Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    so, I have had my pre since day 1. When update issues and problems came out,I stood by palm and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Sure enough, palm and the development community came through with outstanding solutions. One thing that I have been waiting for is to be able to use my slingbox from my pre.

    with the new palm pre plus, you have flash, and also, the ability to use your phone as a wifi router without hacks. The bluetooth is upgraded as well.

    so, what I am getting at is why has palm abandoned their original loyal customers and leaving them out when it comes to the newest features and functionality of the pre??

    I'm not mad or anything, just wanting to see how everyone else sees this issue.. Am I wrong? Will the first gen pre stay up with the new plus??
  2. drizek's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #2  
    We get flash too, and we get a new pre in 6 months that is better than the Plus. Stop whining.
  3. #3  
    we get flash too, they don't have it yet either. The app is just an app, verizon customers have to pay $40.00 a month to use the mobile hot spot tethering, and this is the first I've heard of an upgraded bluetooth.
  4. #4  
    upgraded bluetooth? Link please.....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    so, I have had my pre since day 1. When update issues and problems came out,I stood by palm and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Sure enough, palm and the development community came through with outstanding solutions. One thing that I have been waiting for is to be able to use my slingbox from my pre.

    with the new palm pre plus, you have flash, and also, the ability to use your phone as a wifi router without hacks. The bluetooth is upgraded as
    Wow, where are you getting all of this? All Pres get flash, the router costs $40/month, and I don't think the BT has changed.
  6. #6  
    and if you buy an electronic device, expect it to be upgraded within a year with new features. Development teams don't sleep...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    We get flash too, and we get a new pre in 6 months that is better than the Plus. Stop whining.
    I'm not whining driz

    Palm Pre Users Get The Shaft ~ IT Professionals

    yes, supposedly, all pres will be flash compatible soon..

    from what I hear, since the plam pre plus does not have the track ball at the bottom of the pre face, that is now integrated with webOS. That supposedly is out in webOS update 1.4, but I have heard also that the old pres will get update 1.3.5.2 next..

    why would they start to release two simltanious versions that are at different stages..

    the bluetooth is a better form in the pre plus because you can network with it. Hopefully this is just a software update instead of hardware..

    anyhoo, I'm glad to see that others would be concernned too if plam just disregarded their og customers.

    excited to see what is comming next..
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 01/26/2010 at 03:58 AM.
  8. #8  
    I really don't know where you get your infos but they are totally wrong. First all webos devices will get webos 1.4, hopefully at the same time worldwide, that's what they said. Flssh will come to all palm devices.

    the wifi router is a software update vzw users pa 40 dollars for, and you can use freetether or mytether homebrew o the same effect. Sprint doesn't have it because sprint won't allow tethering, you can still do it but they don't like it. O2 on the other hand does free tethering, bit didn't get the mhs solution, europe got bluetooth tetherong with 1.3.5.2.

    your infos are seriously mixed up
  9. #9  
    and also, there is no trackball on the pre...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    I really don't know where you get your infos but they are totally wrong. First all webos devices will get webos 1.4, hopefully at the same time worldwide, that's what they said. Flssh will come to all palm devices.

    the wifi router is a software update vzw users pa 40 dollars for, and you can use freetether or mytether homebrew o the same effect. Sprint doesn't have it because sprint won't allow tethering, you can still do it but they don't like it. O2 on the other hand does free tethering, bit didn't get the mhs solution, europe got bluetooth tetherong with 1.3.5.2.

    your infos are seriously mixed up
    I'm just posting what I have seen.. No need to bash buddy.. And I know is not a trackball... Just didn't know what to call that button since it seems like palm wanted it to be a trackball, but didn't.. Whatever button that is called...

    geeze ppl chillax!!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I'm just posting what I have seen.. No need to bash buddy.. And I know is not a trackball... Just didn't know what to call that button since it seems like palm wanted it to be a trackball, but didn't.. Whatever button that is called...

    geeze ppl chillax!!
    How do you expect people to respond when you provide wrong information?
  12. #12  
    Beyond the reasons stated by others... its like no one has ever watched a hardware release before. Early adopters get the crude version, next release is better, forever and always.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I'm just posting what I have seen.. No need to bash buddy.. And I know is not a trackball... Just didn't know what to call that button since it seems like palm wanted it to be a trackball, but didn't.. Whatever button that is called...

    geeze ppl chillax!!
    I suggest that you find a new source for your Palm news. Your information was really screwed up.

    No one is bashing you. They are merely correcting the misinformation you've posted.

    PreCentral is the best place to get information concerning webOS. Although other blog sites might get a scoop now and then, they are not dedicated to Palm news and their editors are often not as up to speed on what is plausible/responsible reporting.

    The users on the PreCentral forums are actual users of the Pre/Pixi and know more about how they work than posters on any other forums.

    webOS 1.4 will come to all Pre & Pixi devices. The bluetooth on the Plus models is no different than the original models. O2 in Europe enabled bluetooth tethering on their version of the Pre running webOS 1.3.5.2. That's not the result of "better" bluetooth. That's just the carrier/operator exercising their option to enable a feature that Sprint chose to disable. There are Homebrew options to enable it.

    Flash will come to the Pre and Pre Plus "soon" according to Palm's announcement at CES. Presently, neither device has it.

    The button on the bottom of the Pre is not a trackball. It's just a button. It's functionality is reproduced exactly on the Pixi, Pre Plus, and Pixi Plus. There is no difference at all other than it is a touch-sensitive area on the face of the device instead of a phyical button. Nothing has been lost. In fact, it's an improvement because without the physical button, the potential cracks that some users have reported coming from the button area now can't happen.

    Your conclusions (or those of your source) about Palm abandoning anyone with these improvements are faulty. Any tech device is going to get improvements. Most of the time manufacturers just move on and early adopters DO get the shaft (upgrade or be left behind). In Palm's case, they have been very good about updates to webOS. While not everyone has had access to those updates (because of their respective carriers), at least Palm is working on providing for ALL their customers.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 01/26/2010 at 05:21 PM.
  14.    #14  
    I appreciate everyone that has posted on this topic, I was just posting an article here that I ran across to get y'alls opinion about it. It worked perfectly, I know that precentral is the best place to get current info about webos.

    anyhoo,I do not think that 1st gen pre owners will get the shaft, I am sure that all of the functionality will be preserved.

    still excited to see what comes next, cause we all know that it will be good!!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    anyhoo,I do not think that 1st gen pre owners will get the shaft, I am sure that all of the functionality will be preserved.

    still excited to see what comes next, cause we all know that it will be good!!
    Really? Aren't you the same person who said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    so, what I am getting at is why has palm abandoned their original loyal customers and leaving them out when it comes to the newest features and functionality of the pre??
    Hmmm. That seems pretty contradictory to me.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Really? Aren't you the same person who said this:



    Hmmm. That seems pretty contradictory to me.
    yep, that was me.. It is just to strike conversation about the subject. I didn't see any feeds discussing this before, just was trying to strike conversation. Again, thanks to all that have posted, and i'm really not wanting to argue about this. I posted a LINK to an article that I ran across in the internet. I was just trying to see what ppl would say about it.

    later
  17. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #17  
    lol I feel like this thread was made to scare off potential pre owners...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    lol I feel like this thread was made to scare off potential pre owners...
    If one thread can scare off potential Pre owners then I suggest that people do more research when looking into the pre.. Research that they can do here.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    lol I feel like this thread was made to scare off potential pre owners...
    I did not post anything to scare anyone, just posted something that I ran across.

    thanks again to all
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 01/29/2010 at 04:05 AM.
  20. Farowyn68's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #20  
    great

Posting Permissions