View Poll Results: Do you use a screen protector with your Treo?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - it's necessary

34 60.71%
  • No - no need for a protector

22 39.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I put a screen protector on my Treo after I first got it. I needed it because I used my stylus a lot then.

But now I have Switcheroo, Powerjog, Easy Launch, and Treo Button all installed. With these programs, and after spending some time on the keyboard, I find I don't hardly use the stylus on the screen at all, except for taps I can do with my finger. I took the protector off.

Does the Treo really need a screen protector? Let's be honest - the visibility on all b/w screens aren't the brightest. The screen protector just makes it worse.
    Well, sortof.

I've had mine for a month with nary a screen scratch. I just received my puplemoo protectors I ordered a couple of weeks ago. They fit with no mods.

My pet peeve is how smudged the screen gets without a protector when using my finger a lot. I'll see if this makes it better - with past devices it did.

I also applied a second protector to the outside of the flip window (which also fits perfectly) - I'm more concerned about scratches on it than I am on the screen...

Paul
    I got screen protectors on both the Outside glass thingie and the display. I refuse to use any PDA (that I own) without the screen protected.
    Originally posted by yardie
    I got screen protectors on both the Outside glass thingie and the display. I refuse to use any PDA (that I own) without the screen protected.
    Did everyone yank off their original plastic covers for the inside and outside flip?

As far as the screen goes, I'm using a cropped writeRight and use my finger tips instead of the stylus most of the times.
    Nothing is impossible, just mathematically improbable.

-Entrapment(Sean Connery)
    Originally posted by Paul Penny
    Well, sortof.

I've had mine for a month with nary a screen scratch. I just received my puplemoo protectors I ordered a couple of weeks ago. They fit with no mods.

Paul

I'm looking for a screen protector for my treo. I would prefer one which does'nt need any cropping. Where do I get these puple moo protectors ?

Are there any other protectors which fits well without any cropping ? Where can I get it ?
    Try http://www.purplemoo.com/, they have Treo protectors.
    I used my Palm V for three years without protection and the screen's still fine. Are you guys using razors or something as stylii?
    Originally posted by jwardell
    I used my Palm V for three years without protection and the screen's still fine. Are you guys using razors or something as stylii?
    And I thought that little screwdriver was so darn handy!

Actually I just ordered some Purplemoo also but they will be for the flip window. I use "The Clip" to carry the little gadget around which offers NO finish protection at all. I'm not worried about the finish at all (let the flaming begin ;-) but the function of the window is of great concern.

I gotta keep this baby in decent shape for when I give it to the wife when the 270 comes out

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Yes it is absolutely necessary.
    Sorry Herberman it took me a while to get back to you on this one,,,,, it took me 7 years to make up my mind.
    I had one on my Treos but none on my Centro.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    no
    LOL...this is an old thread...but no I haven't on any of my devices. I'm a heavy touchscrean user and find the protector limits my view. Never had a problem with scatches either.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Yes, I use BoxWave screen protectors. I try to keep my electronic devices as mint as possible, and the screen is critical to keep not only clean but scratch free, since it is a touch screen and scratches, etc. can damage it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I'm sure I agree w/many people, ascreen protecter IS neccesary. scratches, wear&tear, man there are many more reason's than I can type. But putting one one & how to put one on is very trickey, (actually splitting the case is the best way even though your phone company doesn't appprove), so again for many reasons, YES, screen protecters are a must, regardlwss of their High costs for a thin piece of plastic.
    zagg.com
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD

I have bought about 7 or 8 of their shields. I have a full body on my Centro and just the screen on my wifes and moms. They dont have the haze that most have and once their on, their not going to move around and peel up off the screen. i touch my screen with my finger, nail, key, what ever. Its not going to damage the screen. I have the same shield on my wifes and moms iPods. Make sure to have a new antistatic cloth before you start.
    I've tried both InvisibleSheild and Bodyguardz on a device and I must say, I think this TC review is pretty much on point with that I discovered myself. Although I think the Bodyguardz is just a little thinner than the InvisibleSheild. After trying both, I'll stick with Bodyguardz.

The higher clarity with Bodyguardz is unmistakable. And Bodyguardz takes the time to detail where each piece goes in a diagram that comes with the Bodyguardz. InvisibleSheild kind of leaves it to the installer to guess where the pieces fit and depending on the device it's not always an easy guess for every piece.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    There really is no need - it's like keeping the plastic covers on furniture, or putting down newspaper on your carpet, it just spoils the experience for no benefit (except making you look like a cheap nerd).
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I couldn't imagine using a palm without one. Had them on the Vx, and all the way to the 755. In fact, I also won't use any case but one with a complete plastic front to protect it.

I know, overkill.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    I'm sure usage is a factor, but now that I use devices with flush screens I'd rather have some coverage. I never used them when using Treos that had recessed screens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast