Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've really liked using BugMe on my other palm-devices to jot down a quick note. However, I find it is a hassle to actually remove the stylus and write the note. With the keyboard, it is easier, and just as fast, to open up Wordsmith (or memopad) and type in the note.

Anyone still use BugMe?
    I still use BugMe but wish there was a setting to force it to default to the keyboard. It is a little bit of a pain to have to pull the stylus and select the keyboard for text entry.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by riverbruce
    I still use BugMe but wish there was a setting to force it to default to the keyboard.
    You're right - that would be the best way to work it. Maybe we'll get an update.
    Originally posted by heberman
    I've really liked using BugMe on my other palm-devices to jot down a quick note. However, I find it is a hassle to actually remove the stylus and write the note. With the keyboard, it is easier, and just as fast, to open up Wordsmith (or memopad) and type in the note.

Anyone still use BugMe?
    I use it as lot, but I use my fingernail to write and I almost always use it to remind me of something in, say, 30 minutes.
    Jeff
    I still use BugMe but wish there was a setting to force it to default to the keyboard. It is a little bit of a pain to have to pull the stylus and select the keyboard for text entry.
    Actually you can just start using the keyboard in BugMe! and it will automatically switch to text input mode, saving you that extra step...

Cheers,
    Iain
    electricpocket.com
    There is also the option of the beta Pixer from the same company who wrote BugMe - http://www.electricpocket.com/products/pixer.html
    Iian,

Indeed, when I first installed BugMe and typed on the keyboard it would automatically start typing but about a month ago it ceased to do that. Now I must manually select it. Do you know what the problem might be?

Bruce
    www.riverontheweb.com

Indeed, when I first installed BugMe and typed on the keyboard it would automatically start typing but about a month ago it ceased to do that. Now I must manually select it. Do you know what the problem might be?

Bruce
    Erm, no, I've no idea why that would have suddenly stopped working. Its actually one of the original features of BugMe! that it would switch to text input mode when any text was entered by Graffiti, written long before adding keyboards was thought of I'd think!

I guess you could try a delete and reinstall, but otherwise I'm not sure what to suggest. Sorry
    I haven't used BugMe on the Treo, but did get a freeware utility called DiddleBug 2.15... It's working great for those times when I want to jot down something directly on the screen then have it remind me in, say 5 or 10 minutes.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled BugME but to no avail. I still must manually choose the keyboard. I sure wish I knew what was causing this. Guess I'll try Diddlebug.
    www.riverontheweb.com

BugME! using the keyboard has been working great for me.
    I just downloaded the Demo of BugMe to see if I could get it to work with the keyboard and I'm happy to say that it does work. DiddleBug does not have keyboard support that I'm aware of....although it does do the trick for quick stylus input and alarms.
    Keyboard isn't working for me, either, until I manually select text mode. So I'm in the same boat as Bruce.

Paul
    Last edited by Paul Penny; 04/10/2002 at 03:23 PM.
    Paul... I better start looking for a tandem kayak.

Seriously, I wonder if perhaps we can figure this thing out. As far as hacks go, I'm only running two; PowerButton and EasyLaunch. I do have TreoButton running but of course thats not a hack. The rest are just misc. 3rd party apps.
    www.riverontheweb.com

15.    #15  
    Seriously, I wonder if perhaps we can figure this thing out. As far as hacks go, I'm only running two; PowerButton and EasyLaunch. I do have TreoButton running but of course thats not a hack. The rest are just misc. 3rd party apps.
    The keyboard works for me, and I have Treobutton, Easylauch, Switcheroo, and Crash. I also have the original Treo/older rom.
    Old ROM original Treo here too. X-Master with Backlight Hack CLock Pop and GreenLight Hack....Also have TreoButton installed...BugMe works.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    No Hacks.

"Newer" software

Bug Me (3.5) will not "default" to text entry.
    I have an "old" Treo, my only active hack is Switcheroo, and BugMe Messenger V 2.2c will automatically insert text if I hit the "new doc" button then start typing.
    Jeff
    Older Treo. No hacks. BugME! 3.70f (mapped to a button). Works fine with keyboard.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Someone has to ask $64,000.00 question, and it may as well be me... Can anyone with the "new" Treo use BugMe! with the text tool as the default?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast