Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Last night I was minding my own business, surfing the web in my brand new Treo and all of the sudden (after no significant event) the solid red light illuminated and my call dropped. Thinking it was a normal dropped call I tried to log back on, but my light stayed red all night (blinking). After driving around hoping to hit a few different cell towers I determined something was wrong. I called Voicestream and they immediately transferred me to Handspring. The guy admitted that it was a known problem and would send me a replacement unit. This is just a FYI in case anyone experience the same problem, donít hold on to the phone just get it replaced.
    Last edited by yeaidid; 04/08/2002 at 10:11 AM.
    odd. Did you try turning off wireless mode and then turning it back on? How about removing the SIM card for a few seconds..

...I guess I haven't had a data call of more than five minutes, so perhaps there is something here!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I turned it off and on many times, I did both a soft and hard reset and removed the SIM card all before calling Voicestream. The Tech didnít spend any time trying to troubleshoot the problem, he stated that it was a know issue and he was instructed to send out the replacement unit. The call only lasted a few minutes. I hope this fixes the problem, because I was beginning to get attached to this little thing, especially the data calls. Iíve own both the Kyocera and the Samsung smartphone and the Treo blows both of them away loading webpages (maybe itís a GSM thing)
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    ...I guess I haven't had a data call of more than five minutes, so perhaps there is something here!
    I have, so not all Treos do it all the time. yeaidid, sorry to hear that yours did that.
    Jeff
    yuck. Did you have a 1st generation (small letters on the keyboard) or a 2nd generation (big letters) treo?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Iím not sure because I donít have another Treo to measure it against. Now my problem appears to be intermittent because I now have a flashing green light, however it keeps toggling back and forth (Voicestream problem?) Iím going to still accept the new Treo to see if there is a difference, hopefully the new one will have the longer battery life.
    Originally posted by yeaidid
    Iím not sure because I donít have another Treo to measure it against.

a better way to check is to see if you have an app called "language picker" by using the launcher's "info" utility or by using a 3rd party file manager. If you got it, it's the now one, if you don't, it ain't.
    Now my problem appears to be intermittent because I now have a flashing green light, however it keeps toggling back and forth (Voicestream problem?)
    Frankly, it might be a SIM Card connection problem. that's what mine was. Ah, well, good that you're getting the replacement.
    Iím going to still accept the new Treo to see if there is a difference, hopefully the new one will have the longer battery life.
    Mine does!
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Iím going to still accept the new Treo to see if there is a difference, hopefully the new one will have the longer battery life.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine does!
    Hey dietrichbohn,

One major problem down, one to go! Are you experiencing an echo problem with the new 2nd gen Treo?
    Originally posted by uncledrunkle
    One major problem down, one to go!

Well, standby is better, talktime is still the same
    Are you experiencing an echo problem with the new 2nd gen Treo?
    I never had it with the first...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Well Iím truly a happy camper (for now). My replacement Treo arrived (via next day shipping), and I am able to connect and stay connected to the network. If you are experiencing the same problems that I was, I suggest getting your Treo replaced, because I could tell the difference in my new one right away.