Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    After many hours of pros/cons I opted to purchase a Treo and plan to sell my Palm i705. My battery is charged, set up is complete and Im ready to go but I have just one question Whats next???? Im familiar with the Palm platform but this is my first Handspring product, so far Im not dissapointed. Is there a tips and tricks page posted anywhere? Is there a way to switch to the main page without hitting the little blue button? Thanks in advance and I hope to be a faithful contributer to this board once I figure out what Im doing.
    Yo dude!

Welcome to the boards. Take a look around aroung the Treo 180 and Treo General boards for tips on tricks on using your Treo. You should also be able to find some useful information at www.treomb.com.

Here are my tip:

*Read the tutorial on their web site..its very good.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks! After staying up till 3 AM this morning *YAWN* I did discover and installed Treobutton, so that took care of my initial issue. My biggest fear in going with the Treo was the battery life everyone was complaining about but no problem there as yet, so far the Treo is getting an A+. Ill go to the site you suggested. Thanks again.
    Originally posted by yeaidid
    After many hours of pros/cons I opted to purchase a Treo and plan to sell my Palm i705. My battery is charged, set up is complete and Im ready to go but I have just one question Whats next???? Im familiar with the Palm platform but this is my first Handspring product, so far Im not dissapointed. Is there a tips and tricks page posted anywhere? Is there a way to switch to the main page without hitting the little blue button? Thanks in advance and I hope to be a faithful contributer to this board once I figure out what Im doing.
    What made you switch from the i705?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Mainly because I went to Best Buy when I heard they had the Treo and saw how small it was. The ad pictures doesnt do the size justice, the thought of going from two devices to one small device was worth the plung (even having to switch from Nextel to Voicestream was worth it even thought the jury is still out on VS). The i705 is a wonderful device, however I had to carry it everywhere I went (i.e. the movies) and that was getting on my nerves. I was paying $40 for the Palm service plus $79 for the Nextel service, with VS I opted for the $59.99 package which includes 3000 anytime minutes (no long distance :-( ) a savings of about $50 a month and I can carry my Treo everywhere without looking like Batman with his utility belt on. I do miss the PQA aps and the instant notification of emails however the SMS feature should suffice. So far I do not regret the change however I havent had my Treo 24 hours yet, but so far so good.
    You can use pQAs on the Treo. Search the boards for "PQA". I am sure that it won't be long before we have instant notification of email. ...especially when the GPRS upgrade becomes available.
    well, you can sort of use PQA's - Surewave's browser isn't compatible with the main ones I want to use (ESPN) and I have yet to successfully get the appropriate libs off the Palm VII or find the CD with the MIK that came with my m500 (who knew I'd need it?)
    There are a few files that you would need to install to the Treo to use PQA. There is really no need for the PQA browser. There is a site that tell users how to add PQA to devices that weren;rt designed to handle it. DO a search for "web clippings" at www.google.com to see what you come up with.
    Try this link for PQAs and more information.
    Experience is what happens when something unexpected comes up.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info on the PQA's I got them working first time at bat.