View Poll Results: Echo reported by those on the other end of the call?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 68.18%
  • No

7 31.82%
  1.    #1  
    a couple of people have mentioned this problem with no success in managing it ... i want to know how pervasive this problem is before i buy a unit, THANX

The poll is "Is there an echo reported by the receivers of your phone calls when using the headset (not the earpiece)?
    Come on, people! 38 "views" and only 6 votes?
    Mine is a qualified no. When I am on the speakerphone, others can hear an echo. When I am not on the speakerphone, there is no echo.
    I just received a replacement Treo. I had an echo problem with my old one, but it went away when using the earbud. I will vote once I try this new Treo without the earbud.
    Originally posted by AbortRetryFail?
    You want the people without treo's to vote?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    You want the people without treo's to vote?
    Whatever it takes to get to the truth. I'm now on my third Treo... can I vote 3 times?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Ok, call me stupid but I was confused by the question.

Does headset refer to when you plug something into your Treo and earpiece refer to when you hold the entire device up to your ear (like a normal phone)?

I don't think anyone has had a problem with Echo when they have something plugged into the Treo (at least from other posts). But the vote is not saying that. I wonder if others are confused.

Just making sure I vote correctly 'cause I've occassionally heard an echo when holding the Treo up to my ear but never when I have something plugged in.

Sorry to be so easily bewildered.
    Originally posted by AbortRetryFail?
    You need more options. I've had the problem but only infrequently.
    My first Treo had echo on an iregular basis. Mostly when I was in a moving car. I received a replacement for another reason and no one has complained of echo.
    I'm sorry to report that my replacement Treo has the same echo problem as my original unit. Guess I'll have to keep using the earbud. At least the replacement earbud's button works.
    Originally posted by burningyen
    I'm sorry to report that my replacement Treo has the same echo problem as my original unit.
    That's what worries me about getting my unit replaced because of the short battery life. It sounds like there is a chance the replacement (with longer battery life) will give me new problems I don't currently have - like an echo.