Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21  
    Let me share this with you. Over in Singapore, the ROM update is available through Handspring's authorised distributor, Grand Tech. I had an original ROM and through the grapevine, I heard about the update. I went down to the service centre, and they updated the ROM to the new version (the various apps have the new version number now). I asked why this service was not publicised and was told that most likely, Handspring will post the update on the web in due course, but they had made it available to authorised distributors first. Just info for you, so you know that there IS a way to update your ROM. And no, I was not given any software or anything to take back. I don't even know HOW they updated the ROM, only that they did. They had to do a backup of my data and did a restore, so there must have been some kind of hard reset done as well.
  2. #22  
    Originally posted by zsozso
    YES its clear Treo has NOT flash ROM, but if u upload the same application (but newer build) to RAM what is already in ROM, till hard reset TREO WILL USE that APPLICATION what is in the RAM AND NOT in the ROM!!!!!!!!
    Yes, this is how HS deliverd patches for the Visors in the past...
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  3. #23  
    Originally posted by zsozso
    Thanks Dannis, u r the first who understood what is the real problem...

    Zsolt
    Ahum....

    I feel we all understood what your problem is. IMHO you didn't understand what we were trying to tell you...
    I personally have suggested you before to do the same thing...

    It doesn't matter if you didn't understand us, language barriers are tough as I can tell from personal experience.
    But please stop blaming others if a communication problem happens...in communication problems both parties are to 'blame'..

    Also can you stop using CAPS, it is considered as SCREAMING! which is rude... t.i.a.
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  4.    #24  
    Many thanks for the info how I have to use the forum next time. In spite of this my impression is that, there were many reply what showed that there is not really much ppl who understand how is Treo Ram and Rom working, how is software upgrade work (Rom), what is Syncwizard, how available save Rom to disk etc..

    Maybe I have some language problem, but I think we could get more info about Treo and problems of Treo if we could not have deal with copyright things only and other unneceraly staff (see some other reply here...). First, we r using Treo more than 2 month. Treo was available in Europe first. Treo was in advertisements only in US, when we already used it. So I think we have much more experience than others., thats why i tried to explain what are the really problematioc things.
    So please tell me if some1 has a really good info about the ROm upgrade like TUEN said. That was a really good info.
    Anyway sorry for it, but this was my opinion I didnt want to slight anybody./

    About Rom upgrade. I dont know how worked it for TUEN, because Treo has not Flash ROM (I mean not upgradeable for ROm software) I dont know how did the provider upgraded ur ROm. Mechanical people changed ur hardware? (i mean ROm)? or how? becauese refresh Rom is not available//

    Zsolt
  5. #25  
    Originally posted by zsozso
    Many thanks for the info how I have to use the forum next time. In spite of this my impression is that, there were many reply what showed that there is not really much ppl who understand how is Treo Ram and Rom working, how is software upgrade work (Rom), what is Syncwizard, how available save Rom to disk etc..
    I think there are a lot of people out here who know how it works and there are a lot of people who dont know... The forum is there to bring all of them together..

    Originally posted by zsozso
    Maybe I have some language problem, but I think we could get more info about Treo and problems of Treo if we could not have deal with copyright things only and other unneceraly staff (see some other reply here...). First, we r using Treo more than 2 month. Treo was available in Europe first. Treo was in advertisements only in US, when we already used it. So I think we have much more experience than others., thats why i tried to explain what are the really problematioc things.
    So please tell me if some1 has a really good info about the ROm upgrade like TUEN said. That was a really good info.
    Anyway sorry for it, but this was my opinion I didnt want to slight anybody./
    Yes the Treo was availble in Europe first and then in the US (and yesterday finally in Australia..) , but the gap isn't big...
    The diffence is that US companies are more customer oriented than european ones and the US ones are more likely to send a replacement ...

    Originally posted by zsozso
    About Rom upgrade. I dont know how worked it for TUEN, because Treo has not Flash ROM (I mean not upgradeable for ROm software) I dont know how did the provider upgraded ur ROm. Mechanical people changed ur hardware? (i mean ROm)? or how? becauese refresh Rom is not available//
    The only way I can think of is to replace the whole ROM chip...
    Or maybe they secretly put some flashROM in the treo without telling us
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  6. #26  
    It appears that there must be some way to upgrade, maybe flash ROM or a new chip, as at least one other person has reported having their Treo upgraded by GrandTech. See this discussion thread on TreoMB.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
  7. #27  
    Thanks for the link Pathdoc, an E(E)PROM makes sence...

    I guess it is one where you need 3rd party tools to erase and rewrite the rom... not FlashROM like some other PALM's have
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  8. #28  
    The discussion on TreoMB looks interesting. The thing that caught my eye was the ability to turn on the speaker phone on before answering. My ROM date is 1/21/02 3:51 pm. It appears that the ROM that I received from Handspring developer site is newer than this and I've started extracting the files and moving them to my Treo. However, I have not determined which file(s) contain the updated speakerphone stuff. I've installed the following:

    GSM Library
    GSM Library_enUS
    Phone
    Phone_enUS
    PhoneHalLib

    (There are some tricks to doing this as you have to turn off the read only bit on the databases.)

    Anyone know what database contains the updated speakerphone stuff? Nothing else makes sense.

    I'm getting annoyed at Handspring (as much as the original poster) for releasing numerous different ROMs and not providing patches for users.
  9.    #29  
    Sgruby, As u know when u order ur ROM file from HS Develop. there r 2 ROM ver. one was the orginal (dated in december) and one was newer (january or february). I dont really know what is the difference between ROM ver, (until we dont get the new ROM file from HS.
    Just one question. How much times was from ur ordeing until u got the new ROM file, a week or more?

    Zsolt
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions