Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Bump, keep posting
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Palm needs to look at two things, and LEARN FROM THEM:

1st. Look at the thread that was part of the final Pre vs MotoDroid voting over the weekend. Notice how articulate Pre users were about the practical advantages that make the "love" their phone (we thought only iPhone users would say something like that!). Notice that they describe tangible use cases, and ways that the Pre makes their everyday tasks better. Did those out and turn them into advertising that tells prospective users what the Pre will do for them. No more "image ads". Get that big flower off the screen in pictures used on the box or in advertising! Show people what it will do for them! Users were very concise about benefits, not image. Palm needs to learn about Merit-based advertising. Even in naming products. I don't know what a "Pre" is, but I knew right away that an iPhone was a "internet savvy phone" and that says enough to spark interest. Repeat: learn about Merit-based messages.

2. Look at this ad, and use the script exactly as written to shoot a TV grade commercial. This guy understands merit-based marketing. He understands how to show a common use-case that resonates with average users.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...some-more.html

I don't know what else to say. Palm doesn't need focus groups or advertising committees. WebOS users know how to sell these things. Short of getting Verizon to make Palm their flagship phone, the best thing Palm can do is learn how to market the phone like this guy did.

Forget about targeting women because no other phone has done that. Geesh. Being productive with your advanced smart phone isn't gender specific.

Copy that commercial word for word, and grab all the useful info out of the hundreds of posts under the weekend's voting.

Don't look at the comments from the page that declares the winner. Look at the page that was part of the actual voting. March Smart Phone Madness Finals: Motorola Droid vs. Palm Pre Plus

And do it fast!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    2. Look at this ad, and use the script exactly as written to shoot a TV grade commercial. This guy understands merit-based marketing. He understands how to show a common use-case that resonates with average users.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...some-more.html

I don't know what else to say. Palm doesn't need focus groups or advertising committees. WebOS users know how to sell these things. Short of getting Verizon to make Palm their flagship phone, the best thing Palm can do is learn how to market the phone like this guy did.
    That was my commercial you referenced... thanks for the nice words about me and the ad!
    I like the video that came on my pre plus. With even more apps shown, it would work.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12