1.    #1  
    Just an idea that came along. I find that the best way for someone to know how good something is, is to try it out for themselves.

What if Palm sponsors carriers for prepaid air time minutes and set aside some webOS phones, and let someone take it home to try, as a promotion? That way people can actually experience the phone instead of watching creepy girl or Verizon's mom ads.

Of course there's other details to this as well, say they need a credit card as a deposit, and if people don't return the phones on time, they will be charged full price for it, etc.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    If I hadn't done so much research before making my decision to buy the Pre, I might have overlooked it. One of the things that helped was finding this community. I was looking at everything from a Samsung Instinct to an HTC Diamond Touch Pro. I'm the rare person who never touched the phone before I ordered it. That being said, WebOS phones can't be appreciated by playing with them for 5 or 10 minutes in the store. A good day or two gives a person a chance to experience what these phones can do. So I think this is a great idea.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I like this idea, if i hadn't been able to use a pre befor hand i wouldent own one right now, and if i had taken it home on a trial they would have had to pry it from my cold dead hands.
  4.    #4  
    Noticed someone tagged "30 day return policy" I would argue otherwise. While yes you can return it using that, but you have to pay for the phone, and any minutes and usage you might have occured. And potentially you would need to go through some hoops to get it returned.

This I would say is different, if it's a promotion, the point being is you can completely walk away with no strings attached, even some usage is covered. I would argue if this is advertised there would be a lot more people willing to give it a try.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here