Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it true that Sprint really does offer Unlimited Palm Pre/Pixi data? When I called
    Sprint to ask about my data usage; the woman told me that the data usage is Unlimited. That the 5GB cap-limit is only for modem cards. I just want to double check, because customer care reps can be wrong. But she did tell me that I had used 4 Million kilobytes of data, and that I had 999 million kilobytes of data left.

yes but please dont post in all bold its like youre screaming
    yes unlimited down

however upload text data costs 25 per bolded character
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    yes unlimited down

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Is it true that Sprint really does offer Unlimited Palm Pre/Pixi data? When I called
    Sprint to ask about my data usage; the woman told me that the data usage is Unlimited. That the 5GB cap-limit is only for modem cards. I just want to double check, because customer care reps can be wrong. But she did tell me that I had used 4 Million kilobytes of data, and that I had 999 million kilobytes of data left.

completely unlimited i called and asked the same thing and i also went into a sprint store and asked a tech there as well
    yes unlimited down

Now thats funny!!
  7.    #7  

I use larger lettering by habit and I prefer writing posts like that. Yelling would be if I used all caps.

Thanks for answering my question though. Sprint used to offer unlimited data, but changed things as their network took on problems from overuse. But is's good to know that the 5GB cap isn't in place for Smart-Devices. I still won't go crazy, but it's nice to know Sprint won't punish me for using data.

I personally don't care either way, but your letters don't appear any larger (ie if you had used a higher font) It only appears you are using bold. Bold is generally used to emphasis a specific word or words and not used for the whole statement.
    I love lamp!
    Palm prē-ist.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I personally don't care either way, but your letters don't appear any larger (ie if you had used a higher font) It only appears you are using bold. Bold is generally used to emphasis a specific word or words and not used for the whole statement.

I know. I have OCD that comes from my Tourette's, and I get stuck in a set mindset. So I don't mean to offend anyone; I am just so used to posting like this. But for replies I won't use all bold anymore. I will only used Bold when I'm first posting a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I know. I have OCD that comes from my Tourette's, and I get stuck in a set mindset. So I don't mean to offend anyone; I am just so used to posting like this. But for replies I won't use all bold anymore. I will only used Bold when I'm first posting a thread.

thats neighborly of you, habits can be difficult to break at times,

anyway, as stated the answer is you have unlimited. I have done 7gb one month (without tether, pure on device data devouring) and didn't get so much as a bolded txt line from sprint.
    There are four lights.
  12.    #12  
    thats neighborly of you, habits can be difficult to break at times,

anyway, as stated the answer is you have unlimited. I have done 7gb one month (without tether, pure on device data devouring) and didn't get so much as a bolded txt line from sprint.
    I'm glad that Sprint is doing this. When I had both Verizon and AT&T, I had to monitor what I was doing data wise. And I left Verizon because they jacked up their data and ETF's. So it's nice knowing I can watch videos and listen to streaming radio without having to worry about Sprint charging me for overages. I just hope Sprint keeps it this way and doesn't get greedy like the other carriers I have been with had.

Thanks for everyones help!
    Yes the data is unlimited on the phones. Just don't go crazy and use a 100GB tethering now. :P As long as people are not abusing it, they will be able to offer this.
    Question: How much do bold green letters cost?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    There's a discount on those in the first quarter of 2010. They're only 5 a character. =) Haha.
    Data's unlimited, but....

If you consistently go over 5GB Sprint is going to look real closely at what you're doing. If they think you're tethering, your contract will be history.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Data's unlimited, but....

If you consistently go over 5GB Sprint is going to look real closely at what you're doing. If they think you're tethering, your contract will be history.
    your contract won't be history just like that..... they will warn you first.
    Unlimited = 5GB cap!

They will talk to you to find out what you are doing!

Rob

PS Suggestion: Do a google search on unlimited data plans on cellular networks, are they really unlimited!

This is what I found when I did a search on the topic, this is Sprint's statement:

Data Usage Limitation (Mobile Broadband Cards, USB Modems, Embedded Modems and Phone-As-Modem): The amount of data transmitted over our network is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    That's totally funny! Only thing I know for certain is that BIG RED letters cost the most (and they charge extra for punctuation and special characters)!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Unlimited = 5GB cap!

They will talk to you to find out what you are doing!

Rob

PS Suggestion: Do a google search on unlimited data plans on cellular networks, are they really unlimited!

This is what I found when I did a search on the topic, this is Sprint's statement:

Data Usage Limitation (Mobile Broadband Cards, USB Modems, Embedded Modems and Phone-As-Modem): The amount of data transmitted over our network is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB.

Rob
    Just remember, the original intent of this thread was whether or not the Pre had unlimited data. It does, with no 5gb cap. If you choose to circumvent that by tethering, and use more than 5gb, you might get charged for it, but that too is unlikely.

In bold, you see it says nothing about using the Internet through the phone. Truely unlimited, unless you do any of the bolded activities.

By the way, I didn't bold my whole statement, so I should get a discount, right?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast