USB 3.0
    Bluetooth 3.0
    Video I/O
    Audio I/O

7.2"x4.7"x0.4"
    0,5-0,6 pounds
    >20h battery life.

Jon, surprice us!
    I would perfer that webOS fits in my pocket.
    I would like a pPad.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archipelagos View Post
    I'm waiting for:

7,4" 960x640 OLED
    5MPixels rotating webcam
    dual LED flash
    OMAP 4 @1GHz (I could see it more being the 720MHz OMAP4)
    Memory Cards Slot

webOS 2.0
    multi-touch interface

Accelerometer
    Ambient light sensor

media Player
    eBooks Reader (If palm is smart they would get Amazon to make a Kindle app)
    Game Console
    office productivity apps (Maybe that is what Dataviz is working on but I think we know the real reason why it is taking them so long.)
    internet apps

GPS
    Digital compass

Wi-Fi
    UMTS 3G-3.5G SIM slot (Seeing how they launched the Pre and Pixi, I would imagine they would make a WiMAX tablet for Sprint. Then a HSPA one or even LTE)
    USB 3.0
    Bluetooth 3.0
    Video I/O
    Audio I/O

7.2"x4.7"x0.4"
    0,5-0,6 pounds
    >20h battery life.

Jon, surprice us!
    Personally I do think palm has a tablet/slate in the works. It might not be their next device, but they are probably working on one. If you read their old blog post from Ed Colligan when they canceled the foleo here, Ed says:

Jeff Hawkins and I still believe that the market category defined by Foleo has enormous potential. When we do Foleo II it will be based on our new platform, and we think it will deliver on the promise of this new category. We're not going to speculate now on timing for a next Foleo, we just know we need to get our core platform and smartphones done first.
    The "new platform" is of course webos which he described before in the earlier paragraphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by archipelagos View Post
    I'm waiting for:

7,4" 960x640 OLED
    5MPixels rotating webcam
    dual LED flash
    OMAP 4 @1GHz
    Memory Cards Slot

webOS 2.0
    multi-touch interface

Accelerometer
    Ambient light sensor

media Player
    eBooks Reader
    Game Console
    office productivity apps
    internet apps

GPS
    Digital compass

Wi-Fi
    UMTS 3G-3.5G SIM slot
    USB 3.0
    Bluetooth 3.0
    Video I/O
    Audio I/O

7.2"x4.7"x0.4"
    0,5-0,6 pounds
    >20h battery life.

Jon, surprice us!
    Make that a 9" screen and color e-ink with back light (the next gen that can do video) and you have yourself a customer!
    My 18 yr old plunked down his hard earned money for an iPad yesterday and it is pretty nice. He's planning on using it at college so he doesn't have to lug his laptop to and from class. He's hopeful he'll be able to have his textbooks on it too. For this purpose it's a pretty good device. I've played with it a little and keep wanting to swipe and flick!

WebOS would be unreal on a device like this especially if Flash and a full Docs2go were implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Chaos View Post
    I would perfer that webOS fits in my pocket.
    Absolutely! iPad's in the laptop category for mine, not PDA/smartphone
    Quote Originally Posted by evilduckster View Post
    I would love to see it, but IMHO I dont see it happening really soon
    Me neither... Dion Almaer one of Palm Developer Relation Director is getting an iPad! IF Palm had one in the work (in any usable form) I guess he wouldn't need to grab it's competitor product!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    The I-pad and the TamPalm
    Sorry couldn't help it
    that just made my day ahaha
    I don't see it happening but i would like one but with a keyboard because I'm always surfing the web on the couch while watching TV and i would use something like this over my laptop with dimensions like a piece of paper (11x8.5)

Just my 2 cents
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    the inside and the os doesn't matter for many people as long as they got that f'ing apple on their device. it's like the stockholm syndrom. (iphone is a great phone but not the best, ipod is a great mp3 player but not the best., and both is way overpriced)
    there is some truth to this but.

The "OS" may not matter to most people but a major selling point of apple products is the easy user interface. See tech nerds care about an OS. Regular people want stuff to be easy to use. if by insides you mean the cpu. I agree there too. doesn't really matter to the vast majority of people. And that's where a lot of palm users screw up. Cause for consumer products those things are much less important then the whole package you provide. Like Ford or Hyundai may make a car that best Lexus in features but the entire package of great service, long warranty, status all make a Lexus much more appealing to some buyers. "Best" is inherently subjective. Minidisc may sound better then 128 bit mp3s. Beta may be better then vhs. Nobody cared.
    I don't think so.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I would love to see a Palm tablet. I don't think we will see one, but it doesn't hurt to wish!
    As much as I would love for a Palm tablet, it won't happen. Palm needs to push whatever the C40 is into the hands of consumers and then worry about what they're going to do next.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I would rather have a pico projector on my palm pre. just set it up and then use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to surf the web.
    One day an all-in-one device will be created, something of a hybrid tv, computer, phone that fits in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Apps are really going to have to improve for a webOS tablet to sell. Who wants a tablet that has no real document editor but 30 different fart noise apps?

That said, the idea really intrigues me. I'm all for it, but right now I'd go for the iPad or an Android-based tablet for the apps available (provided there is multitasking).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123