Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    People have been questionig Verizon's wisdom in tartgeting moms with the Pre Plus. If you were head of Verizon's market who would you target with the Pre and Pixi Plus?
    the average to power user with some sort of "smart enough for me" series of ads
    People with money, capable of making buying decisions, who need phones, and have too busy a life to burden support staff with lots of questions. (Gee, who does this sound like?)

It is not necessary to target highly technical people with television advertising, they'll already become customers on their own if they want, and advertising will do little to sway them to a particular phone.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I don't mind them targeting women, but I do think the "mom" angle is lame. How about just "busy women" as a whole? Professional women(mom or not) who are considering a Blackberry, for one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    As long as they sell millions of them they can target who they want.
    The Phone Diva,
    Have you tried ovi-maps (and if so, what do you think of it)?
    Is there any chance of Nokia ever becoming popular in the USA?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    The Phone Diva,
    Have you tried ovi-maps (and if so, what do you think of it)?
    Is there any chance of Nokia ever becoming popular in the USA?

Not yet. But I'm looking into it since I think you can download them and use them without a signal, although I'm not sure. I think Nokia Maps worked that way too, but I just used Google Maps. However that does require a cell signal or wifi.

As for why Nokia can't get a foothold in the US, I still don't know. But people here seem to hate Symbian, although it's way better than a lot of firmware people keep buying on their dumbphones. Nokia has actually made feature phones with a smartphone OS and they are way better than any dumbphone IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!