1.    #1  
    I'm getting a wierd problem. Every time I perform a find (opt + shift) my treo crashes. It doesn't matter what the search string is, it ALWAYS crashes at the end of its search. If it finds some records, clicking "find more" competes the search and the crash happens. I get "Fatal Alert - TextMgr.c, Line 751, Null source" every time. Is anyone else getting this? What dos the error mean?

I am running:

NO hacks
    NO PQAs
    NO Games

AvantGo Vindigo
    Zagat ActionNames
    Aportis Doc TreoButton
    FireViewer Streetsigns
    ArchiCalc OneTouch
    Jot Launch 'Em
    UnDupe

Any suggestions would be great.
    Disable Jot and TreoButton and see if this resolve the problem.

If this fail, do this:

1. HotSYnc Treo to backup your data.

2. Hard reset the Treo.

3. remove backup folder in C:/Program Files/handspring/usernamefilder

4. Set datebook, address book, to do list and memo pad conduits to "Desktop overwrites handheld"

5. HotSync treo and select old user name.

6. test to see if the find function is working by searching for a contact.

If the find function work, install your apps again one a time to see which one causing problem. Hope thsi helps.
  3.    #3  

If the find function work, install your apps again one a time to see which one causing problem. Hope thsi helps.
    Okay here's the rundown...

I hard reset. There's NOTHING on the treo except ROM apps. I sync only user data. PROBLEM EXISTS. Hard Reset. Sync all user data except datebook. No problem.

But I need my datebook, right? RIGHT! I AM using Entourage conduits. I will try just palm conduits, but this is somewhat not acceptable. Any ideas?
    Most problems like this thread come from applications like launcher replacers and anything which requires a restart on install. Just synching your user data may seem like a minimum synch but you may also have a bunch of applications and extensions which your System conduit is reinstalling from the Backup folder. I find it is this motley collection which cause any problems - if you dont know why you have it it may not belong on your Treo.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by meta_dave
    Most problems like this thread come from applications like launcher replacers and anything which requires a restart on install. Just synching your user data may seem like a minimum synch but you may also have a bunch of applications and extensions which your System conduit is reinstalling from the Backup folder. I find it is this motley collection which cause any problems - if you dont know why you have it it may not belong on your Treo.
    No, I mean it. Only User Data. I hard reset. REMOVED the backup folder from the users folder. Removed the backup conduit from the conduit folder. verified on the handheld. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. The only thing I can figure is while ActionNames is NOT installed on the handheld, it does add extra strings into the notes field of a record. Could this screw it up?
    I have Action Names and do not have this problem. It may be something else. You will have to test. Perhaps you want to hard reset again and enter a bunch of dummyh info,,then use the search function.
  7.    #7  
    Well, I deleted the datebook DB, and did a very aggressive manual purge of my entire datebook. It did the trick. I still don't know what exactly was the offending datebook item (nothing looked suspicious). I'm curious, but happy.
    I was hit by this problem, freeze on find, and after a process of elimination, I found the fix was deleting Expense.db with filez. The problem went away. (I may have had a duplicate expense App... one is in rom)

Now I wish I knew how to restrict what programs get searched by the find routine.