1.    #1  
    This might be a well-known thing not at all related to the treo but a more general PalmOS thing (I remember hearing something similar), but i figured I'd ask.

I was just idly playing with my treo, flipping it closed/open, not always closed all the way, back open, etc., you know, just twiddling it around, when i looked down and saw on the speed dial screen an animated oceanliner float across the screen (right over the speed dial buttons) from right to left.

Is this a known easter egg? it sounds familiar but a quick search around didn't yield anything.
    hey! Cool! Are you sure it was an ocean liner? could it have been a taxi (which is a known easter egg)...

Let us know if you can reproduce it!
  3.    #3  
    it was definitely a ship of some kind, not a taxi. but you're right, the taxi easter egg was the one i was thinking of.

i have been wholly unable to reproduce it, however, as i had no idea what i was doing at the time i originally invoked it (i was just kind of flipping the lid up and down idly and maybe a fingertip brushed a keyboard key or the screen, i can't recall).

Originally posted by septimus
    hey! Cool! Are you sure it was an ocean liner? could it have been a taxi (which is a known easter egg)...

Let us know if you can reproduce it!
    Well, I turned on the easter egg in the general prefs, but no amount of lid flipping in the phone book app did anything for me. I'm eager to learn how to make this one show up!

"I wanna easter egg! I wanna easter egg!" ;-)

On another note, I noticed that hitting the space bar in a call activated the speaker phone (and turns it off when pressed again). It'll be nice to not have to touch the screen to switch to speakerphone mode. Am I just slow, or is this news to anyone?
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    On another note, I noticed that hitting the space bar in a call activated the speaker phone (and turns it off when pressed again). It'll be nice to not have to touch the screen to switch to speakerphone mode. Am I just slow, or is this news to anyone?
    You're slow, but we love you anyway!

I saw this in a post a while back, absolutely a cool feature.

Paul
    Originally posted by Paul Penny

You're slow, but we love you anyway!

I saw this in a post a while back, absolutely a cool feature.

Paul
    Cool! (From another slow Treo owner )
    Jeff
    I just followed the directions for the Taxi easter egg at http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=755 and it actually was a ship, not a taxi! I guess Handspring decided to change this for us.
  8.    #8  
    i have a keyboard 180.

Thus, I can't follow the instructions to invoke the taxicab as it involves draggin the stylus through the graffiti area. However, this line in the link you posted is likely what did it:

" What's interesting about this egg is that if you leave the easter egg active sometimes the Taxi will drive across the screen at random intervals for no apparent reason."

I looked in my general prefs and the easter egg was active (I don't remember doing this, but it's possible i did and forgot), so I guess i just happened to look down at the treo at one of the "random intervals" mentioned above.

Originally posted by imuffin
    I just followed the directions for the Taxi easter egg at http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=755 and it actually was a ship, not a taxi! I guess Handspring decided to change this for us.
    Handspring likes to change the easter egg around.

In the 3.1 OS Visors, it was a Taxi
    In the 3.5 OS Visors, it was a Sports Car
    In the Treo, it's an Oceanliner

What's next!?
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro