1.    #1  
    I was talking to Voicestream today, trying to get my data connection with Earthlink to work. I was transferred over to the Istream/data services department for help.

As I'm talking to the guy, I told him I can connect just fine using Voicestream's ISDN number. The guy tells me that it is "fraud" to use that number. I explained that I wouldn't be using it if it was "fraud", and that I would stop if it isn't ok with voicestream. He responds that since there is no password on the number, I can keep calling and Voicestream can't stop me, but that it's fraud.

Again, I ask if I should stop using the number. The Voicestream guy vaguely explains that since Voicestream can't stop me, I can keep using the number.

Unfortunately, our conversation got sidetracked with my connection problem and I forgot to get a real response from the guy.

What's up with this "fraud" thing with using the Voicstream number?
    Don't worry about the fraud stuff there is enough evidence that VS tech support gives the number out all the time. (at least that is what i can tell when I searched on this topic)

Anyway are you saying if I use this number I can use my blazer browser on my TREO and surf for free, no ISP or no VS minutes charged?

Explain....
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by netbooee
    Anyway are you saying if I use this number I can use my blazer browser on my TREO and surf for free, no ISP or no VS minutes charged?
    Explain....
    No, the minutes count against your regular minutes. It just connects to the VS number about twice as fast as anything else. About 10-seconds. I think the speed is a result of not having to authenticate a username or password.