1.    #1  
    I have not bought the phone yet, but I got to play withone
    at Best Buy today!

Now, I remember one review saying that that the flip felt
    flimsy, and I have to say I aggree....

What do you owners who have had yours awhile say?

And I kept want to write with the sylus when I couldn't

thanks,
    henry
    I think the feeling of flimsiness must be relative. I don't think it feels flimsy at all, but nor do I have a flip phone to compare it to. Do you have a flip phone, like a StarTac? That might feel more robust than the Treo, but there's also a lot more to it than the Treo. The Treo flip lid is really nothing more than a screen cover with a speaker in it.

As for wanting to write with the stylus, you get over it. You might not think so from fiddling with it a minute here, and a minute there, but after actually using it for more than 10 minutes, you realize how much faster and easier it is to enter text with it. Yes, I was adept at graffiti, and could get about 25 words per minute on average. Just for the heck of it, I checked my WPM score, and got 27 words per minute on my first try. At the very least, I'm sure you'll see equal performance in text entry, if not better.

But, hey, you can always get the 180g!

-Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
  3. wjs
    Flimsy to me is when I think it might break too easily. I don't get that feeling at all with my Treo. The lid is thin except where the speaker is, and the hinge and spring seem quite adequate. I think it's well designed.

If you are a stylus person, get the 180g - that's what I did. Text entry is not a big part of my PDA use, but shortcut strokes and interactive applications are, so I didn't think twice about getting the grafitti version. Some people swear by the keyboard version, and that's why there is a choice.
    Bill Spencer
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    I think the feeling of flimsiness must be relative. I don't think it feels flimsy at all, but nor do I have a flip phone to compare it to. Do you have a flip phone, like a StarTac?

Yeah, I have a Samsung N200 which has "weight" and "substance" to it. The Treo felt kind like "thin"
    plastic in a flimsy sort of way

But, hey, you can always get the 180g!

-Greg
    Not at Best Buy for the $299 I can't

-henry
    Originally posted by hmp32
    What do you owners who have had yours awhile say?
    "Cool."
    I'm happy not doing graffiti and using a keyboard instead,
    but does the 180 still have a touchscreen? Not being
    able to tap an OK button with my finger or move my guy
    around in iRogue would be a real pain.
    LOL! Yes, it still has a touch screen. There will never be a PalmOS device without one. Even if you can "tap" every on-screen button and menu virtually, how would drawing and other "digital ink" apps work without a touch screen? Don't worry, the screen part is just like any other PalmOS device. Heck if you want, you can install ScreenWrite hack and use graffiti on the screen area. ;-)

In case you had the wrong idea, though, the flip cover DOES potect the screen, so you can't tap the screen with the cover down.

-Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Thanks!
    The " interactive applications" comment in wjs's post had
    me worried.
    The Treo's lid ios anything but Flimsy. If it was flimsy, I would have been worried about breaking it..I am not.