Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hi folks,
    I am happy to join the high-end group of Treo users ;-)

Now, as some of you may know we at Beiks develop a lot of Palm software and it was naturall to turn to Treo once it came out. We were, in fact, a little late on the scene and had to be pushed by one of our customers to realize that our dictionary is lacking the resident lookup functionality due to the Treo keyboard.

I want to ask all others - who use or plan to use a dictionary - what is it that we can do to make your life easier and better? In the dictionary program and in general.

For example, I still miss the HOME button and will reassign the hardware keys so that I have one assiciated with the application launcher.
    Last edited by kolev; 04/15/2002 at 04:55 PM.
    Bobby Kolev
    BEIKS LLC
    www.beiks.com
    mobile.beiks.com
    "A Pocket Full Of Knowledge"
    I also feel strange not to have a home button. I've installed EasyLaunch (hack), and assigned "go to home with a long hold" to sms button.
    And thanks to develop Treo-friendly software!
    The fastest and best thing you can do is to make every function available through your menu system and to give every function a letter associated with it. In other words, allow us to use the command stroke/key and a single button to launch the various features of your software. It's simple, compatible with non-kb PalmOS devices, and standard. ":menu: f" will work just fine.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I thank you for the suggestion, but will require a little clarification on it. Do you mean all commands within our program or in general? And which menu system are you referring to.

For us who come from other Palm devices, it is the lack of the menu system that was really astonishing.

Drop me an email if you care to clarify.

- bobby
    Bobby Kolev
    BEIKS LLC
    www.beiks.com
    mobile.beiks.com
    Originally posted by kolev
    I thank you for the suggestion, but will require a little clarification on it. Do you mean all commands within our program or in general? And which menu system are you referring to.

within your program. By "menu system" I mean what happens when you hit the menu button, or when you make the :menu: stroke on a Grafitti OS.
    For us who come from other Palm devices, it is the lack of the menu system that was really astonishing.

Lack? I don't follow.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Yep, I was incorrect - I meant lack of command toolbar, not menu.

I'll make sure you have letters associated with each menu in BDicty.
    Bobby Kolev
    BEIKS LLC
    www.beiks.com
    mobile.beiks.com
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Not to make too flagrant a plug, but I've been emailing with Bobby about Treo funtionality and I've been quite impresed with his diligence (He's already emailed me two custom updates to test on the Treo, since he just got his own Treo this weekend).

He's got the resident pop-up window working now (which I think is BDicty's best feature) on version 4.8a. I don't think this update is on PalmGear yet, but I'm sure he'd email it to you.

Needless to say, I'm a big fan, and especially like the ability to use the same program to access a dictionary and a translator.
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro