Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its nice to say there is a file what updates the Treo ROM file dated december to 5th of Februar.
    It has a language picker and 100hrs standby time, there are some new things in there, but unfortunately speakerphone mode switching on before ur call is not yet available...

Very, very strange that how possible to update Treo ROM if it has no Flash rom.. But it seems available.,,)

Zsolt
    Where'd you learn this? DO you have any info on how to get it or who needs it?
    Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Everybody needs this who has an old Treo.. In the old treo there is no language picker for example...

Zsolt
    OK, so how does a person get it?
    Jeff
  5.    #5  
    The simpliest way to get it from Handspring.. But in some days this patch will be available from Handspring web site.,

Zsolt
    What do you mean "get it from Handspring"? Do you have to ask for it? Is it available to developers?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
    Cool. I don't know how you found out about this, but I am happy that it's there, despite the fact that I've got it.

...btw, it updates because it changes the software in the Phone's flash, I think. But this is questionable given that the new version seems to alter PalmOS functions as well as Phone functions...
  8.    #8  
    The problem is only that I dont find - i mean I dont understand why is not available to switch on the speakerphone before u place a call..
    Somebody wrote here he has this function... But I dont have..grrr..

Zsolt
    Originally posted by zsozso
    The problem is only that I dont find - i mean I dont understand why is not available to switch on the speakerphone before u place a call..
    Somebody wrote here he has this function... But I dont have..grrr..

Zsolt
    Don't forget - a PDA without any flash can still have its OS updated in *RAM*, it's just that it won't survive a hard reset.

So how does a person "get it from Handspring"?
    Jeff
  10.    #10  
    What do u mean????????? Treo has flash. and this update updated the ROM.!! I did a hard reset, and everything was the same, I mean all the new things stayed in the ROM.

So beleive me, ROM has been updated with this patch!!

I think u have to ask from Handspring. But this patch will be available in some days for everybody.

Zsolt
    I just called Handspring and they knew nothing of an update and didn't know if one was going to be available before the GPRS update this summer. Do you have any more specific information on where you got this update or where others can get it?
  12.    #12  
    I cant tell u more that i have told before. I got this patch and its really simple to upgrade ur treo's ROM. to tell the true i dont know how can u get it, i got from handspring...

zsolt
  13.    #13  
    Maybe u cant get any info about this patch because its not officially released (yet))

Zsolt
    Post the patch!!! or quit spreading BS there is no patch/upgrade at this time not for users or developers. you are full of it........
  15.    #15  
    I am really sorry if u dont understand what about this forum.... we just inform others about new things... I cant post this patch. its under copyright.

try to get it from handspring

zsolt
    people calm down...

As far as we here at VisorCentral know it, there is no public, user flashable "patch" yet available for the Treo - I've heard it could be until june when that comes. (I've heard, don't hold me to it!)

Editors Note: We first reported back in March on this upgrade. See http://www.visorcentral.com/content/Stories/1408-1.htm

A Handspring representative stated that the updated software some of our readers have noticed on the newer Treo’s contains over 40 bug fixes. The newer software also increases the standby time from 30 hours to over 110 hours by better power management.

In an earlier report we incorrectly reported that a flash upgrade was available from Handspring Tech Support for early Treo users. They sent us the following note commenting on the issue: "We do not have any available updater for Treo 180 at this time so folks who call with the expectation of getting a download or a replacement unit purely for standby time will be disappointed. It is true that standby time increases with the new build. Your article on CTIA conference this morning might encourage people to call us with this expectation when we have nothing to offer yet but are working on it."

Once Handspring has a solution available we will spread the word. To check if you have one of the revised Treo models or not, look for the following software:

Phonebook 3.5H4
    CarrierExtension 1.5
    Connection 3.5H
    Digitizer 3.5H
    GSM Library 1.2
    LanugagePicker 1.0H2 (not in orig)

zsozso might have come across through sources? an internally distributed patch (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $they$ $exist$). $please$ $zsozso$ $don$'$t$ $tease$ $people$ $who$ $desperatly$ $want$ $100$ $hour$ $battery$ $lives$...

Everyone please understand that zsozso is right and that (s)he is not allowed to post that patch to this forum. Do not expect zsozso to post it.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    He's not bull****ting this time. There is a patch which somehow updates to survive a hard reset. I had mine updated in Singapore, but by the Handspring agent, Grandtech. I don't know how it was done, but it was. The agent also did tell me that the patch would sooner or later be available on the Handspring site, but he didn't know when.
  18.    #18  
    Thanks))

Thats why I told about this patch, beause if there is some1 who wants get a replacement, I think its better to wait some more days because this patch will be available download from HS website...

Zsolt
    Originally posted by PDAENVY
    Don't forget - a PDA without any flash can still have its OS updated in *RAM*, it's just that it won't survive a hard reset.
    While this is true, don't forget that as long as the "update" is re-installed during the next hotsync, its functionality will return. This is accomplished through the use of the "Reset after Install" attribute (the Stowaway driver works the same way). That's why you get a "Reset" message at the conclusion of the first sync after a hard reset.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  20.    #20  
    Yes, its true, but Treo has flash ROM.
    Zsolt
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast