1.    #1  
    After reading this post on engadget http://i.engadget.com/2010/02/03/amazon-buys-touchscreen-startup-touchco-merging-with-kindle-div/ i think it would be good for both companies if amazon aquired palm. It looks like Jeff bezos is stepping it up to compete with apple. I really would like to see palm stay independant but if they were going to be bought by anyone I'd like it to be amazon. I think they are a good company and the two would make a good team. What do you guys think?
    you know I read that and thought the same thing. I think I would prefer it over say nokia. But I wouldn't want them to be encorporated too closely. Rather I would rather them be allowed significant leeway in running the company.

but that would probably not happen because they, like apple are very much into content distribution. Palm isn't as behelden to that model and I think that's what allows them to focus on the user, community ect.

when I think about it, google is pushing android for advertising, apple pushes both content and hardware (more ecosystem I guess) palm is really one of the only players other than nokia that is focused on the smartphone as a smartphone, and controls both sides of it's development with that goal in mind. It would be a shame to change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    After reading this post on engadget Amazon buys touchscreen startup Touchco, merging with Kindle division - Engadget i think it would be good for both companies if amazon aquired palm. It looks like Jeff bezos is stepping it up to compete with apple. I really would like to see palm stay independant but if they were going to be bought by anyone I'd like it to be amazon. I think they are a good company and the two would make a good team. What do you guys think?
    If this happened I could see a WebOS tablet hit the market to be another kindle option.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    what would Bono think about all of this sale talk?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I think he'd say, "I've finally found what I was looking for"
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Well, Palm is at least going to need to generate revenue outside of hardware sales (they only sell PDA-phones unlike the competition) so, they're going to have to get into selling content just like Apple. Along with the App Catalog, they should start pushing their partnership with Amazon MP3, I'm sure they get a small piece of the action there. Marketing, Marketing, Marketing. Hopefully they'll expand their hardware line to include a MID, and I'd like to see them get back into the PDA business once they upgrade the PIM functionality of WebOS.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    It was , Dell, than Nokia then Dell, then Motorola, then Nokia and now Amazon. I am not sure why these analysts have occasional brain reboots. PALM is far away from being bought by anyone. The issue is not about their capability , but their balance sheet. They have big debt, they need to clear that first. Amazon has no plans to get into hardware.But stranger things have happened like Google getting into Mobile and OS, If anyone it would be HP. But not now. They might want to see how PALM performs in the next couple of quarters. Buying PALM now is a bit of a risk for any company.
    It was , Dell, than Nokia then Dell, then Motorola, then Nokia, then Amazon and now HP. I am not sure why these analysts have occasional brain reboots. PALM is far away from being bought by anyone. The issue is not about their capability , but their balance sheet. They have big debt, they need to clear that first. HP has no plans to get into another mobile OS. But stranger things have happened like Google getting into Mobile and OS, If anyone it would be Asus. But not now. They might want to see how PALM performs in the next couple of quarters. Buying PALM now is a bit of a risk for any company.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    It was , Dell, than Nokia then Dell, then Motorola, then Nokia and now Amazon. I am not sure why these analysts have occasional brain reboots. PALM is far away from being bought by anyone. The issue is not about their capability , but their balance sheet. They have big debt, they need to clear that first. Amazon has no plans to get into hardware.But stranger things have happened like Google getting into Mobile and OS, If anyone it would be HP. But not now. They might want to see how PALM performs in the next couple of quarters. Buying PALM now is a bit of a risk for any company.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    It was , Dell, than Nokia then Dell, then Motorola, then Nokia, then Amazon and now HP. I am not sure why these analysts have occasional brain reboots. PALM is far away from being bought by anyone. The issue is not about their capability , but their balance sheet. They have big debt, they need to clear that first. HP has no plans to get into another mobile OS. But stranger things have happened like Google getting into Mobile and OS, If anyone it would be Asus. But not now. They might want to see how PALM performs in the next couple of quarters. Buying PALM now is a bit of a risk for any company.
    huh? Are you the same person?

also analysts haven't put this idea forward it's forum members. Which means analysts will be quoting "inside sources" and proposing our idea sometime tomorrow ;-)
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Looks like user 'gbp' = user 'chud311'
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Looks like user 'gbp' = user 'chud311'
    Yes its like
    PALM = APPLE
    or