1.    #1  
    Just bought my pre plus yesturday, went home played around with and let it fully charge overnight. Woke up this morning, 100% charged and unplugged it at 6:00am and left for work. It is currently 8:30am and it has 51% left and falling fast! Wondering if this is an issue specific to me, or something endemic to the pre plus? Any response would be appreciated!

just as a note, i left 2-3 cards open including messages and email since 6:00 as of the writing of this post, if it makes a difference...
    Last edited by streetskooler; 01/26/2010 at 10:37 AM.
    From one of the original users -

some programs EAT battery life - navigation is one of them. Pushing your e-mail is another. Do a search on this site for battery saving tips. good luck.
    I assume you let the battery charge down 1 full cycle at least?
    If not please do so.

Please make sure that all the GPS services are turned off until you need them (you can find this in location services)

I assume your screen brightness is already fairly low or medium but if cranked up, turn that down also.

For email, set email to push (and you might want to delete and re-add accounts); if you have something like yahoo email or hotmail (do people still use hotmail?) you might want to take that one off for now.

Then let the battery charge all the way down and back up to 100% for a few cycles and then come back and let us know how you are doing.
  4.    #4  
    wow thanks everyone for the quick responses! sorry for not searching the forums fist but I kinda freaked out when I saw my battery almost drained in 2.5 hours. Well anyway my battery is down to 25% so I had to turn it off until I get home. I turned email updates to every 6 hours so hopefully that will solve my problem. My phone seems to be running very warm, not sure why though. I just may have to invest in a bigger battery if this is going to be a permanent problem. Although I already bought a touchstone so that would be bummer not to be able to use.
    Having Wifi enable is also currently an issue for some PRE owners.

You can also try disabling that if you are seeing 15 - 20% battery drain per hour while the phone is idle.
    I too have a new pre plus. Ran it hard yesterday, then my kids took it for a spin. I recharged it at 48% around 5. Hit it early this morning for about 4 hours and have about 80% left. Location, wi-fi and email is on (every 30 mins for an update.) also using chapura to sync with outlook.

So don't give in yet, the battery life isn't great but yours seems terrible.
    If you have a usb cable at work that will fit you can charge on your computer.

Good luck

Neil
    @Streetsckooler you could also be in a very bad reception area. I have a Pre on Sprint but in the building I work I have terrible reception. So, if I'm in an area where I am jupping back and forth from Sprint to roaming my battery gets chewed up in a hurry. So keep that in mind.
    [QUOTE=streetskooler;2178813]wow thanks everyone for the quick responses! sorry for not searching the forums fist but I kinda freaked out when I saw my battery almost drained in 2.5 hours. Well anyway my battery is down to 25% so I had to turn it off until I get home. I turned email updates to every 6 hours so hopefully that will solve my problem. My phone seems to be running very warm, not sure why though. I just may have to invest in a bigger battery if this is going to be a permanent problem. Although I already bought a touchstone so that would be bummer not to be able to use.[/j]

If your phone is constantly warm, then there is a program constantly running. It's not always easy to track down which, but usually it does involve Location service (GPS).

I use Quick System Tasks to turn my GPS/WIFI/DATA on and off when I need them, and this saves a lot of battery life. (Note - this sometimes confuses GPS, and I need to dial ##477# to reset GPS fix.) It's also true that the battery life starts to even itself out after a few cycles, at least in my experience.

So - turn your screen brightness down to a comfortable level, turn off GPS (or data/wifi) when you don't need them, and check to see which programs still draw power when minimized. You will find a routine that works well for you. I can usually go 2 days before I have to charge up again, unless I'm doing a lot of heavy surfing, etc.