." and some cute music or whatever...
    Nice... why cant verizon, sprint or palm think of those things!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Nice... why cant verizon, sprint or palm think of those things!
    There haven't been any posts on here in a while, please post some more
    i don't advise this but took this while i was driving. the light was red but my camera didn't load fast enough..if we had a snapdragon processor my life wouldn't have been in danger but then again I am a victim of my own arrogance.

the subways really are loaded with the palm ADs recently. guess they decided to go metro marketing...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think the most important thing palm can do in their advertising is be direct. Apple directly shows what the iphone can do. Droid took the same approach. Both were extremely successful marketing campaigns. If you want to take this outside of the phone world, look at Domino's newest commercials. They acknowledged their problems with their pizza and showed how they improved it. It's simple really, palm has a great product, just show it off! No need for abstract messaging, or video that's to fast to be understood (pixi commercials). Just demonstrate the phone in use with notifications, touchstone, some apps, etc.
    This article is supposed to be about Apple, but it compares Apple to Palm in terms of successful/unsuccessful market launches. Especially interesting because many Palm executives apparently came from Apple.

Note how the author describes how Google positioned itself against iPhone weaknesses, whereas Palm just showed features and assumed that everyone would understand the advantage.

If Palm monitors this forum, I hope they read this article and take it as excellent advice...

Do Palm's Struggles Forecast Apple's Post Jobs Decline? — Datamation.com
    I was in downtown Dallas today. There were Palm ads all over the place. It was awesome to see my phone on every other street corner.
    I am really glad to see that Palm is finally doing something about their marketing. I don't know about you, but my head pops up from whatever I'm doing to take pride in a phone that can really do it all. I agree with a previous poster that said just to show off the phone..YES! please more of that...not the synergy..just the multitasking please...people understand that..and it WILL win people over
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast