Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I own a tablet PC x61t already and I love it, if palm came out with a webos version, i would get one definitely its the perfect UI for pad/tablet device
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    WebOS on a slate device would own face.
    since when did OS become more important than applications?

when it comes to consumer oriented tablets then I think the flaws are in the concepts and not the OS.

So both sides could make a desireable tablet but neither would make a necessary one (for avg consumers)
    in their current state, tablets are virtually useless
    This signature for rent
    Wow I know what it demonstrates that not everything Apple makes is awesome. I have never been so underwhelmed by an Apple product, I am an Apple fanb0y honestly. I don't troll or anything like that I can recognize a good product when I see one. But this iPad isn't even interesting, maybe the netbook crowd will eat them up.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    haha whats sad is i can see ppl buying an ipad
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    iPad is the iPod touch on growth hormones. Nothing new, just more. Nice to see if it works out cause putting webOS on such would be super sweet if the OS can embrace a virutal keyboard natively.
    a webOS netbook might be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I'm sure the iPod works in the backgrounds, and since it runs on the iPhone OS you will be able to jailbreak it to do what you please...just backup then restore before bringing it in to "renew" your warranty.
    jailbreak to add a camera? or jailbreak to run MS office? or jailbreak to run on VZ? or jailbreak to add a USB port?

for $499, people better off by a Dell mini 9, do more stuff, save more $$$, etc.

I wouldnt say iPad will fail, since there are enough ******* throwing $$$ at whatever apple come up with, but this thing sure disappointed a lot of folks.

its one thing when hardware is there, and software can be improved upon, its another when hardware is limited from the start.

I would suggest people wait for next gen, or whenever apple add a camera, replace iphone OS with OSX. Before that, save some $$$.
    Who else thinks Apple fanb0ys would be proud to rock the iPad up to their ear with 2 hands if it was also a phone? I'm predicting an Onion News video is being produced this very minute about this.

I don't think many would turn down a device like the iPad if it were very inexpensive. Many that hate on the device, including myself, wouldn't mind buying one if it were, say, $50, but that's not possible.

So for a $500 - $900 internet toy, is just insane. And that's not even my Apple hate speaking. If Palm came out with a gigantic Pre without a physical keyboard, I would ask what's the point.

And yes, I am also getting tired of the "i" names.
    I still say battery life will be a big issue. The stated 10 hours is for doing what?...reading an ebook only while unconnected to Wifi or 3G? What's it like if you browse for an hour, play a game, check your email a few times and use that paint program for a bit? ...10hrs?...I hardly think so...
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    haha whats sad is i can see ppl buying an ipad
    Of course people are going to buy it.. Most Apple fans follow the company blindly. They'll still say it's the best thing they have ever seen lol. You're mainly paying for the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I still say battery life will be a big issue. The stated 10 hours is for doing what?...reading an ebook only while unconnected to Wifi or 3G? What's it like if you browse for an hour, play a game, check your email a few times and use that paint program for a bit? ...10hrs?...I hardly think so...
    exaggerating battery life is really nothing new, everybody do it, just apple has always been more blatant.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Who else thinks Apple fanb0ys would be proud to rock the iPad up to their ear with 2 hands if it was also a phone? I'm predicting an Onion News video is being produced this very minute about this.
    Hehe. That is what I said in the C40 thread. Appleloonians would walk around with the Pad pasted to their ears like its the greatest thing ever.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    i just saw the hands on videos, and apple has tried to do something like the back gesture it seems, in some apps you get back with a pinch in, but it's totally inconsistent. and some apps, like photos and webpages were you use this gesture to zoom out, it doesn't work at all.

that is not easy to use design in my opinion.

this thing would fail for every other company, but people will buy this for the brand alone

and the name is ridiculous
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I don't buy the iPad or any other tablet as any kind of ebook reader. I have a Kindle and it's amazing to read on because it's not backlit or an lcd. That's what made the Kindle revolutionary as a real reader. I've read books on PDAs before and it isn't near as comfortable. So trying to market a tablet to be anything like an ereader is dumb. And I'm not impressed at all with the iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    when not in use, they could put it on a chain around their neck like Flava Flav.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    As nice as it would be to have WebOS on something like the iPad, I'd rather see them spend the R&D $ on shoving the iPad stats (1GHz CPU, gfx, ram, etc) in something the size of the current Pre. The iPad stats are what I expected in the next iPhone, not something the size of the iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    That's really too bad.

The problem with Apple's take is the OS. (The name isn't helping matters either).

WebOS multitasking on a similar device? Yes please.

Palm has a huge opening here, no matter the device. It's readily apparent to me Apple is running out of steam on the innovation side.
    Yeah, they're probably running out of steam on the innovation because Palm has all the people that were pumping out the good stuff at Apple over on their side now haha.

While I think a WebOS tablet would be awesome, it wouldn't work at the current state of WebOS. The place that apple has a good head start on is the area of images, editing, writing documents, "powerpoint" like software, etc. If I'm understanding correctly, iWork is just that.

I can't imagine Palm having that kind of arsenal anytime soon, but I can hope we get there one day.

There's definitely hope though when we look at how WebOS has grown (in the time it's been out) and the direction and the potential it has.

Now if only Verizon would advertise the phones so they can get some extra capital to help out development and maybe have their refresh of the phones utilize some really good hardware and durability.
    Ill pass on any type of slate. I really dont see why the future is moving towards this. I can understand the lack of physical keyboard on a mobile phone but something thats supposed to replace a laptop?? thats a joke to me. Even an old laptop will run circles around a slate when it comes to actually getting **** done

yall gonna buy a screen protector for that big *** ipod touch?? lol
    All I gotta say is... Newton 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast