1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Does anybody know what the "email center number" for the fido service in Canada?

I know for voicestream U.S it is 500...

Thanks!

g-girl
    The SMS Center number for FIDO is 003436.
  3.    #3  
    Hi Yardie: Tried that but no success... I can receive email from other pop3 mail addresses but not send to pop3 email addresses...

Also, do you have the "Fido" then alternating "Roaming" message appear on the top left corner of your treo screen?

Thanks!

g
  4.    #4  
    Hi all,

Does anyone know what could be the problem as 003436 does not seem to work on my treo...

Thanks!

g
    Hi, I'm also going crazy with this sms email center thing... Anybody knows what is the email center number for Vodafone in the UK?

Thanks VERY much
    The last postings gave the email center number for Fido in Canada - 003436

The email center number for Rogers is 0000000000 (ten zeros). You cannot see all the digits when you type them in to the email center number field. It is easier to type them into a memo item where you can see all the digits and then paste them into the field in PhoneBook.

This information is online too at Handspring support site at: http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH
    OK There is a trcik that you have to do to send e-amil via fido SMS. Yu have to type the word mail then make a space with the built-in keyboard (not the hard keys on the Treo). Then, you can entger the email address that you want to send the message to. To access the built-in keyboard in the sms application, click on the menu (:menu: + K).

Summary
    1. Click on new to start write new SMS
    2. In the To field write mail (space with built-in keybaord) g-girl@vancouver.com
    3, Write message and send

Hope this helps.

BTW I get the roaming blinking too..just ignore it.

Originally posted by g-girl
    Hi Yardie: Tried that but no success... I can receive email from other pop3 mail addresses but not send to pop3 email addresses...

Also, do you have the "Fido" then alternating "Roaming" message appear on the top left corner of your treo screen?

Thanks!

g
    :menu:
    Hmm... I thnk you are right about the mail prefix working on Fido. This is very non standard.

They also have a cool info service based on this idea: read more at http://www.vex.net/~lawrence/sms.html
    Mmmm, this all sounds very intriguing!

ok, anyone know the email center number for Orange here in the UK?
    How about the adress convention, i.e "mobile-number@ornge.co.uk' etc?

Also, does anyone know address conventions for other UK networks?
    What I'd like to be able to do is send txt's to people, using outlook.

I think I tried it before, but outlook just sauid it wasnt a valid email adress of similar.
    *******Treo 600 on GSM Orange UK*******
    Firmware: 03.04
    Software: Treo600-1.12/1030/03...
    Hardware: B
    The message center number which works in my Treo is: + 1 514 993 1123
    Good luck,

Fabian

Quote Originally Posted by g-girl
    Hi all,

Does anybody know what the "email center number" for the fido service in Canada?

I know for voicestream U.S it is 500...

Thanks!

g-girl
    Excellent tip regarding the mail prefix yardie. It works with T-mobile USA as well.