Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    My Treo 180g should arrive in a few days, and I was wondering if I will be able to:

-sync with Palm DT 4.0(Final) OSX, or Now Up To Date
    -set up my Cingular data account in OSX

I could set up the data account on my work wintel machine if I have to. I was just really wondering if anyone had success with their Treo and a Mac.

Thanks for you comments
    Brad
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I currently use my Treo with OS X palm desktop and Now contact Now up to Date, no problems at all.

You will have to delete the updates folder that is included with the latest version of palm desktop, or else every time you hot sync the updater will try to update th ePalm OS on the Treo (which it can't).

Enjoy you Treo!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    You will not be able to set-up your Treo's internet setting via the set-up software on the Treo disk (only works in 9). But it was easy to do on th eTreo manualy in Preferences/Network..

good luck
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info Jackson.
    So I will just need to delete the Palm updates folder to get it to sync huh?

Are you using Voicestream or Cingular?

And how do you like theTreo?? I have been wanting a all-in-one for a while, and this seems to be a good one. I have a Palm i705 and a Ericsson T68i, and I hate carrying around two devices. I think I may miss the "always on" from the Palm (Bluetooth syncing sucks!!! so slow). The only downside to the Treo I see is dialing up to get mail and surf seems to be pain, but I guess that will not matter when GPRS rols out.
    Brad
    Got my Treo from Best Buy a few weeks ago, and spent those last few weeks in Europe (Where it works great) I use VoiceStream in the States (mostly because that's all that is here in Chicago)

It works great with Palm Desktop X, though the network setup function program gets horribly confused between X and Handspring's Palm Desktop for OS 9 and doesn't work.

I have a AOL Mobile Comm, which uses the same network as the i705, and I do miss the always on capbilites, though AIM via SMS seems to help, since AOL artificialy keeps your account online when you "sign on" with the SMS services, even if your phone's off. But it'd be nice for someone to write a real AIM client for the SMS protocol, QuickChat just doesn't cut it.
    -- Go Illini!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'm using Voicestream in Boston with no problems.

I love my Treo, battery life has not been an issue and have never had the "echo" that others have complained about. ... I'm planning on "upgrading" to the color Treo once it comes out (the one complaint that I have is the greyscale screen).