Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 103
  1. #81  
    Did you guys see this -
  2. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Apple don't need jack because they don't have a userbase, they have apostles.

    That's also why I think their HTML5 gambit might work out in the end. With enough rabid Apple believers complaining to content providers about why their stupid content won't show up on their shiny iThingy, with millions of iPod touches and iPhones out on the market, with an iPad that's going to sell better than hotcakes and asian hookers combined despite its glaring shortcomings, it's not a hard jump to imagine enterprising companies doing the Apple crowd a solid and jumping to HTML5, at which point everyone else will implement HTML5 because they can't be in the old-fashioned flash minority (that's actually a majority but won't appear to be thanks to advertising and spin created by apple-loving media) and BAM!, Apple single-handedly innovated the entire internet and anybody who didn't pledge allegiance in the beginning was only a pessimistic square.
    +1
    I am in the process of washing my brain with "Flash is bad code" use "HTML5" mantra. It probably takes three to four years for my brain to completely get washed and hopefully the iPad with HTML5 is in full swing.
  3. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    Just because it crashes the iPad doesn't mean it's bad code. More than likely it means the iPad is garbage because it can't even run Flash. Steve Jobs pulled that ridiculous argument a couple of days back, saying whenever a Mac crashes it's usually because of Flash. Sorry, my mac at work crashes all the time just fine all by itself. Sometimes I don't even have to do anything. My PC, however, has never, EVER had a single problem with Flash. The same exact Flash site that made my Mac at work take a dump ran PERFECTLY on my 8-year old home PC. But hey, the iPad will make an awesome blue lego viewer, I suppose.
    Cheer up, it was a joke.
    I would seriously buy an iPad provided these they address the Flash issue. It really is a shiny tempting device for gadget lovers. But sans flash , you can't view 90% of the embedded videos on a page too. My gut feeling is that they will support the Flash , just like they added "Cut and Paste", it takes time. But make no mistake Steve J is playing the game for some leverage ( I am not sure what it is). I read that APPLE looses control if they let Flash.
  4. Eazy123's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    #84  
    Oh, I'm aware you were joking, my point was aimed more towards that (again, ridiculous) idea that Jobs has. I realize you were mocking him

    Just like how he claimed "nobody reads" last year, then flip-flopped, next year he'll present the next iPad, with a camera and the "game-changer", Flash. He'll tout it as the next big thing, and everyone will completely forget what he said a few days ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Cheer up, it was a joke.
    I would seriously buy an iPad provided these they address the Flash issue. It really is a shiny tempting device for gadget lovers. But sans flash , you can't view 90% of the embedded videos on a page too. My gut feeling is that they will support the Flash , just like they added "Cut and Paste", it takes time. But make no mistake Steve J is playing the game for some leverage ( I am not sure what it is). I read that APPLE looses control if they let Flash.
  5. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    Oh, I'm aware you were joking, my point was aimed more towards that (again, ridiculous) idea that Jobs has. I realize you were mocking him

    Just like how he claimed "nobody reads" last year, then flip-flopped, next year he'll present the next iPad, with a camera and the "game-changer", Flash. He'll tout it as the next big thing, and everyone will completely forget what he said a few days ago.
    I would add "And one more thing , We worked really hard with Adobe in making the fastest ,leanest and meanest code changes in Flash. Now Flash on iPad is 47% more optimized than the Windows, 23% more optimized that the Mac. It is beautiful and magical to watch the flash based videos on the iPad. iPhone users will get this feature in June 2011".
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I would add "And one more thing , We worked really hard with Adobe in making the fastest ,leanest and meanest code changes in Flash. Now Flash on iPad is 47% more optimized than the Windows, 23% more optimized that the Mac. It is beautiful and magical to watch the flash based videos on the iPad. iPhone users will get this feature in June 2011".
    Say what you want about the lack of flash on the iPad, but adobe isn't doing itself any favors with the pathetic performance of flash on OSX. If they want to prove their point, they can start by cleaning up their own products.
  7. Eazy123's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Say what you want about the lack of flash on the iPad, but adobe isn't doing itself any favors with the pathetic performance of flash on OSX. If they want to prove their point, they can start by cleaning up their own products.
    They've got nothing TO prove. Adobe "optimizing" Flash for OSX is like someone creating a virus for a mac. There are so few of them in the grand scope of things it's not worthwhile to even bother.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    They've got nothing TO prove. Adobe "optimizing" Flash for OSX is like someone creating a virus for a mac. There are so few of them in the grand scope of things it's not worthwhile to even bother.
    So why would Apple then want to include flash on the iPad? Your argument proves their point.
  9. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    They've got nothing TO prove. Adobe "optimizing" Flash for OSX is like someone creating a virus for a mac. There are so few of them in the grand scope of things it's not worthwhile to even bother.
    May be that might be the real reason. Adobe probably didn't care about APPLE few years back. Now the game has changed with APPLE firing on all cylinders.
    There are millions of i(Phone+Pod)s out there and couple millions of iPads too.
    They now gets to beat Adobe with big stick.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    May be that might be the real reason. Adobe probably didn't care about APPLE few years back. Now the game has changed with APPLE firing on all cylinders.
    There are millions of i(Phone+Pod)s out there and couple millions of iPads too.
    They now gets to beat Adobe with big stick.

    Exactly. Adobe would take away a lot of the ammunition from the flash haters (I am one of these) if they would just fix their own software.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    HTML5 is going to rid the necessity of Flash, aslo Flash isn't perfect. It can be unstable, and use a lot of resources which will drain your battery fairly quickly.



    I was just pointing it out, he was not aware.
    Ian Hickson, editor of the HTML5 specification, expects the specification to reach the W3C Candidate Recommendation stage during 2012, and W3C Recommendation in the year 2022 or later.[9] However, many parts of the specification are stable and may be implemented in products:
    I mean, that's only at least 2 years away for some parts to get finished, and only 12 years to be fully adopted by W3C. I'm willing to bet you'll have an ipad v2 by then... so how does that help?

    Although some can be used today, i'd take a flash implement until then. I mean at least my pre can do both. I'd guess a smart device should be able to use current tech and some future tech... I'll have a pre 3 by the time I dont need flash anymore...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  12. Eazy123's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    So why would Apple then want to include flash on the iPad? Your argument proves their point.
    I don't know...maybe because Apple USERS may want/find benefit with Flash? The fact is that Flash is running ok on just about everything else. It gives Macs problems, so Apple is saying "Your software is giving us problems. Fix it or else." Apple SHOULD be saying "Damn, our hardware is having problems running this software, maybe it's us that's the problem since everyone else can run it". No, Apple's calling Adobe lazy - the equivalent of the pot calling the kettle black. There's no reason Adobe should have to change how they do things to please Apple. I give them tremendous credit for not falling victim to the whim of the almighty Apple.

    So millions of people have iPhones and iTouches, so what. They're going to look at the guy next to them with whatever other phone and ask why THAT person is getting the full web experience and their iPhone isn't.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    I don't know...maybe because Apple USERS may want/find benefit with Flash? The fact is that Flash is running ok on just about everything else. It gives Macs problems, so Apple is saying "Your software is giving us problems. Fix it or else." Apple SHOULD be saying "Damn, our hardware is having problems running this software, maybe it's us that's the problem since everyone else can run it". No, Apple's calling Adobe lazy - the equivalent of the pot calling the kettle black. There's no reason Adobe should have to change how they do things to please Apple. I give them tremendous credit for not falling victim to the whim of the almighty Apple.

    So millions of people have iPhones and iTouches, so what. They're going to look at the guy next to them with whatever other phone and ask why THAT person is getting the full web experience and their iPhone isn't.
    So then why cant Adobe fix their product so millions of Apple users don't need to use buggy software? Your argument is crazy. Every Apple user knows flash runs terrible in OSX. Your saying that Adobe has no responsibility to fix their software, yet Apple has the responsibility to include buggy flash on all their devices. Just incredible.
  14. Eazy123's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    So then why cant Adobe fix their product so millions of Apple users don't need to use buggy software? Your argument is crazy. Every Apple user knows flash runs terrible in OSX. Your saying that Adobe has no responsibility to fix their software, yet Apple has the responsibility to include buggy flash on all their devices. Just incredible.
    I think you need to read better, because your argument is the same as mine, just coming from different ends. YOU see it as "why should apple run buggy flash?" I see it as "it works fine everywhere else, so whose problem is it?" How do you know the onus is on adobe to fix their software? It's not crashing pc users computers, right? Maybe the way osx is built is so ridiculous that Apple needs to fix IT. Like i've said, my mac running OSX at work crashes plenty on it's own, therefore I highly doubt flash is THE reason for osx crashing most of the time, but Apple itself is. Do you get what i'm saying now? You're assuming that adobe is at fault, and why? Because steve jobs told you so. That's Apple's favorite kind of people.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    I think you need to read better, because your argument is the same as mine, just coming from different ends. YOU see it as "why should apple run buggy flash?" I see it as "it works fine everywhere else, so whose problem is it?" How do you know the onus is on adobe to fix their software? It's not crashing pc users computers, right? Maybe the way osx is built is so ridiculous that Apple needs to fix IT. Like i've said, my mac running OSX at work crashes plenty on it's own, therefore I highly doubt flash is THE reason for osx crashing most of the time, but Apple itself is. Do you get what i'm saying now? You're assuming that adobe is at fault, and why? Because steve jobs told you so. That's Apple's favorite kind of people.
    When other people write software that is buggy, it is their responsibility to fix it. I see no other major developers claiming that OSX is behind their applications terrible performance. Other browser plugins dont have these problems.

    If I was Apple, I would demand Adobe fix their bloated under performing flash mess on OSX in return for iPhone/Touch/iPad access.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    Just because it crashes the iPad doesn't mean it's bad code. More than likely it means the iPad is garbage because it can't even run Flash. Steve Jobs pulled that ridiculous argument a couple of days back, saying whenever a Mac crashes it's usually because of Flash. Sorry, my mac at work crashes all the time just fine all by itself. Sometimes I don't even have to do anything. My PC, however, has never, EVER had a single problem with Flash. The same exact Flash site that made my Mac at work take a dump ran PERFECTLY on my 8-year old home PC. But hey, the iPad will make an awesome blue lego viewer, I suppose.
    everybody loves legos!!!

    I think its part of apples business tactics.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    everybody loves legos!!!

    I think its part of apples business tactics.

    Give me blue legos over annoying, blinking, flash ads any day.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Give me blue legos over annoying, blinking, flash ads any day.
    you know whats better than either of those, a gray box with a little triangle in the middle.
    There are four lights.
  19. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    May be that might be the real reason. Adobe probably didn't care about APPLE few years back. Now the game has changed with APPLE firing on all cylinders.
    There are millions of i(Phone+Pod)s out there and couple millions of iPads too.
    They now gets to beat Adobe with big stick.
    This is the smartest thing you have ever said. Adobe owns flash, and they know one of the biggest companies (Apple) is moving away from flash. That's why they've been b!tching at Apple for the past year to get it on the iPhone/iPod. That's 70,000,000+ potential mobile users. Adobe doesn't want to see the death of flash in the next few years.
  20. #100  
    I really don't get why this flash argument is so controversial.
    -the ipad wont have flash
    -flash is going to be around for at least another year or two
    -sucks for people that really like the ipad
    -sucks for people that really like flash

    Theres really not that much too it, at least from my point of view. Flash is cool but its not the end all be all, same goes for the ipad. If you havent figured it out by now, Jobs intended for the pad to be a really good media consumption tool, which it is. If you are looking for fully functional computer slate, looks elsewhere.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions