Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Is anyone besides myself, having problems sending SMS messages to email addresses (phone to phone works fine)? After 45 minutes on the phone with Voicestreamís tech support, she stated that she just now remembered an email yesterday saying that they were having problems with email. Iím assuming that since this is a replacement phone there is a setting missing. If anyone knows what the correct setting is (my SMS email center number is set to 500) or if there is in fact an outage, please let me know.
    VS told me they were having issues over the weekend, but everything seems to be working for me today. Make sure your Email Center Number is 500 and your messages are sent to "SMS E-mail Center" and you format the body of the message as "johndoe@yahoo.com # body of message"

In my experience the web/email support people are MUCH more knowledgable about VisorPhone than the 1-800 support.

Hope this helps,
    Brian
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply. How do I send a message to the SMS E-mail Center? On my old Treo I just placed an email address inthe T0: field (or did an address lookup), typed my message and hit send.
    I have a VisorPhone not a Treo so it may be different. To send an SMS message I tap on the "To:" field and choose SMS E-Mail Center from the pulldown, then put the email addy and message into the "Text:" field.

Hope that clears it up,
    Brian
    There's an easier way to do it on the Treo. You enter the SMS mail center number into the SMS application under menu/options/preferences. 500 seems to work for most VS customers. Then just put the email address into the To: field, or select from your contact book.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks Guys, I thinks it's a VS problem. I'm just now receiving email that I sent myself yesterday. I hope this is only temporary, becaue one of the main reasons I took the plunge was to eliminate my 2way.
    It's very temperamental. Sometimes I'll get no SMS from email for several days - then a whole load all at once. Other days I get virtually instant SMS email.

I think there is something wrong with the way VS has their cache set up and every now and then they go reset it and everything works again for a while. Hope they get it fixed soon!