Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1) WebOS
    2) WebOS
    3) WebOS
    4) WebOS
    5) WebOS
    ... well, you get the picture.
    HTC has, over the last couple of years, been the badge on some of the most innovative and solid handsets in the industry. Their market share has grown by leaps and bounds with the likes of the Hero, Touch Pro 2, and their newest crown jewel, the Nexus One. I totally understand why they're building Android devices. God only knows why they keep wasting their time with WinMo.
    Just think of their rock solid hardware running WebOS. A Hero style handset running WebOS would actually be, the overused term, "iPhone Killer".
    The Saint
    are you the same one that posted why nintendo should buy palm? Cause wow
    not gonna happen htc is rigid in overusing the same internals over and over again espescially those terrible 528 mhz processors theyve used since like 05 i would rather have great internals and poor hardware (hello pre) than great hardware and poor internals
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    are you the same one that posted why nintendo should buy palm? Cause wow
    no i checked to make sure
    This is getting ridiculous.
  6.    #6  
    No I'm not, read the names dude. And, wow, if you don't like a post, don't read the freaking thing.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no i checked to make sure
    yeah I did too. Wow idk what people are thinking some times loll
    But you have to admit this is more likely than a Nintendo acquisition. Maybe if Palm licensed WebOS to HTC but I really don't see that happening.
    thats quite a 'tude there getting angry about people thinkin this was stupid you do realize threads like this are bound to be flamed and otherwise mocked or have you just realized everyone and their mother uses the internet
    how about we compromise and have htc design a nice curvy phone that will become the pre2?
    Last edited by Armchair Commando; 02/05/2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typed to fast
  11.    #11  
    xome1983 makes a good point, if Palm licensed out WebOS, much the way Android is, that could be a huge source of revenue for them, maybe even save them from going under or having to be bought out at all.
    The Saint
    No just need HTC to be the OEM of Palm's phones.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    how about we compromise and have htc design a nice curvy phone that will become the pre2?
    thats not a compromise
    I dont want anyone to buy palm. If anyone did, I wouldnt want it to be htc, who is already balls deep in android, or nintendo, who has no experience in the cell phone industry. I do enjoy these threads tho, speculation is fun.
  15.    #15  
    I agree in that I don't want to see Palm get bought either. I just hate seeing the hands down best mobile OS stuck in such a cheap, poorly built device. I'm like most people, I want all and I want it now ! (totally joking)
    I just think that Palm could really kick some ***** if they'd just step up their hardware game. They've built some awesome devices in the past.
    The Saint
    I dont get the problem w/ the hardware! My pre is rock solid and the slider works flawlessly!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    MICROSOFT should be the one buying Palm. Not even the whole of the company, MS just needs to get their heads out of their butts* and realize that WinMo is going NOWHERE. It's been 7 years since the first release of WinMo and yeah, it was great for a while, but now it's decreasing on a year-to-year, most likely a month-to-month, basis. WebOS is the future of mobile operating systems, and if Microsoft could realize this, they could POUR their WinMo funding into WebOS and just destroy Apple, which is the main goal of MS, don't you think?
    Last edited by BigWhittt; 02/06/2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Censorship..... what a world.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWhittt View Post
    MICROSOFT should be the one buying Palm. Not even the whole of the company, MS just needs to get their heads out of their butts* and realize that WinMo is going NOWHERE. It's been 7 years since the first release of WinMo and yeah, it was great for a while, but now it's decreasing on a year-to-year, most likely a month-to-month, basis. WebOS is the future of mobile operating systems, and if Microsoft could realize this, they could POUR their WinMo funding into WebOS and just destroy Apple, which is the main goal of MS, don't you think?
    Why the hell would you want M/S to buy Palm? They are as bad as Apple as far as locking down the OS. There would be no patches and no themes and no homebrew and the apps would suck just like apples do.

Its taken 3 yrs for iphone to get unlocked as easily as the Pre was oem!

If Palm gets bought out you can kiss the opensource homebrew community goodbye!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    That's why I said "not even the whole of the company". I do NOT want Microsoft owning Palm, I'm just saying I'd like Microsoft to say "Hey, look, Windows Mobile is a huge failure at this point and WebOS looks like it's going places, if only you guys had some more money. Here, take a few million dollars and see what you can do." If I liked Microsoft's work on mobile operating systems, I wouldn't even own a Pre.
    What im saying is if M/S has anything to do w/ WebOs they would want total control of the OS.

thats why winmo sucks because M/S wont open it up to outside Devs.

Follow the link below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast